Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:22:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Please pray for me again...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Please pray for me again...  (Read 17262 times)
Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2007, 10:28:18 PM »

Something went wrong with my last post.  The whole thing was not a quote.  I added some of that to what Pastor Roger had said.  Anyhow, I am just going to have to let God work it all out for me, that and another problem that has started.  I almost fell out at work Tuesday night.  I ate a piece of pizza and about five minutes later I felt like I was going to be sick and I got really hot and started running a fever and I sat down right before I fell down.  There wasn't anything wrong with the pizza because my boss and his son ate all of it but a couple of pieces.  And I only ate one piece.  Anyhow, I had a really high fever and I got dizzy and I had a bad headache and my heart felt like it was about to beat out of my chest.  Mr. Marshall was just about to take me to the ER.  After about an hour I stood up and I almost hit the floor.  It was like my head was heavier than the whole rest of my body.  I started feeling bad around 6:45.  Mr. Marshall (my boss) wouldn't let me drive home until I got over all of that so I didn't get to go home until about 9:00 Tuesday night.  He followed me home then to make sure I got there okay.  Anyhow, he seems to think that it is my sugar but together with a little stress.  And daddy seems to think it's my sugar too.  If anyone has any ideas of what's going on, I am open to them!  I really haven't felt quite right since.  And I've lost almost 3 pounds since Tuesday morning.  It seems like everything is happening to me!  Thanks for your continued prayers.

It is possible that you had a severe anxiety attack since you've been under alot of stress.  But you should go to the doctor and get a checkup...just to make sure that everything is ok.  If the doctor doesn't find anything wrong with you, it might have been from the stress of everything.  If so, try to take things easier in order to let your system have a rest.

Are you a diabetic?  Stress can raise sugar levels, too.

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2007, 10:31:20 PM »

3 pounds is not a lot to be concerned about. A persons weight can vary up or down as much as 5 or 10 pounds every day. There are a lot of things that could cause this problem sister. You have been under a lot of stress lately and that can cause some very real problems. Like DW  said, I suggest that you see a Dr and let him check you out on this.

In the meantime my prayers will be with you.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2007, 10:32:39 PM »

Yes, or lower them which can also give the same symptoms.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
mississippi_jesus_chic

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2007, 10:36:41 PM »

s
It is possible that your sugar levels are off sister.  I would see a doctor, if I was you.  I will keep my prayers going for you, and family members.

I don't know, that's what everyone else seems to think too.   I can't stand going to the doctor though.

It is possible that you had a severe anxiety attack since you've been under alot of stress.  But you should go to the doctor and get a checkup...just to make sure that everything is ok.  If the doctor doesn't find anything wrong with you, it might have been from the stress of everything.  If so, try to take things easier in order to let your system have a rest.

I think that's kind of what Mr. Marshall was saying.  I don't know though.  As far as I know I am not diabetic.  Mr. Marshall said that my sugar had probably dropped because his does the same thing, so I ate a jolly rancher and some crackers and like half of a fudge round.  Everything made me feel sick though.  When I finally got home, I tested my sugar and it was 196.

Last year I passed out and fell in the pond while fishing.  Thank God I wasn't by myself that day.  I would have drowned.  I went to the doctor and the didn't find anything.  They found a very minor heart defect, but they don't think that's what made me pass out.  They said not to worry about it unless it started happening a lot.  But that was a year ago.  

And I forgot to mention that I haven't been able to sleep and I haven't hardly had an apetite for the past week.

Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.     Joshua 1:9
Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2007, 10:43:56 PM »

Dear MJC..

I know it is hard to go through trials and especially that with your family as I have been there...but I have never been alone and you are not either...God never slumbers and He is always with us..It is comforting to know especially when we feel so alone..You are in my prayers and your family...I think it is wise to have a check up with your doctor...
I wish i could just hug you...Thank God for the brethren who are filled with the love of God that extends towards the brethren in times like these...
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2007, 10:47:34 PM »

Sister, I am a diabetic, with your blood sugar at 196, that is diabetic levels.  Please see a doctor sister, I'll be praying for you.

Bob

mississippi_jesus_chic

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2007, 10:51:36 PM »

My dad is diabetic too.  I used his meter to test my sugar.  He has to take to insulin shots a day.  But I didn't think too much of it because I had just eaten, even though I really didn't eat that much.  I really am trying to avoid going to the doctor though.

Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.     Joshua 1:9
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2007, 10:53:10 PM »

Those levels are considered to be what is called pre-diabetes. Unless they go over 200 they don't treat it with insulin shots anymore. If a person suspects low sugar level they should try eating an orange. It is better than candy for it. Sister a Dr does seem to be in order. It is best to get these things early as the treatment is less difficult.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2007, 10:57:37 PM »

My dad is diabetic too. 
Diabetics can pass it from generation, to generation.  I was found passed out, when I was found by a Church member.  Sister, I pray you don't have this happen to you.  Before that happened though, I was normal, no sign of being a diabetic. No I don't take insulin shots though.

By the way, I dislike going to the doctor as well.

mississippi_jesus_chic

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2007, 11:04:57 PM »

You are definitely right about the insulin thing.  My dad was on pills for his diabetes for a couple of years before he started taking insulin.  I reckon I do need to go to the doctor, as much as I don't want to, its probably the best thing for me to do Sad

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2007, 11:11:14 PM »

You are definitely right about the insulin thing.  My dad was on pills for his diabetes for a couple of years before he started taking insulin.  I reckon I do need to go to the doctor, as much as I don't want to, its probably the best thing for me to do Sad
Thank you sister, I'll be praying that you can control it like I do mine, through diet.

Edited to add;  I should said; if you have diabetes being able to control it through diet.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 11:25:15 PM by DreamWeaver » Logged

Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2007, 07:57:05 PM »

You are definitely right about the insulin thing.  My dad was on pills for his diabetes for a couple of years before he started taking insulin.  I reckon I do need to go to the doctor, as much as I don't want to, its probably the best thing for me to do Sad

I don't like going to doctors either.  Smiley

My mom was found to be diabetic about a year and a half ago (after we were almost mugged by two men).  At first her blood sugar fasting level (after sleeping all night and taking the blood sample in the a.m.) was low 200s.  She started on 3 Glyberide pills a day.  Now she is down to one pill a day and her blood sugar levels are great!

I mentioned a  possible anxiety attack because you mentioned your heart pounding like crazy, you being dizzy, hot, and your head felt heavy.  If your doctor does not find anything wrong with you, stop drinking caffeine, no sodas (too much sugar affects a stressed nervous system) and eliminate chocolate (the chocolate, at least until you are feeling better  Smiley ).  And, please try to reduce your stress levels.....try to get some relaxation.  I know you've been going through alot with your family and job situation.

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
mississippi_jesus_chic

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2007, 11:43:14 PM »

And, please try to reduce your stress levels.....try to get some relaxation.  I know you've been going through alot with your family and job situation.

Well, I really don't think that this is an option at the time.  I found out Tuesday morning that my preacher is leaving.  Next Sunday morning is his last service.  He is moving to a church about 40-50 miles away I think.  He said that it wasn't anything that happened here, but he felt like God was just leading him elsewhere.  I understand and I don't hold it against him or anything.  But this is just one more thing.  I also just bought a truck from my grandpa.  I am working every hour I can get right now to pay for it and the insurance.  Insurance for a 16 year old is not cheap!!!  The boy I used to work with quit so I am taking up my hours and his too.  I also need the money so I can get some tires, and the transmission serviced and a few other things.  And school started back Monday.  I can't stand it.  I am not going to quit or anything, but I just can't stand it.  The only class I really like is Chemistry and my computer class.  Please just keep me in your prayers.  It seems like a soap opera.  Every time I post its something else!  Thank you all so much!

MJC

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2007, 11:57:24 PM »

Sister you are in my prayers, I will keep praying for you.

Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2007, 12:36:08 AM »

Don't lose heart...If there is anything i can testify to is that God answers prayer at the right time...I know it can be so hard to be in a situation and to wait on the Lord...but it is best for He brings the best in everything...and it all comes to the good...You are in my prayers....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the