Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:43:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Who I am in Christ?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who I am in Christ?  (Read 20425 times)
Eva

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2007, 03:57:00 PM »

This is not an exhaustive explaination of what a Christian is, but I hope it will be of help to you.

Basically a Chritian is someone who accepts Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and strives to becoming like Christ.

Acknowleging your need for a Savior by:

AGREE that you have sinned. (Romans 3:23; Psalm 51:5; Genesis 6:5; Ecclesiastes 7:20)

ADMIT you cannot save yourself. (Romans 3:20, 28; Galatians 2:16; 3:11; Isaiah 59:2; 64:6; Romans 6:23; James 1:15)

ACCEPT Jesus Christ. (John 3:16; 6:44; 14:6; 2 Corinthians 5:21; 9:15; 1 John 3:1-2; Romans 5:6, 8; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4)

Then, BECOME like Jesus. (1 Corinthians 11:1; Luke 9:23; 14:26; Matthew 20:28; John 8:29 cf. 2 Corinthians 5:9)

Daily BIBLE reading. (Joshua 1:8; Psalm 1:1-3; Acts 17:11; John 17:17)

Pray to God daily. (1 Thessalonians 5:16; Ephesians 6:18; Psalm 55:17; Philippians 4:6-7; 1 Timothy 4:4-5)

Fellowship (gather with other believers) Hebrews 10:24-25; Romans 12:5; Ephesians 4:25; Acts 14:27; 1 Corinthians 12:13, 18, 25-27; Isaiah 56:7 cf. Matthew 21:13; Acts 2:42-47; 1 Corinthians 1:10; Colossians 2:19

Psalm 119:46; Matthew 10:32-33 cf. Luke 12:8-9; Luke 9:23; John 1:6-8; Luke 14:26-27; 2 Timothy 1:8; 1 John 4:15; John 15:26-27; 16:13-14; 1 Samuel 2:30; Revelation 3:5

There is so much more, but this is a start. God Bless!!! Eva

I can do ALL things through Christ, who strengthens me.
musicllover

Seek ye first the kingdom of God.........

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2007, 10:38:49 PM »

WOW,
         I started this thread and pretty much abandoned it. I haven't even finished reading the book of John. I have begun going to church with my husband and I've begun making myself available to help with the music, offered to help with the Easter baskets for the shut-ins, and helping some with the youth of the church. Anyway that is the update, family seems always on the edge of a crisis, but God is good, we make it through each event.
I know all that everyone has said, at least I know what I have read. I know what my heart longs for, but how do I get it from head knowledge to heart knowledge? I think maybe sometimes I make more out of this than is necessary. How nice it would be if God spoke to me so I could physically hear, or wrote a loving message on my wall, (although it would scare me to death). I have fought this infer complex for years, several years ago when was asking pretty much the same question I had a dream of a field. It was a wheat field that had no beginning or ending, the wheat was ripe, beautiful golden wheat as far as the eye could see with a beautiful blue shy overhead. Out of the sky reaching down was a pair of hand that I knew belonged to God. He very gently pulled up one stock of wheat, the roots were showing. God lovingly placed that wheat in a basket, stood it up and gently placed a  soft cloth around the expose roots. That wheat plant was me... I have never forgotten that dream I don't understand it all I knew when I woke up that he was showing me how much he loved me and yet I still ask who am I in Christ. I feel foolish, why should I ask such a thing when God has answered it once in a dream. I am loved, as in the dream out of million and millions of plants..... I have been reminded of that dream often lately. It is I who have fallen away not God. I know God loves me, now what is this nagging that I keep feeling HuhHuh?
I feel as though God is waiting till I fight my way to the end of something, myself maybe.

musicllover
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2007, 03:06:28 AM »

Hello Musicllover,

I guess there might be many ways to think about your dream. There are many object lessons in the Bible that are used to talk about Christians (i.e. planting, harvesting, bearing fruit). It can be said that Christians are planted and transplanted for many different purposes. Some Christians move frequently maybe from their employment, and there are missionaries who start ministries, do training, and move on to start another one. Maybe you were dreaming about what work GOD could do in and through you or wanting to yield to the Will of GOD in your life.

GOD does tell us that HIS children are precious to HIM, and there are portions of Scripture in the Bible that describe the lengths that JESUS will go to in tending and protecting single members of HIS flock. Just remember that we are adopted Children of the KING OF KINGS and we have been given a full inheritance with the Saints in LIGHT - the LIGHT of JESUS CHRIST. We are also told of GOD'S Might in holding us and protecting us. NO Power can pluck us out of HIS Mighty Hands. You already know that HE loves us and will never forsake us.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable GIFT, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour Forever!

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2007, 10:25:55 AM »

You and your family are in my prayer book and each morning and evening I review who I have and pray for them.

What a wonderful idea!  Why have I not thought of this before!  Thank you!

Let us fight the good fight!
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2007, 12:01:48 PM »

Just for information, there is also a very handy prayer module in the e-Sword Bible Study package. It's free and has just about all the bells and whistles you can think of for an outstanding Bible Study Package. Take a look at the first page in the Computers and Software section for a fairly good idea about what e-Sword has available. It also has a daily devotion module, a Bible Memory Verse Module, a personal notes module that automatically interacts with the portion of Scripture you made them for, and much more.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Def

My Father, it is me your daughter, in Jesus.

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2007, 02:02:10 PM »

Just for information, there is also a very handy prayer module in the e-Sword Bible Study package. It's free and has just about all the bells and whistles you can think of for an outstanding Bible Study Package. Take a look at the first page in the Computers and Software section for a fairly good idea about what e-Sword has available. It also has a daily devotion module, a Bible Memory Verse Module, a personal notes module that automatically interacts with the portion of Scripture you made them for, and much more.

Love In Christ,
Tom

You cut off my breath, i was not expecting the phrase" John 1:1"
because i was concentrating on your explanation of  e sword.
what  a bang !! that was a  357 magnum
Love in Jesus Def
thank you Tom you made me cried ,I am in AWE
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 02:04:26 PM by Def » Logged

But to us There Is But one God,  the  Father, of  whom  Are  all  things, and we in Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ by whom Are all things and we by Him(1Cor 8:6  KJV)
I believe that Jesus died for my sins  was buried rose again and is sitting at the right hand of God Almighty interceding for me Amen
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2007, 11:04:00 AM »

You cut off my breath, i was not expecting the phrase" John 1:1"
because i was concentrating on your explanation of  e sword.
what  a bang !! that was a  357 magnum
Love in Jesus Def
thank you Tom you made me cried ,I am in AWE

Hello Sister Def,

357magnum was my handle for many years for a list of nets and my bulletin board. In fact, that was also the name of my bulletin board. We did use the Internet to transmit message packets, but that was before the days of modern forums like Christians Unite. My system was devoted to Christian and Law Enforcement Topics, and I remember those days well.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Def

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2007, 03:37:02 PM »

WOW,
         I started this thread and pretty much abandoned it. I haven't even finished reading the book of John. I have begun going to church with my husband and I've begun making myself available to help with the music, offered to help with the Easter baskets for the shut-ins, and helping some with the youth of the church. Anyway that is the update, family seems always on the edge of a crisis, but God is good, we make it through each event.
I know all that everyone has said, at least I know what I have read. I know what my heart longs for, but how do I get it from head knowledge to heart knowledge? I think maybe sometimes I make more out of this than is necessary. How nice it would be if God spoke to me so I could physically hear, or wrote a loving message on my wall, (although it would scare me to death). I have fought this infer complex for years, several years ago when was asking pretty much the same question I had a dream of a field. It was a wheat field that had no beginning or ending, the wheat was ripe, beautiful golden wheat as far as the eye could see with a beautiful blue shy overhead. Out of the sky reaching down was a pair of hand that I knew belonged to God. He very gently pulled up one stock of wheat, the roots were showing. God lovingly placed that wheat in a basket, stood it up and gently placed a  soft cloth around the expose roots. That wheat plant was me... I have never forgotten that dream I don't understand it all I knew when I woke up that he was showing me how much he loved me and yet I still ask who am I in Christ. I feel foolish, why should I ask such a thing when God has answered it once in a dream. I am loved, as in the dream out of million and millions of plants..... I have been reminded of that dream often lately. It is I who have fallen away not God. I know God loves me, now what is this nagging that I keep feeling HuhHuh?
I feel as though God is waiting till I fight my way to the end of something, myself maybe.
Musiclover,please let me express this  to you,as it happened to me..the day that i ask myself after meditating on John 3:16 "who is  Christ "to me "what does he represent so that i must believe in him deeply" all "of me believe,then that is when my journey in the knowledge of the Word started ..only when i searched who was the person of Jesus Christ ..It may sound childish and stupid but was my journey..love in Jesus Def
John  3:16 was the verse of thruth for me.

But to us There Is But one God,  the  Father, of  whom  Are  all  things, and we in Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ by whom Are all things and we by Him(1Cor 8:6  KJV)
I believe that Jesus died for my sins  was buried rose again and is sitting at the right hand of God Almighty interceding for me Amen
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2007, 04:56:25 PM »

Musiclover,please let me express this  to you,as it happened to me..the day that i ask myself after meditating on John 3:16 "who is  Christ "to me "what does he represent so that i must believe in him deeply" all "of me believe,then that is when my journey in the knowledge of the Word started ..only when i searched who was the person of Jesus Christ ..It may sound childish and stupid but was my journey..love in Jesus Def
John  3:16 was the verse of thruth for me.

Hello Sister Def,

Sister, I think that you just spoke a great TRUTH from your heart, and I don't think there is anything childish or stupid about what you said. You are expressing your love and trust in JESUS CHRIST.

John 3:16-20 NASB
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. "For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. "He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. "This is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the Light, for their deeds were evil.  "For everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come to the Light for fear that his deeds will be exposed.

Sister, this is one of the most beautiful portions of Scripture in the Bible. It speaks volumes, and this portion of Scripture is a beautiful Bible Study that leads to many other beautiful portions of Scripture that support it. One of the aspects of study that I like to explore is JESUS CHRIST as the LIGHT.

Sister, there is one word you used that I would like to comment on, the word "Child". GOD loves for us to come to HIM in simple childlike faith and trust. GOD loves HIS children, and coming to HIM frequently as a child is a good thing for every Christian to do. We shouldn't worry about some men who will make fun of us for expressing our love for GOD. GOD isn't laughing at us.

Love In Christ,
Tom

1 Corinthians 15:50-58 NASB
Now I say this, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. Behold, I tell you a mystery; we will not all sleep, but we will all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. For this perishable must put on the imperishable, and this mortal must put on immortality. But when this perishable will have put on the imperishable, and this mortal will have put on immortality, then will come about the saying that is written, "DEATH IS SWALLOWED UP in victory. "O DEATH, WHERE IS YOUR VICTORY? O  DEATH, WHERE IS YOUR STING?" The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law; but thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your toil is not in vain in the Lord.

Def

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2007, 02:52:07 PM »

Hello Sister Def,

Sister, I think that you just spoke a great TRUTH from your heart, and I don't think there is anything childish or stupid about what you said. You are expressing your love and trust in JESUS CHRIST.

John 3:16-20 NASB
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. "For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. "He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. "This is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the Light, for their deeds were evil.  "For everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come to the Light for fear that his deeds will be exposed.

Sister, this is one of the most beautiful portions of Scripture in the Bible. It speaks volumes, and this portion of Scripture is a beautiful Bible Study that leads to many other beautiful portions of Scripture that support it. One of the aspects of study that I like to explore is JESUS CHRIST as the LIGHT.

Sister, there is one word you used that I would like to comment on, the word "Child". GOD loves for us to come to HIM in simple childlike faith and trust. GOD loves HIS children, and coming to HIM frequently as a child is a good thing for every Christian to do. We shouldn't worry about some men who will make fun of us for expressing our love for GOD. GOD isn't laughing at us.

Love In Christ,
Tom

1 Corinthians 15:50-58 NASB
Now I say this, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. Behold, I tell you a mystery; we will not all sleep, but we will all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. For this perishable must put on the imperishable, and this mortal must put on immortality. But when this perishable will have put on the imperishable, and this mortal will have put on immortality, then will come about the saying that is written, "DEATH IS SWALLOWED UP in victory. "O DEATH, WHERE IS YOUR VICTORY? O  DEATH, WHERE IS YOUR STING?" The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law; but thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your toil is not in vain in the Lord.
Thank  you brother Tom for Christians Unite it makes us grow so much" words" have to take "air"(come out) to grow and spread multiply O it is so great not to be shun because of the name of Jesus..well thank you again..Love in Jesus Def

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the