Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:44:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Muslims need love, not condemnation following UK attacks
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Muslims need love, not condemnation following UK attacks  (Read 885 times)
Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« on: July 20, 2007, 08:35:43 PM »

United Kingdom (Mission Network News) -- At least eight people have been arrested over a suspected al Qaeda plot to detonate three car bombs in London and Scotland in the last few days. This heightens the tensions between Muslims and the rest of the world. It's something Jack Shiflett of the Association of Baptist for World Evangelism is concerned about.

Shiflett is concerned that Christians will get caught up in the tensions. "The believer has to develop a Great Commission mindset and ask the question, 'what is God doing in the world?' because after all we are a part of a Kingdom that is much greater than our own country. The church has to address, what is God doing [and] how can we contribute to that."

According to Shiflett, while radical Islam is making the news every day, God is doing an incredible work. "Today with all of the radical Islam going on around the world, there are more Muslims coming to Christ than in any time in the history of Christian missions, especially in Europe. Afghans are coming to Christ in great numbers [and] so are Iranians."

He believes it's because these nations were ruled by radical Muslim regimes. "Those people in the exterior are asking the question, 'If this is Islam, I don't want anything to do with it.' Consequently, churches are being formed. I think Christians have to take hope and pray for their missionaries and send missionaries, rather than saying, 'let's try to shut them out -- let's make policy, let's hate them.'"

While many today are talking about curtailing Immigration, Shiflett believes God uses it. "You can't stop that. That's a God thing. Where He moves people about it's always been that God has something in mind for the Gospel. He is sovereign in these things. And, rather than being concerned that some of our culture may change, we need to engage these people as an opportunity to love them and share Christ with them."

ABWE is planting churches among Muslim background believers in Europe. Shiflett's prayer is simple. "It may be that in the grace of God that a former Muslim who would know no fear, who comes to know Christ, might be able to provoke some of secular Europe to turn to Christ as they see someone who's not of their culture, but who is totally in love with Christ, because Europeans today don't know who Jesus is."

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 09:12:01 PM »

United Kingdom (Mission Network News) -- At least eight people have been arrested over a suspected al Qaeda plot to detonate three car bombs in London and Scotland in the last few days. This heightens the tensions between Muslims and the rest of the world. It's something Jack Shiflett of the Association of Baptist for World Evangelism is concerned about.

Shiflett is concerned that Christians will get caught up in the tensions. "The believer has to develop a Great Commission mindset and ask the question, 'what is God doing in the world?' because after all we are a part of a Kingdom that is much greater than our own country. The church has to address, what is God doing [and] how can we contribute to that."

According to Shiflett, while radical Islam is making the news every day, God is doing an incredible work. "Today with all of the radical Islam going on around the world, there are more Muslims coming to Christ than in any time in the history of Christian missions, especially in Europe. Afghans are coming to Christ in great numbers [and] so are Iranians."

Amen.

He believes it's because these nations were ruled by radical Muslim regimes. "Those people in the exterior are asking the question, 'If this is Islam, I don't want anything to do with it.' Consequently, churches are being formed. I think Christians have to take hope and pray for their missionaries and send missionaries, rather than saying, 'let's try to shut them out -- let's make policy, let's hate them.'"

While many today are talking about curtailing Immigration, Shiflett believes God uses it. "You can't stop that. That's a God thing. Where He moves people about it's always been that God has something in mind for the Gospel. He is sovereign in these things. And, rather than being concerned that some of our culture may change, we need to engage these people as an opportunity to love them and share Christ with them."

ABWE is planting churches among Muslim background believers in Europe. Shiflett's prayer is simple. "It may be that in the grace of God that a former Muslim who would know no fear, who comes to know Christ, might be able to provoke some of secular Europe to turn to Christ as they see someone who's not of their culture, but who is totally in love with Christ, because Europeans today don't know who Jesus is."

While I concur wholeheartedly on showing the love of Jesus Christ to the Muslims I cannot agree with the concept of immigration that this article speaks on. That would simply be lunacy.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 02:02:23 AM »

While I concur wholeheartedly on showing the love of Jesus Christ to the Muslims I cannot agree with the concept of immigration that this article speaks on. That would simply be lunacy.

Yes, I guess a limited immigration policy is best (God only knows what will actually happen).  If too many Muslims would come here, they would most likely be under the same fear and oppression that they experience in their own countries (about trusting Christ as their Savior).

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 09:37:21 AM »

I concur.  We must remember that though we are no longer of this world we are in this world.  And opening the door in this world is opening the door for Satan.  Yes God moves His people, but Satan also moves people and uses them.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the