Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:19:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  George Bush- Your Opinion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: George Bush- Your Opinion  (Read 25559 times)
Sammy

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2003, 12:54:02 PM »

North Korea is Crazy.  Remember that Rumour that they were kidnapping people in Submarines all over asia?  Then it turned out to be true?.  It's almost comical some of the stuff they get up to.  The thing is, their nuclear weapons are rubbish.  If they detonated one then it would probably come straight back down again.  
What North Korea is trying to do here is prove to the World that they are Crazy enough to use their Nukes.  This leaves us with two options.  1.  Destroy the Factories thereby causing Korea to detonate all of their weapons and causing fallout several orders of magnitude greater than that of Chyrnobyl (from both the weapons and the Factories) and kill half of Asia.  Or Option B.  we can give them aid in exchange for ending the program.  They are telling the U.S 2 things.  "Give us aid or else"  and "Dont invaid us- were crazy enough to Bomb our own country just to get you"
North Korea started this program in the first place because they were put on that stupid Axis of evil list.  Basically they were preempting the preemption.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2003, 12:56:04 PM by Sammy » Logged
Paul2
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2003, 04:30:42 PM »

What do you believe Sammy?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2003, 07:25:59 PM »

The world is between Islam and Christianity, and Judaeism. The war is raging and we pretend peace with those who seek to destroy us.

Christians want to convert the world to Christianity because we believe Jesus is the only way to Heaven. We believe He sent us out into the world to lead people to Salvation through His Life, death, and resurrection. We want to convert out of love. We want all people to be forgiven and recieve eternal life.

Muslims want to rewrite 1000 years of history and destroy the infadels, Christians and Jews and rise to world domination.
They want to destroy our civilization and the jewish people. As soon as one of the terrorist groups get a nuclear weapon,
New York will be destroyed. Its not a matter of "IF" but a matter of "When". We know how the last seven years are played out before the bodily return of Christ, but leading up to Isreals 7 year treaty is where we are now.

George Bush understands the reality of this and is doing the right thing by trying to protect our county for an nuclear nightmare that is being sought after by terorists as I type. They want to nuke our economic center but so far the only had planes to hyjack. When they get a nuke...BOOM!

I'm not ashamed of George Bush but proud to have a president that does what seems right verses whats popular.

Our economy is built on faith and trust. The stock market blows in the winds of news and rumors. If the government told the whole truth about the treats against us we'd panic.

We are at major risk of getting nuked if we don't stop north Korea, iran, ect... As soon as a terrorist gets one its coming here. We"ve been drawn into war when the trade center was hit. We have no choice but to use every means possible to protect ourselves. Little hitler type dictators want to see us nuked and will aid terrorists to do the job.

Go George W Bush Go!

DITTO  Grin

P.S. I like you Paul2, thanks

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
kathleen5

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2003, 01:40:19 PM »

BEP, Howdy to you!  I agree with you about not judging one on their past or mistakes of youth.   However, if I understand correctly Mr. Bush has never renounced his association with this society nor has his father.  You are right I do not know the man's heart, so I do pray for him to see the truth of this ungodly society if he hasn't done so already.  Don't get me wrong I thank God that he is the leader  He has put over us at this time.  And I don't question he is a Christian.  It just may be a deceived one.

In Christ
Kathleen
Psalm 119

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2003, 04:28:04 PM »

President Bush has done an a astounding job as prez compared to "you know who", you know ,the one who kept his pants around his ankles in the white house. Scandle upon scandle rocked this nation with the ungodly deeds of "you know who".

However, there are a few concerns I have regarding President Bush. First, he did belong to the "Skull and Crossbones" at Yale (as did his father). To my knowledge he never has renounced this demonic group. Secondly, he has on more than once called Islam a peaceful religion, and been a little too cozy with Islamic leaders; including having a terrorist in the White House (Sami al Arian sp?). Thirdly, he plans to strike a "peace deal" with Israel and Palestine. This is his top priority once the Iraqi mess gets stabilized. Israel is going to get the short end of this deal (keep a good eye on this situation) Since Israel is the "apple of God's eye" I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of His judgement for messing with His chosen.

One bright note though....Bush appears to be more and more reluctant to do business with the U.N. (they should have been booted out of this nation 40 years ago). Maybe one day he will tell them to take a hike.

Whatever what one thinks of Bush or not, God is sovereign. He has allowed Bush to become our President during this hour. In order for the Battle of Armaggedon to take place  there needs to be a catalyst to bring it to pass .( sorry my pre-tribber friends) I will not prophecy or date set regarding this matter. The best thing to remember is that we need to always be ready to meet our Lord; to not be Polly Anna's, and "do not be deceived".

Keeping our eyes on Jesus the Author and Finisher of our Faith.

Psalm 119
kathleen5

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2003, 04:49:00 PM »

;)Psalm119 AMEN!
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2003, 12:48:11 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Psalm 119 and Kathleen5,

I must admit that I don't know what Skull and Crossbones is. I first thought it might be like a fraternity in college. I guess that I will have to do a search and find out what it is. I belonged to a fraternity 35 years ago and I didn't disassociate myself from it. There was really nothing active after I got out of college. We've had no meetings, reunions, etc. Mine was the standard run-of-the-mill college fraternity. Our worst actions were pranks in pledge week, and that's about it.

Is Skull and Crossbones supposed to be some sort of lifelong activity, or was it a one-time deal in college like my fraternity? I would question judging someone for an activity so many years ago. I'll get more of an eduation on the subject and post again.

In Christ.

bep
« Last Edit: May 06, 2003, 01:06:12 AM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2003, 12:55:16 AM »

Any snide comments about Bush and his haydays is dumb.  You find me a sober or even remotely honest politician and I MIGHT listen.  The highest amount of "law" breakers in the land are the same ones who make them.

Oklahoma Howdy to Saved_4ever,

If our members of Congress weren't politicians, they would probably be in prison.  Grin

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2003, 01:01:58 AM »

My point is: If George Bush used drugs, It is wrong of him to support a stiffening of Drug laws.  But that is exactly what he is doing.

Oklahoma Howdy to Sammy,

If you think about what you just said, it makes no sense at all. Let's say I almost got killed in an accident while driving drunk. Later I became a congressman and decided to try and limit the number of folks being mamed and killed because of drunk driving. I would have personal experience about why such laws were needed.

In another example of completely backward thinking, you shouldn't holler at your kid for running into the street. After all, you ran into the street when you were a kid. Inside out, backward thinking never makes much sense.

In Christ.

bep
« Last Edit: May 06, 2003, 01:08:37 AM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

joyunending

He is Risen!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2003, 09:47:19 AM »

Black eyed peas,,,,, my opinion exactly!!!
    What you did when you were young ( and there were plenty of bad decisions, choices, and plain stupidity) you would hope you learned a lesson with the wrong choices and that a little wisdom happened in the years in between then and now!!!
      I know for myself, I used to drink every week-end and thought it was just fun and I was hurting no one but myself!! (yeah, right)  
       We I matured I found out that I might have been harming not only my liver, stomach, etc.... but that my kids were witnessing their mother and father being totally stupid with their friends and that the relationship between by husband and I suffered because of it....
       Right now, I could easily go out and fight for laws banning drinking and driving, banning alcohol from all public games (baseball, football, etc) because of the violence and language that is used at the games... and the stupid things that people tend to do when drunk!
         Do you think for one moment, because I drank like a fish and was stupid enough to get drunk as a skunk when I was young, and that now, that I have matured and I look back and see the harm that it did, I don't have a right to fight the things that made it possible!!!! PLEASE!! Use some common sense here!!!
        The thing about President Bush that I admire is that he admits to doing these things and that he admits that they were stupid, and he is doing something to help people not to make the same stupid things that he did.... May we all not be found guilty for the things we did in the past, in our youth! There would be a billion people who could not be forgiven for the things we did..... that God , He forgives us when we admit to Him how stupid we were, and ask forgiveness, and then turn from that sin!
       Forgive, and you shall be forgiven.... there is a reason that is in the Bible you know,,,, may we have the wisdom to do so!!!!        Joy Grin

Love in Him,  Joy
blindfaith

walking in faith

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2003, 06:07:10 PM »

Joyunending, well put.. I think people just have to much time on their hands when they look up every bad thng about a person. Was the same amount of time given in finding out all the good about him? I seriously doubt it. He claims to be Christian and a family man. Thats good enough for me. I 've heard a lot of crazy stories from him being the antichrist because of his roman empire heritage to him being some sort of reptile in flesh. Whatever that is. Any waho thats america for ya, build em up only to see them fall. Lets keep our eyes on Christ and live for him. In Jesus name. James T
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2003, 01:06:32 PM »

Joyunending, well put.. I think people just have to much time on their hands when they look up every bad thng about a person. Was the same amount of time given in finding out all the good about him? I seriously doubt it. He claims to be Christian and a family man. Thats good enough for me. I 've heard a lot of crazy stories from him being the antichrist because of his roman empire heritage to him being some sort of reptile in flesh. Whatever that is. Any waho thats america for ya, build em up only to see them fall. Lets keep our eyes on Christ and live for him. In Jesus name. James T

DITTO  Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
joyunending

He is Risen!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2003, 10:18:14 PM »

First of all Sammy,  when I was being stupid, I was over 21 and it was and still is leagle to drink. Though, it is still stupid!
    Drugs are illeagle,  and if you break the law you go to jail. Just because you said that half of the population would go to jail,,,, well, that would be interesting where we would find the space, wouldn't it?
      Breaking the law when I was a kid, you were punished, today we get a slap on the wrist and sent home to do it again. Consequences don't fit the crime.... I agree that there are far more terrible things going unpunished, but if it is against the law, (do the crime pay the time) then that is that.
       It would be nice if we could live in a world where all things are fair, and if you follow Jesus you one day will, but not on this earth!!!!   I gues we just have to do the best we can, and pray for the best.
        Sammy, do you have a better choice for President?  I started a new thread asking who people would choose for the Next Pres?  Any ideas on what great leader would be fair, make great laws, and have absolutely no sins in the past that the press or anyone else could find and make huge condemnations about??? I'd like to meet him....... Joy

Love in Him,  Joy
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2003, 02:09:21 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Sammy,

With your thinking, we could just do away with most of our minor offenses and let everyone do what they want to. If you've ever speeded, ran a stop sign, ran a red light, or did any number of other minor offenses and didn't get a ticket, you shouldn't advocate anyone getting a ticket. Again, inside-out, backward thinking never works very well. Instead of 50,000 people dying in traffic accidents every year, maybe we could quickly get that number up to 100,000 a year.

It's really sad that in our last two wars it was safer for a soldier to go to war than to stay home. More were killed in the U.S. in accidents and violence at home than were killed in the war. Why don't you run for Congress and do away with most of those stupid laws designed to keep folks alive and have some semblance of civilization. I won't vote for you, but you can run anyway. By the way, drug use is directly related to between 60 and 80 percent of all crimes in most states. Maybe we could be easier on drug users and escalate all of our crime rates by double. Well, after thinking about it, NO!, that wouldn't be very smart.

In Christ.

Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2003, 02:30:57 AM »

Sammy I think it'd do you good to stop smoking marijuana before you post.  You make little to no sense in what you say.  Ask the Israelites how many chances they gave to offenders of the law whne the punishment was death.  You would need to consult your bible but I know you don't like that, because it's just a bunch of fairy tales.

The BIGGEST problem in the US is that no one has any fear of consequences.  In fact it's being instilled in everyone's head they have the freedom to do whatever they want and not pay the consequences for their actions.  You can't discipline children (physically) clearly unbiblical.  You can't make people do time for their crimes as you seem to advocate.  Everyone has free speech except untolerant Christians (they call it hate speech now and that's not allowed for some reason).  This countries values and morals have deteriorated to such an extent it's amazing fire hasn't rained down from heaven on us.

More and more people push for immoral things while people with morals are told they are untolerant and hateful and people are buying it with ease.  I saw someone tell BEP he was a hateful person because he wouldn't accept gays.  Ridiculous really.  If God wiped us all out I coundn't even begin to defend us because we are almost at the times of Noah in all our actions.  It's disgusting and you should really check yourself.  You sound like a dirty communist.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the