Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 03:50:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Just For Women (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Mr. Right???
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mr. Right???  (Read 3711 times)
peachykeen

No, I really AM a llama

View Profile
« on: October 27, 2003, 03:22:38 PM »

I know this is something all you ladies have gone through or are going through (like myself) but I must ask the classic question, how on Earth did you find Mr. Right?  I know I'm young and high school is the "dating age," but I'm turning down relationships because I'm convinced that there is someone else out there that I should be waiting for.  Its silly really because I cannot be expected to find someone I will really love so early in life, but I'm still waiting for the sparks to fly with the right guy (rhyming not intended).  How do I know if God is making me wait for the perfect relationship, or if I am being stubborn and waiting for a man who will never show up?  How will I know who is the right guy?  Lol, sorry to be so adolecent, but I'm just wondering...

Do not be decieved,Wormwood.Our cause is never more in danger than when a human,no longer desiring,but still intending to do God's will,looks round upon a universe from which every trace of Him seems to have vanished,and asks why he has been forsaken,and still obeys.-CS Lewis,Screwtape
Andrea

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2003, 05:09:52 PM »

Dear Peachy,
It is my experience that truly loving God first, you will be led to the deep human love that you are hoping to find. Don't compromise your expectations for finding a Christian man. God does have someone in mind for you, and being "stubborn" won't be a cause for missing him. I believe love happens at many ages, there is no timetable... just Faith in Him, and that he wants you to have love in your life. And when it happens, the love will be greater than anything you can imagine! It is worth the wait!! Be patient! I promise I speak from experience.  Wink Best wishes. In His peace, A.
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2003, 06:09:45 AM »

I tell my wife, that if I was a women I would mary a guy just like me Smiley

Brother Love Smiley
« Last Edit: October 28, 2003, 06:12:20 AM by Brother Love » Logged

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2003, 07:14:04 AM »

I'm sorry I can't answer your question, Peachy...my only advice is, when you DO find Mr. Right, make sure his first name isn't "Always"!  Cool

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
KiwiChristian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2003, 02:21:32 AM »

Peachy, I met my husband when I first became Christian at the age of 24 years old.  When you meet someone, you just know in your heart if it is the man God has sent you or not.
Seeing as you are still young, please dont' be in too much of a hurry to settle down as it is good to travel and be where the Lord wants you to be before you have a husband and a family.  I know it is hard to explain but the God's timing is always perfect.  He will bring you the right Christian man in His time.

Willowbirch
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2003, 05:27:06 AM »

Peachy, I met my husband when I first became Christian at the age of 24 years old.  When you meet someone, you just know in your heart if it is the man God has sent you or not.
Seeing as you are still young, please dont' be in too much of a hurry to settle down as it is good to travel and be where the Lord wants you to be before you have a husband and a family.  I know it is hard to explain but the God's timing is always perfect.  He will bring you the right Christian man in His time.
Smiley Thank you, Kiwi!

Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2003, 11:46:41 PM »

I know this is something all you ladies have gone through or are going through (like myself) but I must ask the classic question, how on Earth did you find Mr. Right?  I know I'm young and high school is the "dating age," but I'm turning down relationships because I'm convinced that there is someone else out there that I should be waiting for.  Its silly really because I cannot be expected to find someone I will really love so early in life, but I'm still waiting for the sparks to fly with the right guy (rhyming not intended).  How do I know if God is making me wait for the perfect relationship, or if I am being stubborn and waiting for a man who will never show up?  How will I know who is the right guy?  Lol, sorry to be so adolecent, but I'm just wondering...

I'd introduce the guy to your parents and see what they say about him, if you like him. But maybe you don't, really, and that's the problem.

Unfortunately, there is no such thing as the perfect realtionship. No matter who you marry, it will be lots of work and you can't control what the other person is going to do. There are no guarantees in life. But if you put it in the Lord's hands and the other person is equally committed to doing so, I'm confident God is going to bless you with a wonderful relationship.

I know of a couple that met in school when we were all in ninth grade-and they never broke up. I know a lot of people who married their high school sweethearts.

You're wise to keep waiting on the Lord-He will direct your paths.  
Blessings to you,
Whitehorse

peachykeen

No, I really AM a llama

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2003, 10:59:39 PM »

Thanks Whitehorse!  You have given me a lot of insight.  I'm even becoming more open to waiting to date the right guy than I have ever been before.  Because we are human we are always demanding "now, now, now!!!" and it's hard to deny that instinct.  I've been praying for patience for "the right" boyfriend since I was in the 7th grade, and God grants me it every single time.  I know he's out there, and I'm waiting for him.  

PS-anyone heard "Waiting For You" by Rebecca St. James??? it's giving me the strength i have today, literally!

Do not be decieved,Wormwood.Our cause is never more in danger than when a human,no longer desiring,but still intending to do God's will,looks round upon a universe from which every trace of Him seems to have vanished,and asks why he has been forsaken,and still obeys.-CS Lewis,Screwtape
Hunibuni

I am searching for Truth

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2003, 04:33:03 PM »

As a single mother in my early twenties, I ended up in a place I thought I would never be, never say never. I was broken hearted, wounded and confused about everything from love to myself. I remember feeling like I had been cursed, the love of my life decided that he would be better off enjoying his twenties and decided to break off our engagement, and forsook the fact that we were with child. Well, to make a long story short, after first child I rebound' with a married man, had permission from the divorcing wife but that is another post all together. Anywho, I ended moving to North Carolina, stayed with family briefly after having my second child and moved into a trailor park infested with drugs and roaches, and drunks that liked to fight in the morning, and lets not even forget that I was working graveyard shift at the chicken plant that was located about two and a half hours from where I lived. Anyway, after leaving my two babies with people I didn't know and finding out that one was a crack head and the other a alcoholic, I decided that maybe welfare wasn't so bad at least until I could find adequate childcare.
Well to get to the point I sat on the barn fabric printed sofa and asked God to forgive me for everything all the way back to childhood. Then I prayed this prayer, "Lord I have made so many mistakes in my life and I don't want to make any more bad choices. You know who you want me to marry, and you know everything about them as you do me. Lord please bring us together in your timing I pray. Lord what I am asking you is for you to choose for me. In Jesus' Name amen". Shortly after that prayer I noticed a guy across the street from me, and began to notice that when ever he came home I would be at peace, we met about two months later, but I didn't think he was interested so I started hanging with his friend, surely this had to be the one, he had a home, nice car and we could talk about anything. One day after accepting the fact the man I looked at like a brother stopped me from running home to change clothes when the friend called him and said that he would be over, and said "I know that you are not running home to change clothes for another man". "I said yes I am now move" while walking back to my trailor I thought to myself "I think he might like me" I told a girl that lived with me at the time what had happened and she said "girl are you just realizing that he likes you" UH! Duh!
Then the Lord did something: On my way to work, well actually while waiting for my ride I was standing outside and the guy that liked me was there and so was the one who lived across the street, he was holding my baby and offered to take them to the babysitter ( a good one this time). A few minutes later there was a light around me (it is night) and everyone seems far away. Then I heard the Lord say " This is the one you want and literally turned my head toward the guy that I like, then He turned my head toward the one that stayed across the street from me and said "This is who you need" Messed me up for the rest of the night. As soon as I got to work I called and asked him how did he feel about me and did he want to be in a relationship with me. He said he cared alot about me and that he did want for us to be together. Needless to say I found out that he had prayed a similar prayer around the same time that I did and the only reason why I had to move to that aweful place was because my husband was across the street. There is more to this story but I don't want to bore you.
peachykeen

No, I really AM a llama

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2003, 09:21:24 PM »

boring!!?? hardly!  It sounds like you've been through A LOT but God is still there for you.  That is so amazing how he pointed you to the right man.  It is really a true blessing, I'm happy for you!  

Willowbirch
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2003, 07:43:33 AM »

Thank you, Hunibuni!

LMarsh

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2003, 04:42:58 PM »

Yay Hunibuni!  I was rooting for you through your whole post!
I'm glad the Lord showed you His will....he is an Amazing God!!
Hallelujah!
God Bless,
LMarsh
Tameka Norris

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2004, 09:00:58 AM »

Hey peachykeen,

I think what you're doing by waiting is great. In my experience the best matchmaking happens when we turn our backs and forget about falling in love, then God can really take hold of the situation and match you up with the right person at the right time.

I never had any romantic interests in high school and I thank God for it. And because I waited God sent me my best friend who ended up being my Mr. Right. And He did it when I was least expecting it. We were friends first. Actually I found him irritating at first... but it's funny who you fall in love with.  

I actually wrote an article when I was running another website on what I think are some smart things to keep in mind to avoid meeting. Mr. Wrong who looks like Mr. Right. Or what we all call "Mr. Almost Right."

If you're ever interested in reading it just email me (forum@free-christian-screen-savers.com) and I'll be happy to send it to you. I'm running another website now and I'll probably post it on there shortly. It may not be the best article but I think it exposes a few hidden elements of what can easily be overlooked.

I found I was lucky as I was growing up. I was never taught much about watching out for the wrong man. I was very blessed. I was overweight in school and not many men were interested in men. So that kept me out of harms way so to speak, but had the circumstance been different I might've acted irrationally when I was in school and I wouldn't have such a good story to tell.

So I like to remember that God took advantage of that situation and then gave me the smarts to wise up about it all when things got better for me

Christian Teen Advice
http://www.teen-haven.net

"I don't understand myself at all, for I really want to do what is right, but I don't do it. Instead, I do the very thing I hate." --Rom 7:15
Tameka Norris

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2004, 09:06:32 AM »

I was overweight in school and not many men were interested in men.

Oops... Grin That was a bit of a blooper. Haha. I meant not many men were interested in me.

Lol.

Christian Teen Advice
http://www.teen-haven.net

"I don't understand myself at all, for I really want to do what is right, but I don't do it. Instead, I do the very thing I hate." --Rom 7:15
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2004, 03:27:56 PM »

not many men were interested in men.

Well, lets hope not Grin

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the