Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:19:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286797 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  off to youth camp
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: off to youth camp  (Read 2043 times)
mississippi_jesus_chic

View Profile
« on: June 09, 2007, 11:22:21 PM »

I am off to youth camp tomorrow and I ask for everyone to pray for not only the youth that attend, but also the advisors.  Last year God's presence was stronger than I have ever felt.  I pray that it will be even better this year.  Please pray that people will be open to God and let Him work in their hearts.  I'll tell everyone about it Friday night when I get home!

thanks
mJc

Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.     Joshua 1:9
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2007, 11:25:42 PM »

Prayers are heading your way MJC, for all involved.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 12:19:01 AM »

AMEN MJC!

I will be praying that GOD works in a mighty way and watches over all of you.

Sister, have a good time in the LORD!

Love in Christ,
Tom

Ephesians 3:14-19 NASB  For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2007, 08:18:59 AM »

Amen. Youth camps are a wonderful time in the Lord for all involved. My prayers are with all.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Faithin1
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 06:27:20 PM »

MJC, I will certainly keep you and all involved in prayer.  I always enjoyed attending camp as a child.  May the Lord bless all of you with safe, spiritual and fun experiences.  Have a great time in the Lord! 

Heb. 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 
islandboy
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 03:05:51 PM »

My prayers are with you. I hope that your week is and has gone well. Youth camps can be a very worth while experience for young people.
Look forward to hearing how things went. What a wonderful way to do the Lord's work.

Be not weary in your serving; Do your best for those in need; Kindness will be rewarded by the Lord who prompts the deed.
mississippi_jesus_chic

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 10:11:39 PM »

Well I am home!  I have never fell asleep standing up but I think that's a posibility if I don't get in bed soon! 

We had a really good time in the Lord.  There were about 40-50 teenagers there.  There were a few who accepted Jesus into their hearts and I think most of the rest of the people made some sort of decision.  Wednesday night when the boys had devotion one of them just broke down in tears and started talking about things that he had done and asking forgiveness and then a couple of others.  So they went into the Chapel and went to the alter to pray.  Soon after that many of the girls went as well.  The girls had already had devotion and gotten into bed.  One of my friends woke me up and asked me to go with her into the chapel too.  This all took place between about 1:00 and 2:45AM Thursday morning.  On about Tuesday I felt that the Lord wanted me to do devotion one night.  So Thursday night I did devotion.  I prayed and thought all day on what my topic would be and then it finally came to me during evening service Thursday night.  It went very well.  I didn't get the least bit nervous or anything.  Last year I wouldn't have done it.  I really think that the Lord is trying to give me opportunities to teach and lead so that I will have some experience when I go into the mission feild.  This is just one example of doors that God has opened up for me to get experience.  Also, teaching the children's class on Wednesday nights is helping me too.  We just had a wonderful time.  God is so good to us. 

MJC

Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.     Joshua 1:9
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2007, 10:14:27 PM »

Hi mjc,

It's great to see back. That does sound like a great time. I would have liked to be there to hear your devotion.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2007, 11:45:36 PM »

Amen MJC!

I'm very happy to hear about how GOD worked at the camp. We're happy to have you home.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Ephesians 5:1-2 NASB  Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children; and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma.

mississippi_jesus_chic

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2007, 11:17:33 PM »

Hi mjc,

It's great to see back. That does sound like a great time. I would have liked to be there to hear your devotion.

Thanks for the welcome homes from everyone.

The topic of my devotion was Persecution. 

Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.  II Timothy 3:12-13

I know that a lot of the people there made spiritual decisions.  I talked about how when they get home they need to stay strong and stay with their decisions.  Don't let people try to sway them.  People are going to try to talk them down and persecute them when they see that they are living for the Lord.  I mentioned that the persecution could very well come from within your own family.  I shared how last year at youth camp I answered the call to be a missionary.  When I got home from camp and tried to talk to my dad about it he had a fit and told me every bad thing about being a missionary.  This was last year.  Things still haven't gotten any better.  I also told them that God would use that persecution to strengthen them.  Basically, the point was to stay strong and stick with God.  Don't do what other people want you to do.

I ended with this verse:

The devotion went very well.  I really believe that this is what God wanted me to talk about.  It was the last night of youth camp before we were all headed back out into the world.  I am thankful that God gave me the strength to do this devotion and the words to say. 

MJC

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2007, 11:45:15 PM »

Amen, sister. A devotion such as that is important for new Christians. They must be prepared to face the trials and tribulations that are sure to come, to understand that their strength in the Lord does matter. A very fitting devotion for the last night of a youth camp.

I am thankful that God gave me the strength to do this devotion and the words to say. 

Another Amen! All glory to God! He will lead and guide us in all that we do and say if we but let Him. Sister, I am sure that you will be a very effective missionary no matter where the Lord sends you. Just keep in mind what the word missionary means. "To be sent on a mission." Then realize that you were in fact a missionary at that youth camp or anywhere else the Lord leads you. It is all in His hands.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2007, 12:40:48 AM »

Hello MJC,

Persecution is an important topic for Christians today. Things appear to be getting worse by the day, and those without strength will be tempted to conform to the world. I'm happy to hear that our young adults are studying such mature topics.

Love In Christ,
Tom

1 Timothy 6:12 NASB  Fight the good fight of faith; take hold of the eternal life to which you were called, and you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses.

islandboy
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2007, 01:56:40 PM »

I was pleased to learn that youth camp went well and several of youth accepted Jesus. Your devotional was a good choice, the coming days will become harder and harder for Christians in dealing with family and the world to leave the Lord behind. I applaud your efforts and good luck in doing missionary work.

Be not weary in your serving; Do your best for those in need; Kindness will be rewarded by the Lord who prompts the deed.
mississippi_jesus_chic

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2007, 11:18:06 PM »

I wish I knew what my life held for me.  I have begun to see the ways that the Lord is working in my life to prepare me.  I have had many opportunities to teach and witness to people.  But especially children.  I have developed a love for teaching.  I have also noticed that I don't get very nervous anymore when I teach or share.  The night that I did that devotion I didn't get the least bit nervous.  Last year I would hardly even CONSIDER doing it at all.  I would have never done it.  I also feel like the Lord wants me to start singing.  I already play the piano at church every Wednesday and some Sundays.  I have always like to sing but been very nervous.  I think I could do it.  A friend of mine and myself helped two different girls on the chorus of songs at youth camp this week.  I really enjoyed it.  I can't explain it but I think that God is trying to let me know he gave me that talent for a reason, to sing about Him.  I am just overwhelmed with all the ways that God has blessed me.  He has helped me to overcome so many obstacles in my life.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2007, 12:04:46 AM »

Hello MJC,

Sister, just keep listening and following. HE will show you the right path, and it will bring Glory to HIM. HIS path is sometimes difficult, but there is a lot of joy and satisfaction on HIS Path. The world won't understand, but GOD'S Children will.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 119:105 NASB  Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the