Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 04:37:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  Questions, help, suggestions, and bug reports (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Ads by Google?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ads by Google?  (Read 10068 times)
ibTina
Gold Member

Keep your eyes on JESUS!

View Profile WWW
« on: July 24, 2007, 09:40:33 AM »

Today I just noticed that over there to the left side where the Menu/index is located for the ChristiansUnite, there is place for "Ads by Google" and one Ad that pops up is for a site called "Book of Mormon Christians"  Ummm I guess my question is this: Do the people who run this site have any say in what Ads can be placed? I am a little 'thrown back" by this.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 09:52:48 AM »

Ads by Google are controlled by Google not by the Admin of this site. Whether or not Admin has controll whether Google ads are on the site or not you would have to ask Admin.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 08:41:11 PM »

I noticed that when you see a ad on a any given page, it will show ads that have to do with anything on that page.

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 03:07:45 AM »

Hello Brother David,

I think that you're completely right, at least in my experience with Google Ads. The same thing happens when you do a Google Search or have Google email. I think that they have almost everything categorized, and they try to match the adds for the wishes of the consumer.

As an example, nearly all of my email is Christian, so the Google Ads at my mail site are of a religious nature. This is really smart advertising, and they are also less likely to make the consumer angry. In fact, the consumer might find some of the advertising helpful. However, they just get in the general area of interest, and I think their mainframes just do the ads by category.

You will also get Google Ads when you do a search, and the ads will most commonly be related to your search pretty closely. If you're looking for a specific item to purchase, there's even a good chance that you might buy from the Google Advertiser. I'm sure that their massive system makes mistakes from time to time, but I've read that they don't want to make anyone mad, and they want to be viewed as a friendly service. I use their free email services, and I think it's probably the best. When I go to my main mail site, the advertisements do match the content of most of my mail.

You can also make special settings on searches and other Google services that will exclude nearly all of the bad stuff. So Google would be a great place to have an email account for one of your children. I understand that similar settings are available on all of their services. I know that they aren't 100% right all the time, but I've also heard that they work with their customers and try the best they can to eliminate things their customers don't approve of.

I can't remember the specifics, but there are also examples of improper actions on their part, even after it's brought to their attention. At this point, I'll simply say that I've gotten outstanding and free services from them that I'm happy with. I used to put up with all kinds of spam filth and garbage in an email account with another provider. Google completely ended my spam problems almost immediately, and I only have new spam problems once. I report it once and the spam is GONE.

Love In Christ,
Tom

David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 09:12:10 AM »

Really? Maybe I will switch from yahoo. I get so much garbage, I don't open unless I know 100% what it is or who it is from.

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 03:50:35 PM »

Really? Maybe I will switch from yahoo. I get so much garbage, I don't open unless I know 100% what it is or who it is from.

Hello Brother David,

I'll send you an invitation for Gmail. It will have a quick link you can use for easy and fast sign up. Another thing that I like about Gmail is you can get your mail imported into your computer with nearly any email program. In other words, you don't have to go sign into a web site to get your mail unless you want to. They also give you 2 gig of storage space free. Everything is free and there are no strings attached. It certainly won't cost you anything to try it except some time.

I used my import address book function when I signed up, and that gives them a starting point to know what isn't SPAM for you. They keep what they consider SPAM in your account on their server. You just need to check it from time to time. It's in a separate folder on the Google server named SPAM. If they put something in the SPAM folder that isn't SPAM, you just click "Not Spam" and it adds it to your allowed mail. If you click that it is SPAM, it's deleted and you'll never see it in your "IN" folder. When you import your mail into a regular email program on your computer, you simply get the "IN" folder, so you never see or have to mess with SPAM. It works great.

You can also leave copies of all your mail on Google if you want to. After all, you have 2 gig of storage space. OR, you can archive just mail that you select. Whatever you leave on the Google server can be searched  quickly with Google's famous search functions. I'll try to go right now and send you an invitation.

Love In Christ,
Tom

KEEP LOOKING UP!!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the