Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:28:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  What are you doing? (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Praying to be usable and available..
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Praying to be usable and available..  (Read 9890 times)
Maryjane

View Profile
« on: June 07, 2007, 02:19:19 AM »

My grandmother told me to pray to be usable and available..For we never know where God will lead us...This is the sum of what I do...I am currently working on a CD for my children...It is called.."From Your Mother with Love"...I know it will not be easy in the days to come and many will fall away...so..I felt in my heart to leave them encouragement to go on no matter what...I am leaving it to them to listen to when I am in glory that they know I will see them there...

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 09:59:20 AM »

Amen, sister! There is no better inheritance to leave our children than that which we have inherited from our Godly father. I really like the idea of that CD.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 04:40:16 PM »

My grandmother told me to pray to be usable and available..For we never know where God will lead us...This is the sum of what I do...I am currently working on a CD for my children...It is called.."From Your Mother with Love"...I know it will not be easy in the days to come and many will fall away...so..I felt in my heart to leave them encouragement to go on no matter what...I am leaving it to them to listen to when I am in glory that they know I will see them there...

ANOTHER AMEN MARYJANE!

Sister, I think this is a very worthy prayer. Many of us suffer from illness and disability of various kinds. Many of us pray for each other every day that GOD will keep us usable and available. GOD gives proof each day that one doesn't have to be young, strong, and healthy to be fit for HIS Use. For the same reasons, we don't need a lot of money. All we have to do is yield, and GOD will work in and through us.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Philippians 1:27-28 NASB  Only conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or remain absent, I will hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel; in no way alarmed by your opponents--which is a sign of destruction for them, but of salvation for you, and that too, from God.

Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 04:46:54 PM »

Hi BEP..

The CD I am working on is the only valuable asset I have and that is to know the Lord and to walk with Him all the way though your life...for it is life...
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 05:32:14 PM »

Hi BEP..

The CD I am working on is the only valuable asset I have and that is to know the Lord and to walk with Him all the way though your life...for it is life...

Sister, this is a priceless treasure! I have things from my parents and grandparents that the world wouldn't give anything for, but I wouldn't take anything for them. I think immediately about the hand-written Bible study notes and worn out Bibles from my father and grandfather. I come from a large family with many pastors, missionaries, and strong Christians. I have been spoiled all of my life with strong Christians who loved me and taught me the things of the LORD. The inheritance isn't temporary, rather ETERNAL, and I give thanks every day for the timeless and priceless things of the LORD! Money and things of this world are NOTHING in comparison!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 4:7-8 NASB  "BLESSED ARE THOSE WHOSE LAWLESS DEEDS HAVE BEEN FORGIVEN, AND WHOSE SINS HAVE BEEN COVERED.  "BLESSED IS THE MAN WHOSE SIN THE LORD WILL NOT TAKE INTO ACCOUNT."

Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007, 05:52:05 PM »

Hi Pastor..

I accidently sent your post to BEP...re:CD...I can tell you I am so far from perfect...well...maybe I am a perfect klutz...

Hope everyone is enjoying a great day..

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2007, 06:19:46 PM »

Hi Pastor..

I accidently sent your post to BEP...re:CD...I can tell you I am so far from perfect...well...maybe I am a perfect klutz...

Hope everyone is enjoying a great day..

Aren't we all. It has been a wonderful day today.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Faithin1
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2007, 06:38:20 PM »

Maryjane, what a wonderful gesture of love.  Your children are truly blessed to have a mom who loves them enough to lead them to the Lord.  There is no greater inheritance for your children.  Material is temporary....God is eternal. 

Prv 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

Heb. 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 
faithgranny

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2007, 02:08:46 PM »

Wow Maryjane the is wonderful.  I write in journals and I pray in them also.  I have one that I use just for the family I live with and it is about Salvation and my prayers for my family here.  I want to see them in Heaven but they have to make the choice.
Pray for them too please.

Faithgranny
Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2007, 07:53:40 PM »

That's a wonderful thing for you and them!

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2007, 01:09:51 AM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I was just reading this beautiful thread again and reflecting on many precious truths. First, I give thanks that we don't have to be young, strong, healthy, or wealthy for GOD to use us. In fact, GOD is quite capable of using broken things for HIS Use. Just fill in the blank, "broken __________", and GOD can use it. In terms of mankind, we are all "broken", and only GOD can fix us.

I've heard many people ask about why GOD allows some sweet Christians to linger on in pain. Some think that GOD would have looked at their service and given them an easier trip home, but that wasn't HIS Will. I know the answer to this question now, and it makes perfect sense. Christians go home when GOD is ready for us to go home, and not a minute earlier. We've all mentioned children and grandchildren, so we can talk about them as an example. If Christians are still here, GOD still has work and a purpose for us. Maybe it's to witness one more time to a family member, a neighbor, or someone we don't even know. All we really need to know is "GOD'S Will be done." For Christians, our fight, race, and course is finished in this short life when GOD says it is. Until then, we need to be praying for HIS guidance and yielding to HIS Will.

Love In Christ,
Tom

1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 NASB  Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass.

John 15:15 NASB  "No longer do I call you slaves, for the slave does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you.

Philippians 1:27-28 NASB  Only conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or remain absent, I will hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel; in no way alarmed by your opponents--which is a sign of destruction for them, but of salvation for you, and that too, from God.

faithgranny

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2007, 10:49:59 AM »

Amen Brother Tom

Faithgranny
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the