Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:23:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Prayer Request
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prayer Request  (Read 9440 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2007, 12:40:07 PM »

Yes, Praise the Lord for some good news.

I will be glad to continue to pray for her in this and her family as well.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2007, 03:42:54 PM »

Thats great to hear brother.  I'll keep my prayers going, for the whole family.

danielleenbody

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2007, 05:58:06 PM »

My prayers as well.
Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2007, 06:04:39 PM »

UPDATE:

Praise the Lord!  Her first chemo treatment reduced the lump in her breast by about half, and caused it to detach itself, which helps the fear of continued spreading.  They're giving her this week off of chemo for healing, but are going to attack it again next Wednesday.  They're starting her on a drug to work on her hormones, as that's where this cancer is most aggressive.  That, coupled with the chemo, they hope will put her into remission.  The spots on her liver they're pretty sure are cancerous, and are waiting for the results from her next chemo treatment to verify.

All in all, she's doing pretty good.  She's going to visit her dad, who, I don't believe is saved.  So pray for her safety and testimony as she spends some time with him trying to make him feel better.  As a dad, I can only imagine what he's feeling, but for her to be doing this speaks of her faith.  Her husband...will be playing Axis and Allies with me and another buddy tonight.  Poor guy.   Grin  This will be a MUCH needed release for him, so keep him in your prayers too.

God is good!  Whether He heals or chooses not to, He is good.  Praise His Name!

His,

Kevin

Good news!  Thanks for letting us know.

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2007, 10:48:38 PM »

Hello Allinall,

Brother Kevin, thanks for the great news and the update. We will all continue to pray for Kathy and her family. You are right about GOD being good to us, regardless of some trials and hard places during this short life. HIS Will for us is perfect. I know that we don't always understand it, but we aren't HOME in HEAVEN yet. I pray that JESUS will come for all of us soon and take us HOME to our REAL HOME in Heaven with HIM. Until then, may GOD give us all the strength, guidance, and courage to do HIS Will until the very last moment.

Love In Christ,
Tom

THANKS BE UNTO GOD FOR HIS UNSPEAKABLE GIFT, JESUS CHRIST, OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR FOREVER!

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2007, 02:55:45 PM »

UPDATE: She's in remission!  She's had surgery, and is ready to start radiation.  She's accepted that this will not be healed.  But isn't God good?  This whole thing's had many at our church thinking.  For me, it's been a harsh reminder of the price of sin: not her's personally mind you, but sin in general.  Sin has cursed us all, and as a result, we die.  We wonder why God would allow this in her life.  I'm reminded that sin's curse touches us all, and that God uses that in our lives so often to give Himself glory.  When weak, we are made strong.  When ignorant, we are made wise.  Mankind brought sin on ourselves from Greatest Grandaddy Adam on down.  We as a local body, have learned much from her on going trial.  Isn't God good?  I'm starting to get it.  I've got along way to go, but I'm beginning to see His goodness when what He gives us doesn't seem so "good." 

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2007, 03:39:40 PM »

Amen Brother Kevin!

Brother, GOD will have much more to tell us and teach us when we get HOME. Facing one's own physical mortality in this short life is a good thing for a Christian. Hopefully, there is a realization for all of us that this short life on earth is like a blink of an eye, and GOD has better things waiting for us in Heaven. The Promises of GOD are beautiful for us to think about every day. This world is NOT our home - we're just passing through. This does not hint that Christians should not consider responsibilities in this short life seriously. We do need to finish our race, finish our course, and finish our fight. Along the way we can know that this is NOT all there is. The pain, tears, and sorrow will end one day, and we will have a Glorified Body like the one JESUS CHRIST has.

Brother Kevin, I'd really like to physically live long enough to see the RAPTURE, but I really know now that it doesn't make any difference - "absent from the body - present with the LORD." However, I still think that the time is growing near. Great hosts of us will still be alive when JESUS catches us up to meet HIM in the clouds, and we will be changed in a "twinkling of an eye". Flesh and blood can't inherit the things that await us, so GOD has provided a way for us. That way is JESUS CHRIST!

Love In Christ,
Tom

1 Corinthians 15:50-58 NASB  Now I say this, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. Behold, I tell you a mystery; we will not all sleep, but we will all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. For this perishable must put on the imperishable, and this mortal must put on immortality. But when this perishable will have put on the imperishable, and this mortal will have put on immortality, then will come about the saying that is written, "DEATH IS SWALLOWED UP in victory. "O DEATH, WHERE IS YOUR VICTORY? O  DEATH, WHERE IS YOUR STING?" The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law; but thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your toil is not in vain in the Lord. He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them,

Revelation 21:4-23 NASB  and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away." And He who sits on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new." And He *said, "Write, for these words are faithful and true." Then He said to me, "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give to the one who thirsts from the spring of the water of life without cost. "He who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be My son. "But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death." Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues came and spoke with me, saying, "Come here, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb." And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the holy city, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, having the glory of God. Her brilliance was like a very costly stone, as a stone of crystal-clear jasper. It had a great and high wall, with twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels; and names were written on them, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the sons of Israel. There were three gates on the east and three gates on the north and three gates on the south and three gates on the west. And the wall of the city had twelve foundation stones, and on them were the twelve names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb. The one who spoke with me had a gold measuring rod to measure the city, and its gates and its wall. The city is laid out as a square, and its length is as great as the width; and he measured the city with the rod, fifteen hundred miles; its length and width and height are equal. And he measured its wall, seventy-two yards, according to human measurements, which are also angelic measurements. The material of the wall was jasper; and the city was pure gold, like clear glass. The foundation stones of the city wall were adorned with every kind of precious stone. The first foundation stone was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, chalcedony; the fourth, emerald; the fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, topaz; the tenth, chrysoprase; the eleventh, jacinth; the twelfth, amethyst. And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; each one of the gates was a single pearl. And the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass.  I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.  And the city has no need of the sun or of the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God has illumined it, and its lamp is the Lamb.

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2007, 12:49:20 PM »

AMEN TOM!  I'm pumped!  I'm like you though, but for a different reason.  I'd love to see the rapture from the down-side looking up.  Namely because I'm scared of dying!   Grin  I mean I'm good with the end destination of Glory, but it's the trip I'm not really looking forward too!  Seriously, like or not, the end is worth the "not."   Smiley  Really makes you think how linearly we think doesn't it?  We worry so much about the moment, without taking eternity into light.  We've got our financial issues, health issues, relationship issues and a bevy of other woes to be bothered by - ALL of which are no more than a fleeting moment.  Moments we spend worrying, rather than telling others of the eternity we've been blessed with experiencing some day.  Sometimes I think the blessed ones are the ones who have one foot on the doorstep of eternity.  Life I think is far more simple and clear at that point.  Just a thought.   Smiley

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
lost1975

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2007, 01:42:05 PM »

I would like to request prayer for forgiveness and deliverance. I am a backslidder and I am trying to find my way back but it just seems so hard at the moment when it feels like you are just comfortable where you are and I know that I shouldn't be getting comfortable in no situation that is of the world so please help me.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2007, 02:26:54 PM »

Hello Brother Kevin,

Nobody likes even the thought of pain, disease, and physical death. This certainly includes Christians, but we have a different REALITY than the lost. I think there would be a certain amount of fear for even the strongest Christian. I would be quick to point out that I'm not anywhere near the strongest Christian, but I can testify to the fact that strength in CHRIST changes everything. Yielding to GOD also changes everything. These are the things that the Bible labels as "That your joy might be more full." These things actually have a positive impact on every facet of this short life. Our personal relationship with CHRIST also changes how we perceive everything around us. I've heard the quote ,"Reality is in the eye of the beholder", many times, and this is a true statement. The resulting question then becomes, "What is reality?" Reality is different for each person, especially Christians.

Brother Kevin, I think you know that I'm not talking about "pie in the sky" intellectual philosophies. I'm talking about Spiritual Riches in CHRIST that are just as REAL as anything we can see and touch. Many lost people will be laughing at this, but they won't be laughing one day. For those who are laughing, human beings do have a Spirit, and it's just as real as the body that we can touch and see. CHRIST and the things of GOD are just as REAL, and I'm sad that so many lost people laugh at these ULTIMATE TRUTHS. As Christians, we feed our Spirits with GOD'S WORD in this short life, and the things of GOD do make our joy more full, regardless of the circumstances we face. We WILL be going HOME one day soon, and this world isn't it! GOD has told us some about HOME, but I'm sure that it will be beyond human imagination.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable GIFT, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour Forever!

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2007, 02:34:48 PM »

I would like to request prayer for forgiveness and deliverance. I am a backslidder and I am trying to find my way back but it just seems so hard at the moment when it feels like you are just comfortable where you are and I know that I shouldn't be getting comfortable in no situation that is of the world so please help me.

Hello lost1975 I see your new here. So welcome to Christians Unite forum.

Yes I will pray for guidance for you to follow the path of Jesus, He wants you to follow.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2007, 02:37:04 PM »

Allinall, brother I will keep my prayers going for Kathy, and the whole family.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2007, 02:46:51 PM »

Hello Lost1975,

WELCOME!

I sincerely hope that you enjoy Christians Unite. I will be praying for you. You say that you're a backslider, so I assume that you are a Christian. You can also pray directly to GOD and ask HIM for forgiveness and guidance.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Ephesians 1:5-8 NASB
He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved. In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace which He lavished on us.

Eva

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2007, 09:57:05 PM »

Lost 1975:

WELCOME!!! I will certainly pray for you. You are like the prodigal son or the lost sheep.

Oh the rejoicing when one of the lost returns.

Luke 15:6  And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbors, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.

Love in Christ, Eva

I can do ALL things through Christ, who strengthens me.
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2007, 08:33:40 AM »

Lost,

No fair!  Eva stole my passage!   Grin  She's right though.   Wink Bro, if you're coming back, you need to realize that God's not standing in the doorway with a list of demands for you before He welcomes you back.  He's on the road, arms open wide, right where He's been waiting.   Smiley  Want to come back?  Tell Him.  Ask His forgiveness for the reasons you left, then...forget the past and press on to the mark of the high calling Jesus has called you to.  I'll pray for you Bro.   Smiley

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the