Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:31:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Television (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Secret Agent with Patrick McGoohan
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Secret Agent with Patrick McGoohan  (Read 9197 times)
Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2007, 11:42:20 PM »

Was anyone else a fan of Patrick McGoohan in the old "Secret Agent" tv series?  I used to watch it faithfully and loved it.  I recently looked up a website about Patrick McGoohan.  It said he was the first actor offered the role of James Bond but he refused it, as it was not the type of character he wished to portray.  (Wouldn't it be great if more actors/actresses would be like this today?)

After the James Bond movies became popular, Patrick McGoohan was offered the role on "Secret Agent".  He insisted the bedroom scene be removed from the first episode.  Also, he said if they wanted him to play the role, there would be no romantic entanglements in any of the scripts!

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 06:37:00 AM »

Secret Agent was a good series. It is too bad that many actors are willing to sacrifice morals for a career and popularity. I thought that Patrick McGoohan was a good actor in all the roles that he played in.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 02:05:25 AM »

Secret Agent was a good series. It is too bad that many actors are willing to sacrifice morals for a career and popularity. I thought that Patrick McGoohan was a good actor in all the roles that he played in.

Yes, I agree.

I remember McGoohan was even in a Colombo murder mystery.  He played the bad guy but it was interesting to see him and Colombo match wits!

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 02:25:15 AM »

Yes, I agree.

I remember McGoohan was even in a Colombo murder mystery.  He played the bad guy but it was interesting to see him and Colombo match wits!

I think that he was in two or three different Colombo episodes.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 07:25:04 PM »

I think that he was in two or three different Colombo episodes.

Oh, I guess I missed them (or else can't remember!)  Cheesy

Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 01:26:18 AM »

Wasn't there a show "The Saint"?..Also I remember a show with 2 secret agents...David McCallum was one of them...but I do not remember the name of the show...Guess I will look it up...
Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007, 02:20:36 AM »

Wasn't there a show "The Saint"?..Also I remember a show with 2 secret agents...David McCallum was one of them...but I do not remember the name of the show...Guess I will look it up...

Yes, there was The Saint with Roger Moore, I think.  I don't remember that one as well.  David McCallum and Robert Vaughn were both in The Man from U.N.C.L.E.....another one of my favorite spy shows as a kid.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007, 03:17:04 AM »

Yes, there was The Saint with Roger Moore, I think.  I don't remember that one as well.  David McCallum and Robert Vaughn were both in The Man from U.N.C.L.E.....another one of my favorite spy shows as a kid.
Yup your right on both Debp.  There was also "The Girl from U.N.C.L.E." (1966- 1967).  Grin Grin

Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2007, 09:46:37 AM »

Thank you...I love the show the Man from U.N.C.L.E.....I can't believe I could not remember the name of the show...I guess it is old age....and today is my birthday and a year older and probably will forget how old I am...
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2007, 11:14:48 AM »

Happy birthday, Maryjane.

Age with all of it's side effects is a gift from God.

Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2007, 07:11:13 PM »

Thank you...I love the show the Man from U.N.C.L.E.....I can't believe I could not remember the name of the show...I guess it is old age....and today is my birthday and a year older and probably will forget how old I am...

Happy, happy birthday to you!  (I just sang this for you.   Smiley )

I also have trouble with my memory at times.....mostly, it's my short term memory that's the problem.  I think it's from the age of overload that we live in today.....just too much stuff these days.  So you are not alone!

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2007, 10:24:35 PM »

I can't believe I could not remember the name of the show...I guess it is old age....and today is my birthday and a year older and probably will forget how old I am...
Happy Birthday Maryjane.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2007, 10:25:57 PM »

Happy birthday, Maryjane.

Age with all of it's side effects is a gift from God.

Since you are older brother, you would know. Wink Cheesy Cheesy

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2007, 11:26:17 PM »

Since you are older brother, you would know. Wink Cheesy Cheesy

Even at your age with all you've been through you should also know.  Wink

Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2007, 11:38:13 PM »

Thank you...I had a wonderful day...everyday is...The Lord gives us each day since we are not promised tomorrow...I finally remembered the show I was thinking of...The Avengers...there was a remake but I loved the original...with Diana Rigg..
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the