Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:59:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Please pray for me again...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Please pray for me again...  (Read 17256 times)
Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2007, 01:57:58 AM »

Does that answer your question about my thoughts on older Christians?

Well, my job dilema is over.  I got all upset Sunday night at the church I went to.  I was invited to go to a nearby church that was having a sing night.  So I went, and I got to talking to a woman that I know pretty well.  She and her husband are customers at the store that I work at, but anyhow, I their family to death and I just felt like I needed to talk to her.  I told her what was going on, and for some reason I got all upset.  Finally I got up the nerve to go talk to the man that made me the latest job offer, who is also a member of that church.  Daddy said that he told him if I would go talk to him and his wife I had the job.  So I talked to him, and he informed me that they had already hired someone else the day before. If I had been two days earlier I would have had the job.  I am so glad that I was late!  I don't think he quite understood why I was so happy not to get the job.  I was worried that I was going to be forced into moving and I didn't want that.  I am just as excited as I can be!

Also, we are traveling to Pensacola, FL tomorrow.  I lived there until I was almost 13.  I still have a good bit of family there and one of my cousins is getting married.  I am excited about the trip.

I will post when we get back!

MJC

Glad it worked out about the job!  The trip to FL sounds great....have fun!

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
mississippi_jesus_chic

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2007, 11:31:22 PM »

We had a good time in Florida, and I DID wear my seatbelt (partially because I drove part of the way Smiley ) My little sister fusses about me nagging at her to wear her seatbelt when she rides with me.  She'll be okay, better safe than sorry!  The wedding went great and I was greeted warmly when I got back to work 15 minutes late this afternoon, so everything worked out fine!

MJC

Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.     Joshua 1:9
Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2007, 01:08:06 AM »

We had a good time in Florida, and I DID wear my seatbelt (partially because I drove part of the way Smiley ) My little sister fusses about me nagging at her to wear her seatbelt when she rides with me.  She'll be okay, better safe than sorry!  The wedding went great and I was greeted warmly when I got back to work 15 minutes late this afternoon, so everything worked out fine!

MJC

Good to hear you had a great time.  Yes, wear those seatbelts!  Smiley

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2007, 10:18:37 AM »

It's good to see you back safe and sound. I have a daughter that is 21 that does the same with me on the seat belts. I make her wear one anyway.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2007, 04:50:50 PM »

Welcome Back MJC!

We're glad to hear that you're home and had a nice trip. It's really good for friends and family to nag each other about wearing seatbelts. In my 25 years of police work, I can't count the number of people who probably would have died if they weren't wearing their seat belt.

One of my dear friends, age 76, was in a horrible accident this week, and his seatbelt saved his life. He was treated and tested at the hospital several hours and sent home to rest for a couple of days. His truck was a mangled mess. He's a sweet Christian who has given me encouragement many times, and I give thanks that he's still with us.

I'll get off of my seatbelt soapbox now and end by saying that it's a matter of love to make everyone in your car wear seatbelts.

mississippi_jesus_chic

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2007, 10:01:08 PM »

Just keep in mind that the seatbelt isn't what saved your friend, the Lord just wasn't ready for him yet.  Its amazing how you can see these horrible wrecks that don't even leave scratches on people, but sometimes people lose their lives in little more than fender benders.  God is in control no matter what!

MJC

Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.     Joshua 1:9
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2007, 10:06:36 PM »

Just keep in mind that the seatbelt isn't what saved your friend, the Lord just wasn't ready for him yet.  Its amazing how you can see these horrible wrecks that don't even leave scratches on people, but sometimes people lose their lives in little more than fender benders.  God is in control no matter what!

MJC

AMEN!!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2007, 10:08:40 PM »

MJC

Amen! Not wearing a seatbelt though could be said to be tempting God.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
mississippi_jesus_chic

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2007, 11:09:34 PM »

I definitely can't disagree with that statement!

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2007, 09:40:55 AM »

Hello MJC,

You are completely right. I did mention giving thanks, but I didn't give GOD any credit in my post. I SHOULD HAVE! It was one of those wrecks where looking at what was left of his truck would make someone believe someone had to die - seatbelt or not. Regardless, my friend would be upset with me for mentioning seatbelts and not GOD. In fact, I'm upset with myself and know that we should never take anything for granted. GOD gives us all good things, and GOD deserves all the Glory and Thanks.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Colossians 1:9-12 NASB
For this reason also, since the day we heard of it, we have not ceased to pray for you and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so that you will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might, for the attaining of all steadfastness and patience; joyously giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints in Light.

mississippi_jesus_chic

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2007, 11:22:40 PM »

I'm glad that God is in control instead of me.  I am a wreck sometimes as it is, I would hate to see how bad off I would be if I was in control of my every move rather than God!  I am thankful that he has and is helping me through some of the issues I have been and still am dealing with.

MJC

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 18, 2007, 08:47:30 PM »

I'm glad that God is in control instead of me.  I am a wreck sometimes as it is, I would hate to see how bad off I would be if I was in control of my every move rather than God!  I am thankful that he has and is helping me through some of the issues I have been and still am dealing with.

MJC

Amen MJC!

Well said Sister! It is a good thing to trust GOD with all things in your life, regardless of how small or big they are. Our GOD is the ALMIGHTY and there's nothing too big for HIM to handle.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the