Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:50:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Books (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  What is everyone reading?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What is everyone reading?  (Read 64017 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2007, 01:30:44 AM »

Bill O'Reilly is far from being theologian. I watch him on Fox News quite frequently and have noticed that he has made numerous such mistakes. Some of them have been pointed out to him by viewers and he has come back later on occasion and apologized, admitting his mistake.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
carlotta

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2007, 01:55:12 AM »

I am no theologian either, but to call Paul a 'pagan'!  That surely demonstrates a minimal knowledge of the Bible.  But the Lord uses people in His own way, and O'Reilly has been great for fighting the anti-Christian forces.
I was wondering if  O'Reilly was confusing Paul with some other NT figure, but I can't think of anyone that could be described as 'a Roman warrior and pagan activist'.  Anyone have any ideas?
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2007, 02:33:30 AM »

I just think that he did not realize that Paul was not only Roman but also a Jew. I have heard many other Christians that have said the same thing. With the thought of him being only a Roman it would be understandable that he would think of him as a pagan. Then again there are those that consider the Pharisees as being pagans.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2007, 10:15:19 AM »

I just finished reading Left Behind: Kingdom Come. It was good but doesn't match what I think the Millennium Kingdom will be like.

Here is what I believe:
There will be no mistrust. Everyone will know who is a believer and who
There will be no unbelievers in the kingdom itself.
Satan is to be released at end of millennium and will be out for alot more than a few days.

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
carlotta

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2007, 09:50:12 PM »

I just think that he did not realize that Paul was not only Roman but also a Jew. I have heard many other Christians that have said the same thing. With the thought of him being only a Roman it would be understandable that he would think of him as a pagan. Then again there are those that consider the Pharisees as being pagans.

Perhaps people who grew up with pictures or movie portrayals of Paul in a sort of toga and with sandals confused him with being a Roman, when he was actually a Greek-speaking Jew who happened to be a citizen of the Roman Empire.  I don't see how anyone could think that the Pharisees were pagans, surely a pagan is an idol-worshiper and polytheist.
One of the most remarkable things about the conversion of Paul is that he was a devout Jew who followed all 613 commandments, but the Lord completely changed him in an instant.  If he had been a pagan, the conversion would not have been such an amazing one, and also a pagan could never have quoted from the Hebrew scriptures as Paul does when he explains the Messianic role of Jesus.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2007, 04:26:33 AM »

I just finished reading Left Behind: Kingdom Come. It was good but doesn't match what I think the Millennium Kingdom will be like.

Here is what I believe:
There will be no mistrust. Everyone will know who is a believer and who
There will be no unbelievers in the kingdom itself.
Satan is to be released at end of millennium and will be out for alot more than a few days.

Hi David, yes there will be sinners in the Millennium Kingdom.

Isaiah 65:20 There shall no more be in it an infant who lives but a few days, or an old man who dies prematurely; for the child shall die a hundred years old, and the sinner who dies when only a hundred years old shall be [thought only a child, cut off because he is] accursed.

Those who survived the Tribulation are saints. So the first few years of the Millennium will be sin free, with Christ on the throne and all citizens of the earth believers.

As newborns come along, obviously, they will be sinners in need of forgiveness and salvation from our Lord. I believe the scriptural prophecy indicate that anyone who does not trust Christ by the age of one hundred will be accursed (die). When Satan is again loosed for a season at the end of the Millennium, despite that the earth is massively populated with more believers than have ever lived, there will still be those who live for themselves and constitute the army of the rebellion against God.

Only heaven itself will finally be populated with only believers.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2007, 03:52:45 PM »

I don't see how anyone could think that the Pharisees were pagans, surely a pagan is an idol-worshiper and polytheist.

I'm thinking that Pastor Roger said this with "tongue in cheek".  As far as a pagan being an idol-worshipper, then Pharisees would certainly fit that catagory in that they worshipped "self" in that they were prideful.
In Christ,
Grammyluv

Let us fight the good fight!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2007, 04:28:41 PM »

Yes, it was said with "tongue in cheek". I still haven't found a smiley that will indicate that.  Wink

Not only did they worship self they also held the traditions of men in higher regard than they did God Himself.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2008, 08:07:58 PM »

Well i just finished reading (English version of) Zhirinovsky manifesto, "The Final Thrust to the South."   You wouldn't believe how close it is to the battle plan, in Ezekiel 38 & 39. Looking at Putin, and the Russian government.............

Precious2God
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2008, 10:31:47 PM »

Hey going to jump in on this one because I love to read.  I'm reading well several books.  O

1.  Holy Bible (reading through this year)  Smiley
2.  Savannah (not sure if it is a christian fiction book yet)
3.  At Hom in Mitford (The Mitford Town series)

I love to read christian fiction books,  Jeanette Oake, Lori Wick, Al and Joanna Lacy, and several others. 
Hary

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2008, 05:24:54 AM »

I love to read christian fiction books,  Jeanette Oake, Lori Wick, Al and Joanna Lacy, and several others. 

G'day Precious2God, I also enjoy jeanette Oake, Lori Wick (I have all of her books). I also enjoy Karen Kingsbury, Dee Henderson, Cathy Marie Hake, Tracie Peterson and a lot of others. My Library has about 100 Christian Fiction books in it!

1 Timothy 4:12
Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.
Precious2God
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2008, 09:40:40 AM »

I have those authors also,  I have maybe a little more than that and I have all of Jeanette Oake and Lori Wick There are so many good ones out there.  Have fun reading
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2008, 11:42:24 PM »

I just finished reading the most moving book.  It fact no since I read "To Kill a Mockingbird" in school has a book touched me so emotionally and spiritually too!  It's called:  Same Kind of Different As Me.  It's about Denver Moore who was a homeless man and Ron and Debbie Hall who started volunteering at a homeless shelter in Texas.  Now that doesn't sound too interesting does it?  Let me tell you if read this book, you won't be the same and you won't forget it.  I'm included just a bit of Denver's bio here to see it that will hook ya!

DENVER MOORE'S BIOGRAPHY

Denver was born in rural Louisiana in January 1937, and after several tragic events went to live on a plantation in Red River Parish with his Uncle James and Aunt Ethel, who were share croppers.

Sometime around 1960, he hopped a freight train and began a life as a homeless drifter until 1966 when a judge awarded him a 10 year contract for hard labor at the Louisiana State School of Fools, aka, Angola Prison!

According to Denver, he went in a man and left a man and received a standing ovation from prisoners in the yard as he walked out of there in 1976.  For the next 22 years he was homeless on the streets of Fort Worth, Texas.  However, there were a few times after a brush with the law, he'd ride the rails visiting cities and hobo jungles across America, sampling regional cuisine like Vienna sausage with fellow passengers.

In 1998, "He never met Miss Debbie," Miss Debbie met him and his life was changed forever.

Today, he is an artist, public speaker, and volunteer for homeless causes.  In 2006, as evidence of the complete turn around of his life, the citizens of Fort Worth honored him as "Philanthropist of the Year" for his work with homeless people at the Union Gospel Mission.

I have just started:  God Works the Night Shift.  Also a fabulous book!

Let us fight the good fight!
StrikeToWin

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2008, 10:27:53 PM »

I just finished the first book in a series by Nancy Moser entitled "The Invitation".  Excellent book and can't wait to read the rest of the series.
Sandra

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2008, 04:36:46 PM »

I'm Reading 2 books actually..The first book is most important..The Holy Bible.and the 2nd im reading is Even Now by Karen Kingsbery

Sandra
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the