Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 06:54:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Movies (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Hollywood has hit a new low and started digging their own grave. "The Ten"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hollywood has hit a new low and started digging their own grave. "The Ten"  (Read 3524 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« on: July 30, 2007, 02:22:26 PM »

'Jesus' deflowers virgin sexpot in new comedy
Some Christians outraged as Hollywood's hottest spoof Ten Commandments
Posted: July 29, 2007
9:55 p.m. Eastern

By Joe Kovacs
© 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

A new comedy spoof on the Ten Commandments portrays Jesus Christ deflowering a sexy virgin, and is raising some eyebrows in the Christian community.

"The Ten," rated R for pervasive strong, crude sexual content, language and some drug material, stars Jessica Alba, Winona Ryder, Gretchen Mol and Liev Schreiber among others.

The movie which opens Friday features ten separate stories, each inspired by one of the Ten Commandments from the Holy Bible.

"If you've ever stopped yourself from murdering someone, then you yourself have been following the Ten Commandments without even knowing it," clowns director David Wain on the film's website.

One storyline has Gretchen Mol playing a virtuous librarian "who has a sexual awakening in Mexico with a swarthy local" who is really Jesus, according to Wain.

He says other tales include:

* A guy (Adam Brody) who becomes an accidental hero after falling out of a plane

* A doctor (Ken Marino) who kills his patients "as a goof"

* A police detective (Liev Schreiber) who covets his neighbor's Cat Scan machine

* A mother (Kerri Kenney-Silver) who enlists an Arnold Schwarzenneger impersonator (Oliver Platt) to be a father figure to her children

* A prisoner (Rob Corddry) who covets his fellow inmate's "wife"

* A woman (Winona Ryder) who falls in love with, and then steals a ventriloquist's puppet

* A Rhinoceros who learns the pitfalls of gossip

* A husband (A. D. Miles) who skips church with his family to get naked with his friends and listen to Roberta Flack

* A man (Paul Rudd) presenting all of these stories to the audience, while struggling with his own moral dilemma: having to choose between his beautiful wife (Famke Janssen) and his also beautiful but somewhat younger mistress (Jessica Alba).

"This is going to be a very negative attack on faith and values," Dr. Ted Baehr, chairman of the Christian Film and Television Commission, which publishes MovieGuide, told WND. "It's very sad society has descended into this attack mode."

Baehr is aware the film is a comedy, but says, "In the old film code, you couldn't defame anyone's religion."

He says "you can have humor, but is the humor aimed at mocking God, or exposing the foibles of mankind? Is it aimed toward criticizing or building up?"

Baehr says there has not been a pre-release screening, and doesn't think there will be because City Lights Pictures is not a major distributor.

"This [film] is not going to be a major influence," he said.

Baehr says Adam Sandler's latest comedy, "I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry" has much more of a negative impact than what he expects from "The Ten."

In a column posted on WND earlier this month, he called it "one of the most blatant politically correct, anti-Christian movies of the year. Promoting itself as a comedy about two straight fireman who get married in order to receive better pension benefits, the movie is nothing more than anti-Christian, pro-homosexual propaganda that attacks the traditional, Judeo-Christian moral values of American culture."

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 02:25:15 PM »

I'm sorry but I'm not this desperate to be entertained. I cannot imagine finding any redeeming value in garbage like this or Chuck and Larry.

I hope Christians will simply ignore this movie and let it die the same death of obscurity that most of these Film Festival movies die. As long as we don't make a big deal out of it with boycotts and the like, most people will never even hear of it.

But if they really wanted to do something cutting edge, they'd do a comedy based upon the koran!!

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 09:45:04 PM »

This is the worst kind of open and blatant mockery of GOD that I've ever seen. At the very least, I think that every Christian in this part of the world needs to forever boycott everyone who has anything to do with this kind of blasphemous filth. AND, I would be talking about distributors, movie theaters, and everyone touching this vile thing - certainly including actors, producers, etc., etc., etc. and everything else they do for their entire life.

Christians need to stop threatening things like this and just do it. These idiots don't deserve any advance warning. We could easily find volunteers to maintain Internet databases of individuals and businesses for Christians to avoid. YES - I am completely serious. I would rather flush what little money I have down the toilet than give it to the devil for his use. Christians need to bind themselves together and stop having any tolerance at all for evil.

Pizza_Mahal

First earth suck.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 12:24:21 PM »

What do u expect?
I rather find a way to get rid of Hollywood, Can't find good reason for Hollywood to exist.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the