Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 10:19:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286818 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Prayer Request
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prayer Request  (Read 9528 times)
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« on: July 14, 2007, 02:00:05 PM »

Hey Guys!  Once again, I blow in.  Nice to be able to do so and drop a request.   Smiley  Here's the deal: My wife and I have some good friends from our church that learned a couple of weeks ago the she, Kathy, has breast cancer.  Since that time, it's gone from stage 3-B to 4 in the diagnosis process.  They're checking the results from her PET scan to see if the areas they found are previous injuries, or if the cancer has spread.  If so, the cure is out the "medical" door, and they can only hope for remission.  She's quite the example of trusting in the Lord at this point.  So's her husband, Al.  They just need a whole lot of prayer lifted up on their behalf.  God heals.  And we ask Him for that.  But also, that whatever God's using this trial in their lives for will work.  They have alot of unsaved family that are being touched by this, and by her testimony through it.  They're very willing to follow God down this path, so pray for faithfulness on their part through it.

It breaks your heart.  They just had a little boy about a year ago, and have a 7 year old daughter.  So pray for them too, if you would.  I'll keep everyone up to date as best as I can.

Your prayers are greatly appreciated.  So lift them up in your churches tomorrow, and in your homes tonight.  I've seen God do wonders when His people get together to pray.  He'll work wonders through this, though we might not know exactly what those wonders are until eternity.

His,

Kevin

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 02:46:51 PM »

Amen, brother. She will be on my prayer list.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 03:43:35 PM »

Hello Brother Kevin,

First, it's great to hear from you. I hope that things are going good for you and your family.

I will gladly join you in prayer for Kathy and ask others to do the same.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 01:23:22 AM »

I will also add my prayers for Kathy, and her family.

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 12:14:53 PM »

Hello Brother Kevin,

First, it's great to hear from you. I hope that things are going good for you and your family.

I will gladly join you in prayer for Kathy and ask others to do the same.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Thanks Tom!  I told them Sunday that I'd posted this, and they were very thankful.  As for me, Me and Mine are doing great.  September's coming and our new baby girl with it.   Smiley  Right now, we're just trying to keep our knees uncalloused.  God's giving us alot to pray for others about these days.  That's good, but the empathy part just makes ya wanna cry.  And for a guy, that ain't so cool!   Grin  Anywho...blessed be the name of the Lord.   Smiley

His,

Kevin

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 12:18:55 PM »

I will also add my prayers for Kathy, and her family.

Sweet!  My 3 fav mods are prayin' for them!  That, seriously, is a blessing.  One for which I am personally very grateful.  Thanks Bro!   Smiley  I believe Al said they'd know the results this Wednesday, so I'll keep everyone posted as soon as I hear anything.

His,

Kevin

Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2007, 02:15:50 AM »

Praying for this family, too.

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2007, 05:33:46 AM »

Hello Allinall,

Brother Kevin, CONGRATULATIONS on the new baby. This is such a wonderful time. I will also be praying for the health of your wife and new baby. I'm a grandfather again with a third baby boy, and he's a keeper. He's three months old now, and I think that he's pretty partial to grandpa. He's a happy little guy, and I can get him to laugh just by talking to him. Of course, that might have something to do with me looking funny.   Wink

Love In Christ,
Tom

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2007, 02:02:16 PM »

Praying for this family, too.

Thank you very much.

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2007, 02:03:10 PM »

Hello Allinall,

Brother Kevin, CONGRATULATIONS on the new baby. This is such a wonderful time. I will also be praying for the health of your wife and new baby. I'm a grandfather again with a third baby boy, and he's a keeper. He's three months old now, and I think that he's pretty partial to grandpa. He's a happy little guy, and I can get him to laugh just by talking to him. Of course, that might have something to do with me looking funny.   Wink

Love In Christ,
Tom

That's great Tom!  8 weeks and I'll get to see her...unless she tries coming earlier... Shocked

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2007, 10:23:03 PM »

Well.  What can I say?  Praise the Lord.  Her tests came back.  The cancer has spread to her spine and is in the bone.  There are 2 spots of cancer in her lung, and they now have suspicion of it having reached her liver.  They're waiting for the tests to determine if it's gone that far.  They've taken her off of Chemo, and I'm unsure as to what other things they're planning to do for now.

They're both doing well, but it's hit them very hard.  They're trusting God, but feel very overwhelmed.  Please pray for strength for them both, for rest and comfort through this, and for the healing I've already requested.  We ask God, and sometimes He says no.  We just have to praise Him as much when He says no as when He says yes.

Thanks for your continued prayers on their behalf.   Smiley

His,

Kevin
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 10:25:46 PM by Allinall » Logged

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2007, 10:30:34 PM »

Brother I will keep my prayers going for Kathy and her family.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2007, 10:35:39 PM »

I will continue praying for this young lady and her family as well.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2007, 10:46:01 AM »

Thanks Brothers!  Smiley

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2007, 12:15:32 PM »

UPDATE:

Praise the Lord!  Her first chemo treatment reduced the lump in her breast by about half, and caused it to detach itself, which helps the fear of continued spreading.  They're giving her this week off of chemo for healing, but are going to attack it again next Wednesday.  They're starting her on a drug to work on her hormones, as that's where this cancer is most aggressive.  That, coupled with the chemo, they hope will put her into remission.  The spots on her liver they're pretty sure are cancerous, and are waiting for the results from her next chemo treatment to verify.

All in all, she's doing pretty good.  She's going to visit her dad, who, I don't believe is saved.  So pray for her safety and testimony as she spends some time with him trying to make him feel better.  As a dad, I can only imagine what he's feeling, but for her to be doing this speaks of her faith.  Her husband...will be playing Axis and Allies with me and another buddy tonight.  Poor guy.   Grin  This will be a MUCH needed release for him, so keep him in your prayers too.

God is good!  Whether He heals or chooses not to, He is good.  Praise His Name!

His,

Kevin

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the