Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:53:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  car wreck/miracle needed
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: car wreck/miracle needed  (Read 4095 times)
mississippi_jesus_chic

View Profile
« on: June 18, 2007, 10:17:30 PM »

Hi.  Today there was a really bad wreck.  One of the boys involved goes to church with me.  He is in ICU right now and he's on life support.  He just went into surgery to have pressure removed from his brain.  The doctors say that it will me a miracle if he lives.  PLEASE remeber him in your prayers.

MJC

Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.     Joshua 1:9
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 10:39:46 PM »

Hello MJC,

Sister, I will join you in prayer. We know that GOD is ABLE - HIS Will be done!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 139:16 NASB  Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; And in Your book were all written The days that were ordained for me, When as yet there was not one of them.

Romans 8:16-18 NASB  The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him. For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 09:12:13 AM »

I will join in prayer for this young man.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 12:53:34 PM »

I'm praying for this young man, as well.

Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2007, 04:05:46 PM »

Praying for him, too.

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
mississippi_jesus_chic

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2007, 06:38:59 PM »

Today they said that there was no brain activity.  His mom and grandmother(who has heart trouble) is having a really hard time.  His dad is trying to be strong for his mom.  His parents said they wanted to pray about it and let it sink in before they tell them to pull the plug.

Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.     Joshua 1:9
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2007, 06:50:28 PM »

Thank you, sister for the update. This is a difficult time for this family. My prayers are with them.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2007, 12:04:02 AM »

MJC,

Sister, Please let the family know that we are praying for them.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 11:33 NASB  Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and unfathomable His ways!

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2007, 09:00:08 PM »

MJC, my prayers are with his family, and friends. 

God has a reason for this happening, what I don't know.  Please remember to keep Christ, close to you sister.  Now is the time that satan will try to strike at the family, and friends.  Specially after what you have been through, these past few months.

mississippi_jesus_chic

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2007, 10:43:47 PM »

We had special prayer meeting for Tyler at church tonight.  His parents are both in a terible position.  They don't want to have to make a decision like that.  His dad said that he either wants God to heal him or go ahead and take him home.  They said that there is very little blood getting to his brain and if this changes to where there is no blood getting to the brain then they will declare him legally dead.  The doctors said that from his injuries, it appears that the jeep rolled over the back of his head.

Also, pray for our pastor.  He's been at the hospital the past two or three days with all of this and he's just drained.  He said that he doesn't know how his parents are dealing with it all.  He is trying to be strong for the whole family and he's just worn out.

MJC

Thank you for your prayers and please continue.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2007, 10:54:12 PM »

Yes, sister my prayers are for all of you on this. It is hard on all involved.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2007, 11:19:14 PM »

Hello MJC,

I saw many cases like this in 25 years of police work. Nobody likes to make a decision like this. There are tests they can do to determine how much and which portions of his brain are already dead. The time could come when his brain is dead and he is only technically alive. I have a living will to prevent extraordinary means to keep me technically alive, and many Christians do. Some might argue this, but I don't think there is a moral argument when brain death is present. I hope their doctor will tell them the complete and blunt truth.

In the meantime, I will be praying for this entire family and everyone involved.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Proverbs 3:5-10 NASB  Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the LORD and turn away from evil. It will be healing to your body And refreshment to your bones. Honor the LORD from your wealth And from the first of all your produce; So your barns will be filled with plenty And your vats will overflow with new wine.

Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2007, 07:08:19 PM »

We had special prayer meeting for Tyler at church tonight.  His parents are both in a terible position.  They don't want to have to make a decision like that.  His dad said that he either wants God to heal him or go ahead and take him home.  They said that there is very little blood getting to his brain and if this changes to where there is no blood getting to the brain then they will declare him legally dead.  The doctors said that from his injuries, it appears that the jeep rolled over the back of his head.

Also, pray for our pastor.  He's been at the hospital the past two or three days with all of this and he's just drained.  He said that he doesn't know how his parents are dealing with it all.  He is trying to be strong for the whole family and he's just worn out.

MJC

Thank you for your prayers and please continue.

I'm so sorry....God only knows why these things happen.  Praying for you all.  God bless you.

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
mississippi_jesus_chic

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2007, 11:19:07 PM »

Well, we got some bad news today.  When I got home from my grandparents house, my mom told me that Tyler had passed away today.  I don't know the details of what took place today.  Last I knew they were trying to wean him off of the breathing machine, and I guess his body couldn't handle it.  This is so unbelievable to me because he was a year younger than me.  I don't know what to think, but our prayers are turned to his family now.  Things are going to be really tough for them.  They are leaning on God right now, so I guess that's the best thing they can do.  They still need a lot of prayer though.  Almost everyone that goes to our church is kin to him.  His cousins, grandparents, aunts and uncles, just everybody.  This is the biggest tragedy our church has faced in a long time.  Please just pray for strength and comfort for everyone involved.

MJC

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2007, 11:27:36 PM »

I'm so sorry to hear that. Such times as this are very trying of our faith. If all involved will turn to the Lord and to each other it can strengthen all in Christ and bring all to be closer in each other also. I will definitely be praying for this church family.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the