Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:16:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286777 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Please pray for me again...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Please pray for me again...  (Read 17223 times)
Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2007, 12:54:10 AM »

Well, I really don't think that this is an option at the time. 

MJC

MJC, if the doctor didn't find anything wrong with you and this attack was stress related....well, your body can only take so much stress and will find it's own way to protect itself by "shutting down".  So this is why I am hoping you will try to reduce your stress levels somewhat.  I realize all of us have some stresses in life, but overdoing it is definitely not healthy.  Most people do not know something like this can happen, but it can, if the body is getting too many stress hormones going off all of the time.
God bless.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 12:56:22 AM by Debp » Logged

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
mississippi_jesus_chic

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2007, 10:36:02 PM »

I am trying to just trust God.  I still haven't gotten a chance to just sit down and talk to my pastor.  We are going to talk tomorrow.  I know that he's doing what he feels the Lord wants him to do.  I would rather him do God's will than be here just to keep me happy.  I still don't like the idea of him leaving, but its not for me to like.  I just have to get used to it.  It'll all work our however its meant to.  Thank you for your continued prayer.

MJC

Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.     Joshua 1:9
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2007, 11:09:32 PM »

Sister you will find when you trust God 100% in everything, you will feel better.  Yes theres everyday things in life, you will have to deal with. Follow how God leads you and everything will turn out right.

1 Peter 5:7 Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully.

Yes I will continue to pray for you.

Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2007, 01:25:30 AM »

Sister you will find when you trust God 100% in everything, you will feel better.  Yes theres everyday things in life, you will have to deal with. Follow how God leads you and everything will turn out right.

1 Peter 5:7 Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully.

Yes I will continue to pray for you.

Yes, I believe this, too.  But we are also told to take care of our bodies, the temple of the Holy Spirit. 

I also just bought a truck from my grandpa.  I am working every hour I can get right now to pay for it and the insurance.  Insurance for a 16 year old is not cheap!!!  The boy I used to work with quit so I am taking up my hours and his too.  I also need the money so I can get some tires, and the transmission serviced and a few other things.  And school started back Monday.  I can't stand it.  I am not going to quit or anything, but I just can't stand it.

MJC

MJC, can your grandpa give you smaller payments to make?  I am concerned about you working too many hours with school starting, too.  God bless and guide you.

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
mississippi_jesus_chic

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2007, 11:00:09 PM »

Well, my dad just bought him a vehicle too, so when he took out the loan he got the extra money for my truck too.  Now I am paying my dad back.  I don't know about the work situation.  I think I will be able to handle it.  If I can't I reckon I will have to cut back some.  They are going to let me take off on Wednesdays so that I can go to church.  And we are closed on Sundays so that will help some.  My boss will find out tomorrow if the woman can buy the store.  If so, it will probably all happen within the next month.  The lady that wants it is married to my grandpa's first cousin.  They live like a quarter of a mile from me.  I don't have anything against them but things just won't be the same.  And Sunday morning is going to be Bro. John's last service.  I reckon I am just in a rut right now.  Is it possible to be in a spiritual rut?  I don't know what I'm talking about...it'll all work out sooner or later.

Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.     Joshua 1:9
Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2007, 02:14:45 AM »

I reckon I am just in a rut right now.  Is it possible to be in a spiritual rut?  I don't know what I'm talking about...it'll all work out sooner or later.

I think everyone goes through a time of spiritual dryness at some time or another.  InterVarsity Press has a good little booklet called Spiritual Dryness....maybe your Christian bookstore carries it.  And, yes, the Lord does work it all out.  Smiley

Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2007, 10:33:09 PM »

The best way to get out of a spiritual rut is to praise the Lord and to Thank Him for the very day He gives you and the opportunity of that day to live for Him..
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2007, 10:41:33 PM »

Amen! As David said from the time we rise to the time we lay down, Praise His wonderful name.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
mississippi_jesus_chic

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2007, 11:08:24 PM »

I went to church tonight.  Everything went well but I still can't believe that we only have one more service with Bro. John.  I am really going to miss him and his family.  My boss never heard anything from the woman he is planning to sell to.And I gained a little more debt today.  I had saved up just enough money over the past two weeks to get the transmission in my truck service.  Then next week I was going to try to get a muffler.  Well, today my dad took it and got the transmission serviced and when they backed it up off of the lift at the mechanic shop the muffler fell off!  So now I owe my dad almost two hundred more dollars plus my truck payment at the begginning of the month, and my insurance, and I owe someone else 100 dollars!  I know that God will help me through it though.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2007, 11:23:59 PM »

Welcome to the adult world of bills, sister. I know that it is tough and it may seem unbearable but as you said God will get you through it. Both of my sons have been going through similar situations. The oldest one is finally getting a handle on things but the younger one is only about three years older than you. I just had a talk with him tonight about his finances and showed him that things are not as bleak looking as they seem. Believe me when I say that they aren't and that things will brighten up for you.

I will be keeping you in prayer daily.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2007, 11:28:29 PM »

I will keep you in my prayers as well sister.  Speaking of which, I felt a urge to pray for you last night for comfort.  I don't have any idea why, but I did as I was lead by Christ.

mississippi_jesus_chic

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2007, 09:47:14 PM »

I will keep you in my prayers as well sister.  Speaking of which, I felt a urge to pray for you last night for comfort.  I don't have any idea why, but I did as I was lead by Christ.

hmmm....that would have been Tuesday night.  I don't know what was going on.  I have been pretty down all week though.  I am really sad that my preacher is leaving. Tomorrow morning is the end of the line.

It doesn't look like my bosses are going to sell after all; not to the same woman anyhow.  It looks like they won't lend her the money to buy it.  Whici for me is great, but maybe not so much for my boss.  He seems pretty confident that God led him to buy the store and God isn't ready for him to get out of the business yet, so hes pretty well okay with it. 

Speaking of my boss, one of their twin daughters has got to have tubes put in her ears, so please pray for her too.

Thank you all.

MJC

chommel

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2007, 01:57:22 PM »

Dear Mississippi,

Find comfort in God's Word! 
Psalm 27:10
Though my father and mother forsake me, the LORD will receive me.

When we don't feel closed to God, someone has moved, but it isn't God!   Grin

Some resources that have blessed me tremendously:
www.biblegateway.org (search for any bible verse!)

May these bless you as well!

We all go through periods when we are "on the mountain" or "in the valley."  Try to be consistent in your relationship with God... He is always consistent with us!  His love to you!
c
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 02:50:21 PM by Pastor Roger » Logged
mississippi_jesus_chic

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2007, 10:36:49 PM »

Thank you for that.  I use that website some when I am preparing my lesson for my Wednesday night class.  I try to find simpler translations of some verses every now and then.

I have not been online much lately.  I have been so busy.  Now that school has started back I never have much time for anything.  I go to school all day and then I go to work.  I am getting 26-30 hours a week even while going to school.  I have just about got it all worked out though.  Now my bills are finally in order.  I've got a truck payment at the beginning of the month.  Then insurance falls somewhere in the middle, and any repairs I need can kind of work around that. 

I am kind of in the middle of a decision making process now.  I have been working where I am at right now for a year and two months.  In the past month I have had three job offers.  One from a NAPA dealer nearby, one from the gas station my mom works at, and one from another gas station about 6 mile from the house.  I found out about the last one today.  The owner talked to my dad.  I really didn't consider the other two because they are about 13 miles away in a nearby town, but this one is close to home and I would actually be making more money that I am right now.  I don't really want to move because I love it where I am and my bosses have been so wonderful to me.  I want to stay loyal to them.  They were the ones who went out on a limb for me by hiring a 15 year old girl they hardly knew.  I don't want to leave them.  There are a few other reasons too.  I think my dad wants me to move though.  He doesn't care much for my current employers.  I am worried that he will try to make me move or make me feel bad about not moving.  I am just trying to make the right decision.  I could use a little prayer in that situation.

I also have a praise report.  Sunday before last my eleven year old sister got saved.  And my dad has gotten back in church.  That is two answered prayers.  I am really excited about that!

Thank you all.  You have been so wonderful to me since I came on here.

MJC

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2007, 11:17:53 PM »

Praise God that is great news on your Dad and sister.

I will be in prayer for you on the job situation. That is a difficult decision to make but I am sure that God will lead you in the right direction.

Thank you all.  You have been so wonderful to me since I came on here.

It's been a real pleasure to have you here and I hope that you continue posting here as time permits.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the