Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 11:42:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286800 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Television (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The Next Best Thing
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Next Best Thing  (Read 8458 times)
Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2007, 04:36:48 PM »

I enjoy Jerry Fator...He is great with the puppets and with impressions...it is very hard to know who will win at this point...I watched a video of Britians Got Talent and you have to look up Paul Potts...He is wonderful...made me cry when I heard him sing...and little Connie Talbot, 6 yr old...I think it is wonderful to include such a young child in the finals...she did not win..but she is a joy to hear..

I honestly think the tumblers might win and I hope not because they are not Americans...what can I say..it is a contest for american talent...
Don't you think it is great to have programs like this that a person does not have to watch crime shows all the time...I am hooked now on Singing Bee and Don't Forget the Lyrics..
Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2007, 06:43:08 PM »

I enjoy Jerry Fator...He is great with the puppets and with impressions...it is very hard to know who will win at this point...I watched a video of Britians Got Talent and you have to look up Paul Potts...He is wonderful...made me cry when I heard him sing...and little Connie Talbot, 6 yr old...I think it is wonderful to include such a young child in the finals...she did not win..but she is a joy to hear..

I honestly think the tumblers might win and I hope not because they are not Americans...what can I say..it is a contest for american talent...
Don't you think it is great to have programs like this that a person does not have to watch crime shows all the time...I am hooked now on Singing Bee and Don't Forget the Lyrics..

Well, the older Elvis won....on seeing him again, he did look more like Elvis compared to the younger one.

About America's Got Talent....I also like the ventriloquist/impressionist....that is quite a talent.  Hard enough to do impressions alone.  He's also funny.   I voted for him and also the blonde girl singer.

The tumblers are really good.  But can you imagine how their joints will be when they are older....same with the young dancers that bounce all around on their legs, head, etc!

I watch the singing shows since there is nothing else on.  I think I'd enjoy it more if there were better songs or ones that I'm familiar with.  Smiley

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2007, 08:03:35 PM »

Yes...the older Elvis won...but there are so many Elvises...I wish there could have been a different one...
What ever happened to songs that use to have melodies...
Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2007, 10:20:11 PM »

Yes...the older Elvis won...but there are so many Elvises...I wish there could have been a different one...
What ever happened to songs that use to have melodies...

Yes, the melodies are great.  I think the old Motown songs were good, too.  The words were pretty good and the harmonies of the singers were great.

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2007, 10:39:05 PM »

Dear Debp

You said the magic word "harmony"...seems like all the songs sound the same..alot of yelling and over doing it and the over doing it makes songs hard for any harmony...I listen to christian songs and it is so hard to receive a message from many of them...so much instrumental and not enough words unless someone is yelling...I love the Second Chapter of Acts when it comes to harmony and the Imperials...The Mowtown sound was pretty especially the groups like the Temptations...Four Tops....and then there were voices like Gary Puckett that was clear and so nice to listen to.  I guess it will never be like that...so..I have a good collection of music that I listen to on my playlist..

How are you doing?..You know I have meant to ask you every time I post a reply to you...I have not met you personally but I think it is great to reach out to other christians and the christians in this forum bless me...

Mj
Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2007, 08:09:21 PM »

Dear Debp

You said the magic word "harmony"...seems like all the songs sound the same..alot of yelling and over doing it and the over doing it makes songs hard for any harmony...I listen to christian songs and it is so hard to receive a message from many of them...so much instrumental and not enough words unless someone is yelling...I love the Second Chapter of Acts when it comes to harmony and the Imperials...The Mowtown sound was pretty especially the groups like the Temptations...Four Tops....and then there were voices like Gary Puckett that was clear and so nice to listen to.  I guess it will never be like that...so..I have a good collection of music that I listen to on my playlist..

How are you doing?..You know I have meant to ask you every time I post a reply to you...I have not met you personally but I think it is great to reach out to other christians and the christians in this forum bless me...

Mj

I have some different CDs....old hymns and some soothing Christian singers (like Amy Lambert, Greater Vision, Steve Brock, Elvis hymns), nature CDs, Hawaiian music and classical guitar....also Christmas CDs.  I don't always play them but nice to have them on hand.

With God's help, I'm doing alright, day by day.  My mom had been ill and housebound for about a year and a half so it was a bit  hard.  But she is slowly trying to get out a tiny bit now with rests inbetween.  I am a moderator at Cpals.net so I also have to spend some time there, so I can't always post on too many topics here.  But I do enjoy the people here as well.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the