Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:05:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Please pray for me again...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Please pray for me again...  (Read 17258 times)
mississippi_jesus_chic

View Profile
« on: July 27, 2007, 10:48:59 PM »

Hello.  I haven't posted much lately.  I have been a wreck the past few weeks.  Just up and down and out and everything.  I had been doing a little better since school got out, but now its almost time to go back.  I still feel like I am drifting away from the Lord.  I cannot figure it out.  I think I may have let my pride get the best of me.  Maybe I have gotten too full of myself.  I don't know. 

I also work with my mom and there are a lot of issues at work too.  My mom and our boss don't get along the best in the world.  I, on the other hand, love my boss to death.  He is really the only person that I talk to about anything; he treats me like his own children.  Anyhow, him and my mom are always aggrivated with one another and I hear it from both sides.  When I get home all I hear about is how he made her mad.  And when I am at work sometimes I hear about stuff that she was suppose to have done that she didn't do.  I am tired of being caught up in the middle. 

The next thing is that my entire family has gotten out of church.  I don't think my dad has stepped foot inside of a church in 6 months.  That really scares me.  I have never seen either one of my parents on fire for the Lord.  And what makes it so hard for me is that I can't seem to witness to them.  I don't know why, but I just can't.  I don't even know where to start.  I think you would just have to know my family to understand. 

The last thing that is just killing me inside is that my boss, who I love like a father, and who is probably about my best friend and the only person that I can talk to is about to sell the store where I work.  He and his wife are selling out to one of my grandpa's cousins.  (Its a very small community!)  I am going to miss them so much.  I have had an extra family for the past year, and now I am losing it.  I won't ever see them anymore.  He keeps telling me that I can call him anytime I need to, and that he will be coming in all of the time.  It just won't be the same.  I couldn't make it without them.  I can't keep going the way I am going without someone to turn to and to lean on.  I can't make it on my own.  I know that God is with me all of the time, but I know that he sent me to these people to help me and them.  I just don't understand why He is taking that away.

So now I am fixing to have to go back to school, for another year, and be super stress out all of the time because I am overloaded, and I am losing the  people who helps me get through it all.  And on top of all of that, one of my horses is down!

Y'all please pray for me.  I am just a huge mess.

Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.     Joshua 1:9
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 11:03:19 PM »

I just don't understand why He is taking that away.

Perhaps it is because it is time to rely completely on Him and not on the people that are around you??

People come and go but He is with us at all times. Sister, my prayers are with you and will stay with you. Stay strong in the Lord and He will see you through it all.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
mississippi_jesus_chic

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 11:10:00 PM »

maybe so.

thanks for the prayers.

Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.     Joshua 1:9
Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2007, 01:39:39 AM »

Hello.  I haven't posted much lately.  I have been a wreck the past few weeks.  Just up and down and out and everything.  I had been doing a little better since school got out, but now its almost time to go back.  I still feel like I am drifting away from the Lord.  I cannot figure it out.  I think I may have let my pride get the best of me.  Maybe I have gotten too full of myself.  I don't know. 

I also work with my mom and there are a lot of issues at work too.  My mom and our boss don't get along the best in the world.  I, on the other hand, love my boss to death.  He is really the only person that I talk to about anything; he treats me like his own children.  Anyhow, him and my mom are always aggrivated with one another and I hear it from both sides.  When I get home all I hear about is how he made her mad.  And when I am at work sometimes I hear about stuff that she was suppose to have done that she didn't do.  I am tired of being caught up in the middle. 

The next thing is that my entire family has gotten out of church.  I don't think my dad has stepped foot inside of a church in 6 months.  That really scares me.  I have never seen either one of my parents on fire for the Lord.  And what makes it so hard for me is that I can't seem to witness to them.  I don't know why, but I just can't.  I don't even know where to start.  I think you would just have to know my family to understand. 

The last thing that is just killing me inside is that my boss, who I love like a father, and who is probably about my best friend and the only person that I can talk to is about to sell the store where I work.  He and his wife are selling out to one of my grandpa's cousins.  (Its a very small community!)  I am going to miss them so much.  I have had an extra family for the past year, and now I am losing it.  I won't ever see them anymore.  He keeps telling me that I can call him anytime I need to, and that he will be coming in all of the time.  It just won't be the same.  I couldn't make it without them.  I can't keep going the way I am going without someone to turn to and to lean on.  I can't make it on my own.  I know that God is with me all of the time, but I know that he sent me to these people to help me and them.  I just don't understand why He is taking that away.

So now I am fixing to have to go back to school, for another year, and be super stress out all of the time because I am overloaded, and I am losing the  people who helps me get through it all.  And on top of all of that, one of my horses is down!

Y'all please pray for me.  I am just a huge mess.

Hi mjc, we have missed seeing you here.

What comes to me is that you should just concentrate on your walk with the Lord day by day.  Leave everyone else and everything else in the Hands of God....He is omnipresent and omnipotent and well able to handle them all.  Once your own walk with the Lord is alright, you will be led if you need to say anything to your family or others.

If your dad has ever trusted Christ as his Savior, the Holy Spirit is still working in his heart and will lead him.  Hopefully, he will find a church that he feels is right for him.

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2007, 03:32:37 AM »

I know it can be hard to go through trials..I use to wonder why I had to face so many of them and there were times I thought I could not make it..I remember being a new christian and faced trials by doing it my way until I came to the knowledge how each trial made me more dependant on Him instead of on me...This is the biggest lesson I learned in my walk...to trust Him no matter what...because I grow with each one as you will and one day when you are mature in the Lord..you will thank Him for every trial you face for you will become dependant on Him and know in every situation you face...God is in control especially in control of what you never can be in control of...If there is one thing I can tell you..He loves you and He knows how you hurt and he alone knows how to comfort you...May you be comforted this very hour and rest in His love for you knowing you can put complete trust in Him in all that you face...
mississippi_jesus_chic

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2007, 02:13:50 AM »

Hi mjc, we have missed seeing you here.

What comes to me is that you should just concentrate on your walk with the Lord day by day.  Leave everyone else and everything else in the Hands of God....He is omnipresent and omnipotent and well able to handle them all.  Once your own walk with the Lord is alright, you will be led if you need to say anything to your family or others.

If your dad has ever trusted Christ as his Savior, the Holy Spirit is still working in his heart and will lead him.  Hopefully, he will find a church that he feels is right for him.

One thing that is really bothering me about my dad is that I know that the only way I am going to get him back into church is to move to a different church.  He is disabled, he broke his back years ago, and someone was talking about how he didn't have any reason not to be working.  Daddy overheard this conversation between two of our "deacons".  The other one actually stood up for my dad.  But, it doesn't matter.  He got all mad and decided that he wasn't going to go to church any more.  He didn't even talk to the guy about it.  When you have conflicts you are suppose to talk about it and work it out.  This happened several months ago and to this day that man still doesn't even know that my dad heard what he said.  I feel like the Lord had brought us to this church for a reason, but now, the only way daddy is going to go back is if we go somewhere else.  The same thing would probably happen elsewhere too though.  I just don't have a clue where to start.  And my horse died. 

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2007, 10:02:45 AM »

I'm really sorry to hear about your horse. As for your Dad, this can be a difficult situation for anyone. Are you able to discuss the Bible with your Dad? If so perhaps you could ask him about Mat 18:15. Not in a manner that is judgmental nor in a way that purposefully connects it to this incident that you speak of.

How serious is your Dad's injury? Does it cause him severe pain to sit in an upright position for very long? Does it cause him problems to travel to church? Has people from the church come to visit him?

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2007, 06:13:39 PM »

Hi MJC, yes I'll be praying for y'all, and for your dad. Be strong in the Lord and remember that you are not alone in your struggles, Jesus is with you.

Sorry I missed this yesterday, when I was on.

Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2007, 06:43:51 PM »

One thing that is really bothering me about my dad is that I know that the only way I am going to get him back into church is to move to a different church.  He is disabled, he broke his back years ago, and someone was talking about how he didn't have any reason not to be working.  Daddy overheard this conversation between two of our "deacons".  The other one actually stood up for my dad.  But, it doesn't matter.  He got all mad and decided that he wasn't going to go to church any more.  He didn't even talk to the guy about it.  When you have conflicts you are suppose to talk about it and work it out.  This happened several months ago and to this day that man still doesn't even know that my dad heard what he said.  I feel like the Lord had brought us to this church for a reason, but now, the only way daddy is going to go back is if we go somewhere else.  The same thing would probably happen elsewhere too though.  I just don't have a clue where to start.  And my horse died. 

I'm very sorry to hear about your horse, too.  Try to remember the happy times you had with her or him.

I'm also very sorry to hear about the incident that caused your dad to leave church.  This is why all of us should be careful not to gossip.  I'm sorry that your dad got mad about it, instead of forgiving the deacon.  Hopefully, your dad will realize in his heart that forgiveness is always best, like Jesus taught us.....if possible, maybe you can suggest he go and talk the matter over with the deacon and tell him how much it hurt him (your dad)?

Also, like Pastor Roger, asked....has anyone from that church visited your dad?  Or have they asked you why your dad stopped coming?

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
mississippi_jesus_chic

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2007, 12:04:19 AM »

I really don't like discussing the Bible with him because it always ends up talking about how the Bible that we have isn't what was actually written but a translation and its not exact and a whole other line of stuff.  That same deacon and our pastor have come over a couple of times I think while I was at work.  Everybody asks me, "What's happened to your family?" or "Where has everyone else been lately?"  I don't really know what to tell them. 

As far as his injury goes, I really don't know.  You can never know how someone else hurts.  He has his good days and his bad days.  When he would go to church before it usually depended on what kind of night he had Saturday night.  Some nights, when he does too much during the day he cramps up real bad and gets really bad muscle spasms.  That is understandable.  He has said that he doesn't want to go to church there anymore.  I think the devli is attacking my family.  I am trying to stay strong.  I just don't exactly know how.  thank you for praying for us.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2007, 12:16:03 AM »

Everybody asks me, "What's happened to your family?" or "Where has everyone else been lately?"  I don't really know what to tell them.

I am a rather blunt individual and would have told them the truth of the matter although I would do so in loving, pastoral sort of way. Don't get me wrong, I am not suggesting that you do that. That sort of method does not work for everyone and can get a lot more problems stirred up because of it.

Yes, the devil is working hard in our churches and effecting the lives of Christians.

I will be praying for you and your family in this as well as for your Dad's health.

mississippi_jesus_chic

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2007, 08:12:06 AM »

I am a rather blunt individual and would have told them the truth of the matter although I would do so in loving, pastoral sort of way. Don't get me wrong, I am not suggesting that you do that. That sort of method does not work for everyone and can get a lot more problems stirred up because of it.

Yes, the devil is working hard in our churches and effecting the lives of Christians.

I would love to just tell that person that he is the reason.  Part of the reason I don't is because, as you said, it would cause trouble.  Secondly, I really don't think that a situation like that is a good excuse to stop going to church.  I would just go and act like nothing ever happened, even though that's not exactly the right thing to do either.

Thank you for your continued prayers.

I will be praying for you and your family in this as well as for your Dad's health.

Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2007, 09:29:45 PM »

I also believe in telling the truth about what happened...but like Pastor Roger says, one must do it lovingly and in order to explain what happened.  You must feel led to do this, of course.

I'm sorry your dad is having such a battle with his faith.

mississippi_jesus_chic

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2007, 10:18:22 PM »

Something went wrong with my last post.  The whole thing was not a quote.  I added some of that to what Pastor Roger had said.  Anyhow, I am just going to have to let God work it all out for me, that and another problem that has started.  I almost fell out at work Tuesday night.  I ate a piece of pizza and about five minutes later I felt like I was going to be sick and I got really hot and started running a fever and I sat down right before I fell down.  There wasn't anything wrong with the pizza because my boss and his son ate all of it but a couple of pieces.  And I only ate one piece.  Anyhow, I had a really high fever and I got dizzy and I had a bad headache and my heart felt like it was about to beat out of my chest.  Mr. Marshall was just about to take me to the ER.  After about an hour I stood up and I almost hit the floor.  It was like my head was heavier than the whole rest of my body.  I started feeling bad around 6:45.  Mr. Marshall (my boss) wouldn't let me drive home until I got over all of that so I didn't get to go home until about 9:00 Tuesday night.  He followed me home then to make sure I got there okay.  Anyhow, he seems to think that it is my sugar but together with a little stress.  And daddy seems to think it's my sugar too.  If anyone has any ideas of what's going on, I am open to them!  I really haven't felt quite right since.  And I've lost almost 3 pounds since Tuesday morning.  It seems like everything is happening to me!  Thanks for your continued prayers.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2007, 10:23:14 PM »

It is possible that your sugar levels are off sister.  I would see a doctor, if I was you.  I will keep my prayers going for you, and family members.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the