Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:13:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  American Minute
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: American Minute  (Read 101614 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 11, 2007, 03:34:54 PM »

British Admiral Horatio Nelson lost his right eye capturing Corsica and his right arm attacking the Canary Islands. He captured six and destroyed seven of Napoleon's ships at the Battle of the Nile and successfully assaulted Copenhagen, Denmark. But it was on OCTOBER 21, 1805, that he won one of the greatest naval battles in history. The daring 47-year-old Nelson defeated Napoleon's combined French and Spanish fleets of 33 ships with 2,640 guns in the Battle of Trafalgar off the coast of Spain. The fifteen million dollars Napoleon received two years earlier for selling 600 million acres to the United States was not enough to assure him victory. Though 90,000 French troops had previously assembled on the coast of France to invade Britain, this defeat by Admiral Nelson abruptly ended Napoleon's power on the sea, and with it, his dreams of world conquest. During the Battle of Trafalgar, cannonades and musket shot ripped apart ships at point blank range, killing or wounding nearly ten thousand. Admiral Nelson was fatally shot in the spine. He was carried below deck to the ship's surgeon where he died. Admiral Horatio Nelson's last words were: "Thank God I have done my duty."

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 11, 2007, 03:35:39 PM »

OCTOBER 22, 1836, General Sam Houston was sworn in as the first President of the Republic of Texas. As a teenager, after his father died, Houston ran off to live with the Cherokee Indians on the Tennessee River, being adopted by Chief Oolooteka and given the name "Raven." Three years later, Houston returned to town, opened a school, joined the army and fought in the War of 1812, being noticed by General Andrew Jackson. In 1818, wearing Indian dress, Houston led a delegation of Cherokee to Washington, D.C., to meet with President Monroe. Elected to U.S. Congress in 1823, he became Governor of Tennessee in 1827. After a failed marriage, Sam Houston moved to Texas, where he was made Commander to fight Santa Anna. The Texas Declaration of Independence stated: "When a government has ceased to protect the lives, liberty, and property of the people... and...becomes an instrument in the hands of evil rulers for their oppression....it is a...sacred obligation to their posterity to abolish such government, and create another in its stead." The Texas' Declaration ended: "Conscious of the rectitude of our intentions, we fearlessly and confidently commit the issue to the decision of the Supreme Arbiter of the Destinies of Nations."

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 11, 2007, 03:36:19 PM »

President Woodrow Wilson proclaimed a Day of Thanksgiving, stating: "The season is at hand in which it has been our long respected custom as a people to turn in praise and thanksgiving to Almighty God for His manifold mercies and blessings to us as a nation." Wilson continued: "In the year that has just passed...we have seen the practical completion of a great work at the Isthmus of Panama... 'Righteousness exalteth a nation' and 'peace on earth, good will towards men' furnish the only foundation upon which can be built the lasting achievements of the human spirit...Now, Therefore, I, Woodrow Wilson, President of the United States of America, do hereby designate...a day of thanksgiving and prayer, and invite the people throughout the land to cease from their wonted occupations and in their several homes and places of worship render thanks to Almighty God." Woodrow Wilson concluded: "In Witness Whereof, I have hereunto set my hand and caused the seal of the United States to be affixed. Done at the City of Washington this 23RD DAY of OCTOBER, in the year of our Lord one thousand nine hundred and thirteen...William Jennings Bryan Sec. of State"

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 11, 2007, 03:36:56 PM »

Created to prevent future wars, the United Nations, a name coined by Franklin Roosevelt, officially began OCTOBER 24, 1945. Since then there have been over 100 million casualties in nearly 150 wars: 5 in Central Asia, 11 in South Asia, 20 in Southeast Asia, 13 in Eastern Europe, 23 in the Middle East, 25 in Latin & South America and 50 in Africa. Amidst accusations of U.N. Oil for Food Scandal and U.N. Sex Scandal, the 185 member United Nations spends $20 billion annually, though it has never been independently audited. At the 1945 Charter Conference, the U.N. secretary-general was Alger Hiss, accused in a publicized 1948 trial of being a Communist agent by former Soviet spy Whittaker Chambers. The U.N. General Assembly's 4th President, elected 1949, was Philippine General Carlos Romulo, who served with General Douglas MacArthur in the Pacific and was the first Asian to win a Pulitzer Prize. General Romulo wrote: "Never forget Americans, that yours is a spiritual country. Yes, I know you're a practical people. Like others, I've marveled at your factories, your skyscrapers, and your arsenals. But underlying everything else is the fact that America began as a God-loving, God-fearing, God-worshipping people."

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 11, 2007, 03:37:34 PM »

On OCTOBER 25, 1887, President Grover Cleveland proclaimed a National Day of Thanksgiving and Prayer: "The goodness and the mercy of God, which have followed the American people during all the days of the past year, claim their grateful recognition and humble acknowledgment." Grover Cleveland continued: "By His omnipotent power He has protected us from war and pestilence and from every national calamity; by His gracious favor the earth has yielded a generous return...by His loving kindness the hearts of our people have been replenished... and by His unerring guidance we have been directed in the way of national prosperity. To the end that we may with one accord testify our gratitude for all these blessings, I, Grover Cleveland, President of the United States, do hereby designate and set apart...a day of thanksgiving and prayer, to be observed by all the people of the land. On that day let all secular work and employment be suspended, and let our people assemble in their accustomed places of worship and with prayer and songs of praise give thanks to our Heavenly Father for all that He has done for us, while we humbly implore the forgiveness of our sins and a continuance of His mercy."

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 11, 2007, 03:38:14 PM »

On OCTOBER 26, 1774, the Provincial Congress of Massachusetts reorganized their defenses with one-third of their regiments being "Minutemen," ready to fight at a minute's notice. These citizen soldiers drilled on the parade ground, many times led by a deacon or pastor, then went to church for exhortation and prayer. The Provincial Congress charged: "You...are placed by Providence in the post of honor, because it is the post of danger...The eyes not only of North America and the whole British Empire, but of all Europe, are upon you. Let us be, therefore, altogether solicitous that no disorderly behavior, nothing unbecoming our character as Americans, as citizens and Christians, be justly chargeable to us." The Provincial Congress issued a Resolution to Massachusetts Bay, 1774: "Resistance to tyranny becomes the Christian and social duty of each individual...Continue steadfast, and with a proper sense of your dependence on God, nobly defend those rights which heaven gave, and no man ought to take from us." Boston patriot Josiah Quincy stated: "Under God, we are determined that wheresoever, whensoever, or howsoever we shall be called to make our exit, we will die free men."

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 11, 2007, 03:38:51 PM »

His wife and mother died on Valentine's Day, 1884. Depressed, he left to ranch in the Dakotas. Returning to New York, he entered politics and rose to Assistant Secretary of the Navy. He resigned during the Spanish-American War, organized the first Volunteer Cavalry-the "Rough Riders"-and captured Cuba's San Juan Hill. Elected Vice-President under William McKinley, he became America's youngest President in 1901. This was Theodore Roosevelt, born OCTOBER 27, 1858. In 1909, Roosevelt warned: "The thought of modern industry in the hands of Christian charity is a dream worth dreaming. The thought of industry in the hands of paganism is a nightmare beyond imagining. The choice between the two is upon us." In his book "Fear God and Take Your Part," 1916, Theodore Roosevelt wrote: "The 7th century Christians of Asia and Africa...had trained themselves not to fight, whereas the Moslems were trained to fight. Christianity was saved in Europe solely because the peoples of Europe fought the Mohammedans who invaded." Teddy Roosevelt continued: "The civilization of Europe, America and Australia exists today only because the victories of civilized man over the enemies of civilization...that is, to beat back the Moslem invader."

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 11, 2007, 03:39:32 PM »

The Statue of Liberty was dedicated OCTOBER 28, 1886. A gift from France, it was built by Gustave Eiffel, builder of the Eiffel Tower, and designed by Auguste Bartholdi, who wrote: "The statue was born for this place which inspired its conception. May God be pleased to bless my efforts and my work, and to crown it with success, the duration and the moral influence which it ought to have." On its 50th Anniversary, OCTOBER 28, 1936, Franklin D. Roosevelt stated: "The Almighty...did prepare this American continent to be a place of the second chance... Millions have...found...freedom of opportunity, freedom of thought, freedom to worship God." Dwight Eisenhower remarked April 8, 1954: "I have just come from...the dedication of a new stamp...The stamp has on it a picture of the Statue of Liberty and "In God We Trust"...It represents...a Nation whose greatness is based on a firm unshakeable belief that all of us mere mortals are dependent upon the mercy of a Superior Being." Relighting the Statue of Liberty, July 3, 1986, Ronald Reagan said: "I've always thought...that God had His reasons for placing this land here between two great oceans to be found by a certain kind of people."

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 11, 2007, 03:40:09 PM »

OCTOBER 29, 1929, the New York Stock Exchange crashed. Panic ensued as Wall Street sold 16,410,030 shares in a single day. Billions of dollars were lost and America plunged into the Great Depression. In a drive to aid private relief agencies, October 18, 1931, President Herbert Hoover stated: "Time and again the American people have demonstrated a spiritual quality of generosity...This is the occasion when we must arouse that idealism, that spirit, from which there can be no failure in this primary obligation of every man to his neighbor." Herbert Hoover continued: "Our country and the world are today involved in more than a financial crisis. We are faced with the primary question of human relations, which reaches to the very depths of organized society and to the very depths of human conscience...This great complex, which we call American life, is builded and can alone survive upon the translation into individual action of that fundamental philosophy announced by the Savior nineteen centuries ago." Hoover concluded: "Part of our national suffering today is from failure to observe these primary yet inexorable laws of human relationship...Modern society can not survive with the defense of Cain, 'Am I my brother's keeper?'"

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 11, 2007, 03:40:44 PM »

John Adams was born OCTOBER 30, 1735. A Harvard graduate, he was admitted to the bar and married Abigail Smith in 1764. In the Continental Congress, he recommended Thomas Jefferson pen the Declaration and George Washington be Commander-in-Chief. He authored Massachusetts' 1780 Constitution and was U.S. Minister to France, signing the Treaty of Paris that ended the Revolutionary War. While U.S. Minister to Britain he helped ratify the Constitution by writing a three volume work: "Defense of the Constitution of the Government of the United States." John Adams was the first Vice-President, serving under George Washington, and in 1797 was elected 2nd President. He established the Library of Congress and Department of Navy. His son, John Quincy, became 6th President. In 1819, John Adams wrote to Thomas Jefferson: "Have you ever found in history, one single example of a Nation thoroughly corrupted that was afterwards restored to virtue?...And without virtue, there can be no political liberty." Adams continued: "Will you tell me how to prevent luxury from producing effeminacy, intoxication, extravagance, vice and folly?...I believe no effort in favour of virtue is lost."

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 11, 2007, 03:41:21 PM »

Upon signing the Declaration, Samuel Adams stated: "This day, I trust, the reign of political protestantism will commence." The 56 signers were mostly Protestant, with a notable exception being Catholic Charles Carroll. New York University Professor Emeritus Patricia U. Bonomi, in her article "Middle Colonies as the Birthplace of American Religious Pluralism" wrote: "The colonists were about 98 percent Protestant." British Statesman Edmund Burke addressed Parliament, 1775: "All Protestantism...is a sort of dissent. But the religion most prevalent in our Northern Colonies is a refinement on the principle of resistance; it is the dissidence of dissent, and the protestantism of the Protestant religion." Protestantism traces its origins to OCTOBER 31, 1517, when Martin Luther posted 95 questions on the door of Wittenberg Church. Summoned to stand trial before 21-year-old Emperor Charles V, he was declared an outlaw. Frederick of Saxony hid him in Wartburg castle where he translated the New Testament into German. Luther later wrote: "I am much afraid that schools will prove to be the great gates of hell unless they diligently labor in explaining the Holy Scriptures, engraving them in the hearts of youth."

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 11, 2007, 05:19:05 PM »

There are a number of those that I don't have in my files. I just added those also.

Brother,

I don't have any of the American Minute, and I'm really enjoying them.

Here's what I'm interested in and have been thinking about:  How many folks realize that secular humanists representing the devil have stolen this part of the world from right under our noses?

It's nothing short of amazing how many lies are told every day, I assume with them thinking that folks will believe it if the lies are told often enough. It's as if they expect history to disappear.

There has been a horrible twisting and distorting that many young people don't even know about. EXAMPLE: Some people now actually believe there is a Constitutional reason why religious freedoms are being taken away. There is no such thing as Separation of Church and State - NEVER HAS BEEN - IT'S MADE UP - A LIE THAT NEVER EXISTED! The Constitution guarantees the exact opposite, and that WAS the practice and recorded HISTORY from long before 1776 to beyond 1950. SO, did the founders rise up out of their graves, go back and change the Constitution, and somehow erase all of those years in between. NO! If NOT - SOMEONE HAS BEEN FEEDING A TON OF LIES TO OUR POPULATION - GUESS WHO!

SO, how many legal and Constitutional things has the ACLU done since 1950? The ANSWER IS ZERO! NOW - go back to the REAL CONSTITUTION - THE ONE STILL IN EFFECT THAT HASN'T CHANGED - AND DETERMINE HOW OFTEN IT'S VIOLATED!

The REAL STORY is on these pages, and LIES is what's being done today! Furthermore, our Courts and Supreme Court are verifying what they KNOW TO BE LIES! There is overwhelming evidence, heavy documentation, and detailed history that provides PROOF that an entire country WITH ALL OF ITS RULES HAS BEEN STOLEN!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 01:16:40 AM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 11, 2007, 06:01:16 PM »

Amen, brother and that is the reason why it is important for this information to get out to more people.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 12, 2007, 04:14:50 AM »

ONE NATION UNDER GOD

compiled by Frederick C. Kubicek

All of the material which we have written has been copyrighted, but not for purposes of profit.  One of the things which the Lord showed me when He gave me the vision for this ministry in the fall of 1980 was that "freely you have received, freely give." (Matt.10:8)  As such, please feel free to download, and then reproduce on a non-profit basis all of the information you find on this site. We offer this material in this manner so as not to hinder those who are for whatever reason, unable at the present time to afford it, and at the same time not put man-made limits upon those whom the Holy Spirit may touch to abundantly give.

Please do not misunderstand our motive in this area.  It is not our intent to criticize any sincere believer who makes his or her living by selling Christian literature, for "...the worker is worth his keep."  (Matt.10:10)  We are merely attempting to do that which the Lord has directed us to do.  As of this date none of the members of our fellowship are independently wealthy; yet, like virtually every other ministry that I am aware of, we have financial needs.  However, the Lord has promised us that if we will freely give, and then trust Him to provide in the manner in which He chooses, those needs will be met. What we have found is that we cannot out give God; therefore, on a day by day basis, those needs are being met.

One final comment.  I continually tell the members of our fellowship not to believe anything that I tell them, but to check it out for themselves.  The Apostle Paul tells us in Acts 17:11 that the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians because, in addition to eagerly receiving the message he brought them, they compared it with the Bible in order to see if it was correct.  I therefore urge you to do the same.  It is for this reason that all the studies I have written are referenced to the appropriate Scripture.  While every effort has been made to accurately transcribe all these citations, I am sure that as you verify each point you may run across a typing error.  Should this occur, please e-mail us so that we can correct it.

May God bless you and strengthen you as you seek Him through His Word.

Your brother in Christ,

Frederick C. Kubicek

______________________________________________End Copyright

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 12, 2007, 04:26:45 AM »

ONE NATION UNDER GOD

compiled by Frederick C. Kubicek

We must never forget that this country was discovered by a man who said:

"It was the Lord who put into my mind... the fact that it would be possible to sail from here to the Indies... There is no question that the inspiration was from the Holy Spirit... It is merely the fulfillment of what Isaiah prophesied... No one should fear to undertake any task in the name of our Savior if it is just and if the intention is purely for His Holy service... the fact that the Gospel must still be preached to so many lands in such a short time - this is what convinces me."

#1 Note, see Isaiah 40: 22, Prov.8:27, and Job 26:10

We must never forget that King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella, the Spanish monarchs who sponsored Columbus’ voyage, clearly understood that the principal purpose for his trip was:

“To bear the light of Christ west to the heathen undiscovered lands”

#2 We must never forget that the Virginia Company, which sponsored the Jamestown expedition in 1607, stated that the first purpose for the plantation was:

"To preach and baptize into (the) Christian religion, and by propagation of the Gospel, to recover out of the arms of the devil a number of ... souls wrapped up into death."

#3 We must never forget that this country was colonized not by evolutionistic humanists, but by men who said that they undertook their voyage to plant their colony:

"... for the Glory of God and for the advancement of the Christian faith." (Mayflower Compact)

#4 We must never forget that John Winthrop, Governor of the Massachusetts Bay Colony wrote in June 1630 that:

“We are a Company professing our seules fellow members of Christ… knot together by this bond of love … Wee ared entered into Covenant with Him for His worke”

#5 We must never forget that in the Charter of Maryland June 20, 1632, King Charles I recognized that the primary reason for Lord Baltimore’s desire to establish a colony in the Americas was faith related when he said:

“Our well beloved … Caecilius Calvert, Baron of Baltimore … being animated with a laudable, and pious Zeal for extending the Christian Religion … hath humbly besought Leave of Us that he may transport … a numerous Colony of the English nation, to a certain Region … in a Country heitherto uncultivated … and partly occupied by savages, having no knowledge of the Divine Being.”

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the