Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:51:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Television (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The Next Best Thing
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Next Best Thing  (Read 8457 times)
Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2007, 08:22:01 PM »

Now that this show is picking the semi-finalists, it is even better.  I thoroughly enjoyed this week's show....very entertaining!!

For those of you that haven't watched it, these are impressionists who not only sound like famous people, but look just like them!! The woman who impersonates Barbra Streisand sang just like her (a hard thing to do!!!).  The Elvis, Dolly Parton, Celine Dion, Frank Sinatra, etc, all were great.  They even had a Jackie Gleason and Ed Norton team but the competition is so tough, they were eliminated.

If any of you are looking for an entertaining show, check this one out!

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 12:36:04 AM »

I thought the "Lucy" impersonator was great...as well as the young Frand Sinatra...but the young Elvis was the best...It is a fun show to watch...
Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 12:41:45 AM »

I thought the "Lucy" impersonator was great...as well as the young Frand Sinatra...but the young Elvis was the best...It is a fun show to watch...

Oh, yes, how could I forget the Lucy impersonator!!  She really looks/sounds just like her!!  I wonder if Elvis will win....if people didn't know better, they would think Elvis has come back into the building!!  Cheesy

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2007, 12:46:43 AM »

So true...He looks just like Elvis...I remember the articles that Elvis was spotted...I am hoping Lucy or Elvis wins..Now...the man who impersonated Bush was good too...I can't believe how many people pass for famous people...I know..."PLASTIC SURGERY"..What do you think?
Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2007, 04:51:18 PM »

So true...He looks just like Elvis...I remember the articles that Elvis was spotted...I am hoping Lucy or Elvis wins..Now...the man who impersonated Bush was good too...I can't believe how many people pass for famous people...I know..."PLASTIC SURGERY"..What do you think?

Oh gosh, I wonder!  At least about Elvis and Lucy.....I know the Bush impersonator was getting some extra "help" (temporary) in the makeup room.  Smiley

Maybe the Elvis sightings were of this impersonator!

Hope some others in the forum check this show out....it's really entertaining.

Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2007, 07:19:37 PM »

Tonight..America Has Talent will air...I have not seen all of it..but it seems it is going to be an hour 1/2 show and probably will show the finalist...

Do you watch the Inventer show?...it is interesting...
Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2007, 09:58:50 PM »

Tonight..America Has Talent will air...I have not seen all of it..but it seems it is going to be an hour 1/2 show and probably will show the finalist...

Do you watch the Inventer show?...it is interesting...

I also love America's Got Talent....now that we have the semi-finalists to vote on, it should be more interesting.  (I sure hope the belly dancing guy gets voted off!)  This coming week, we can vote toll-free.   I like that guy from Pakistan that does the "Bollywood" type dancing....for some reason, he just makes me smile!  Alot of really good acts this year....the magician (the older man) was great!

When American Inventor isn't on opposite America's Got Talent, I do watch the inventor show.  It is interesting.  Did you know George Foreman (one of the judges for those of you who don't watch it) is a pastor?  I saw him on a talk show and the host asked him about it.  His church has about 100-150 people and he also speaks and gets bigger crowds when travelling.  But he flies back to his church to preach each Sunday.

Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2007, 12:16:35 AM »

Last yeay, Bianca Ryan won and she was great...This year it is hard because no one has near the talent of last year it seems...I can't stand Boy shakira..I have no idea why he is in the top 20...do you?
Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2007, 12:56:06 AM »

Last yeay, Bianca Ryan won and she was great...This year it is hard because no one has near the talent of last year it seems...I can't stand Boy shakira..I have no idea why he is in the top 20...do you?

No idea either.  David Hasselhof walked off the stage when the other two judges put him through the first time.  He was still against it this time.....maybe that British judge thinks Boy Shakira will liven the competition??!!  I plan to vote for my favorites....hopefully, if enough people do that, the good ones can remain and Boy Shakira will go.

I was sorry they let that African-American, married man go....I thought his voice was really, really beautiful.

It was "repeats" this Saturday so I didn't watch it.  I watch it on Tuesdays (I think it is).  Am anticipating the new show.

Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2007, 01:27:27 AM »

I wonder if manuel will win this year...what do you think?
Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2007, 02:16:16 AM »

I wonder if manuel will win this year...what do you think?

I don't know.  I really liked the African American man's singing tonight....think he has a beautiful voice.  And the blonde girl was very good, too.  The Bollywood dancer still makes me smile, but of course, I don't think he can win.  I was really disappointed in the magician tonight as last time he was good.  I voted for the two singers I mentioned plus the Bollywood dancer.

If you want to re-watch the performances, go to NBC.com.....I voted there, too, and watched some again.

Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2007, 09:55:08 AM »

I like the Bollywood dancer..He is fun...but I think Manuel could win as well as Butterscotch..They are my favorite...I think the younger man is a better magician and he was taught by the one last night...
Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2007, 07:19:20 PM »

I like the Bollywood dancer..He is fun...but I think Manuel could win as well as Butterscotch..They are my favorite...I think the younger man is a better magician and he was taught by the one last night...

I agree Manuel has a good voice.  I guess I'm not too much for beat boxing for a girl.  I'm glad Butterscotch is starting to get a little confidence.

Yes, after last's night performance by the older magician, I guess they should have put the younger one through instead.  Maybe the older one had a "senior moment" because his act last night was just mediocre.  Also, he was stressing (last night) about his act being "gory".  Yuck!

Do you remember "Quick Change" from last year's competition?  How on earth did the lady keep changing dresses/outfits in just 1 or 2 seconds?!!  Especially, when her partner threw glitter over her and she was suddenly dressed in a  patriotic long gown.

Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2007, 07:33:51 PM »

I'll be watching The Next Best Thing tonight to see who wins.  I voted for the younger Elvis, but they were all so good....Lucy, Barbra Streisand, Frank Sinatra....so hard to choose.

Last night on America's Got Talent, two of my favorites got through (the African American man with the lovely voice and the blonde girl singer).  No, the Bollywood dancer didn't make the cut this time!  But at least, he made me smile for some weeks.  Smiley  Among the new group of semi-finalists, I voted for the Russian pet act (I want to see the dogs and cats perform again) and the amazing ventriloquist (doing impressions, too!).
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 07:36:05 PM by Debp » Logged

Dana

The eye of God........

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2007, 10:29:12 AM »

I've heard of it!  It's pretty good.  I like the Elvis's.

JESUS IS THE RESON FOR THE SEASONS.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the