Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:35:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Music (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  What's your opinion of Creed?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's your opinion of Creed?  (Read 8064 times)
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« on: November 01, 2003, 09:38:17 PM »

Smiley

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2003, 09:53:54 PM »

the word "Eh" comes to mind. I've heard CHRISTIAN bands with better skill. And we all know how I feel abotu Christian music Grin

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2003, 07:25:21 AM »

I thought of a song I liked by the old Petra Group, This Is My Creed, I will have to go and look for that tape.

I never heard any of Creeds songs.

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2004, 07:51:00 PM »

Um, I don't have an opinion, Whitehorse.  My wife tells me what to think.  Grin

And we all know how I feel abotu Christian music  

I don't know what you think about Christian music, tibby.  

wwjd4deb

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2004, 10:46:16 PM »

i don't really know about creed that much actually but in my opinion, i might say that i don't quite agree to call them- P.O.D and creed as christian bands. in fact why should we recognize them as Christian bands when they sing worldly songs. there's nothing much of praise and worship songs in their music i can say. right? just think about it. the music and the talents come from Him so we must give and offer to Him back something nice and heavenly.
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2004, 01:17:29 AM »

I don't know "Creed" from shinola, but just because they aren't strictly Christian music doesn't mean they may not be good.  Johnny Cash sang "worldly" or mainstream music - but when he sang a gospel song it was REALLY good. Same with Elvis and many, many others.  
I'm an engineer - I design bridges and tunnels - but if I ever design a church - WHOA mamma!  It will be a good one!!!  Grin

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2004, 07:46:02 PM »

Ooo, cool, judgenot.  An engineer.   Smiley

And construction too.  Wow.  

Do you work in it anymore?  Was it something you always wanted to do?

Sounds like something every kid wants to do(including me).
cmolica

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2004, 12:24:21 PM »

Does anyone know of a web site that reviews "christian" albums and bands not only for the quality of the music but also for the spiritual content?  
Someone commented here that they weren't sure if they would consider Creed and POD "christian" bands. We have discernment for a reason. Its not judgmental in any way to acknowledge that, at best, their lyrics are more evangelistic or for newer believers and not worshipful in nature.    As the engineer said previously that does not mean they aren't "good" or that they don't have a place.
Back to my point, reviews of Christian music that let parents know the direction of the music would be a huge help as most of us don't have time to listen to all the music thats out there.
NateyCakes

Radical for Christ!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2004, 09:19:09 AM »

Just my piddly 2 cents here on Creed.
They have been out for quite some time. Since late 90's. They played in a "Christian Cafe" in Upstate NY in 1997 and were openly admitting their profession for Christ. I mean with somgs like "We've come to you" and prayer before & after the show.
So then they get big & even their CDs are being sold @ Christian Book Stores and seems like they were not denying they are a Christian Band & even aired on some Christian music stations
But in April 2003, I see them on VH1 Behind the Music & they are basically adamantly denying they are Christian & they NEVER were & ppl took them the wrong way and then Scott (lead singer) goes on how his Dad forced Christianity on him & so forth...truly it made me sad!!
What sort of message is this? Playing in Christian forums, In Christian Book stores, etc. Then get big & make lots of $$$$ and Now you never claimed to be singing for Christ? Such Hypocrites. But I guess Im not to judge, Only Jesus can.
But I threw my Creed CD out and I didn't buy it for my niece as she wanted it.
Get the Mercy Me CD! They are incredible!:)

~*Rejoice for the Lord is GOOD!!*~
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2004, 07:42:13 PM »

That is how it works in places (like my area) where rock bands don’t get a lot of coverage, the bands will find a church group with a large youth group, and place Christian music till they can get signed into the REAL industry. Minor league music. A lot of bands get their start like that. Playing a Sunday night Youth Groups and Rallies and Camps and such. The Church will give them loads of Gigs when there are few clubs in the area.

NateyCakes

Radical for Christ!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2004, 10:26:56 PM »

That is how it works in places (like my area) where rock bands don’t get a lot of coverage, the bands will find a church group with a large youth group, and place Christian music till they can get signed into the REAL industry. Minor league music. A lot of bands get their start like that. Playing a Sunday night Youth Groups and Rallies and Camps and such. The Church will give them loads of Gigs when there are few clubs in the area.
That is really horrendous! Id hate to be playing games like that with the Lord watching every move!
But as u said, there are a lot of bands these days doing that. I like the band POD for awhile. They really held truw to their music & always gave thanks to Jesus in their songs. Not just the word "God", but as of late seeing them open for such awful secular bands as Puddle of Mud & some others...it made me wonder? I mean if I were some average teen going to hear some music and I see them with all these other bands that are Clearly NON Christian, I certainly wouldnt think they were Christians. I mean its just some of these bands go so christian-secular, there is no telling which is which! Sad

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2004, 12:28:24 AM »

Yeah. Well, POD has always opened for secular bands. They are More Christians who play music then they are “Christian Music.” That is something I respect, personally. Play your music, do what you like, it doesn’t have to be a “Christian Band.” You can still behave like a respectable artist with and sing respectable lyrics and have a respectable musical talent. As long as you don’t embarrass us and rip your bra off at a half time show or something or kiss members of the same sex after copying their song or win American Idol, you are doing fine.  Smiley

NateyCakes

Radical for Christ!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2004, 10:54:56 AM »

Yeah Tibby, I hear ya. Along those same lines-Sort of, lol
Its like that Rueben guy who won American Idol #2...he was so overshadowed by Clay Atkins! My point being, he was in the article saying how his (Rueben) record co. wanted him to do this CD with a more heavier/rap/hip hop sound & Reuben brought his CD to the company & it had a lot of gospel on there and some light R&B and some songs that he sang @ his church before he became "famous" and the record co. told him he shouldnt put it out. They didnt want all the reference to "God" in his CD and the Gospel aspects should be cut out. That is so wrong, yet Clay gets all the attn because he will put on any secular junk they ask him to. It just goes to show how they are taking Jesus out of everything! Sad Sad...

sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2004, 08:19:05 PM »

Creed's lead singer, in MY opinion, is an example of what damage you can do to a child by raising them on religion only without a relationship in Christ!  Lips Sealed

xadian66

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2011, 11:36:41 PM »

creed isnt a christian band at all...they said so in an interview..they said that they didnt want to be labled that and that they were far from it...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the