Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:39:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286809 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Victory Every time!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Victory Every time!  (Read 736 times)
holypursuit

View Profile
« on: June 04, 2007, 02:29:04 PM »

Read: 2 Samuel 5: 17-25                                  Victory Every Time !

“This also cometh forth from the LORD of hosts, which is wonderful in counsel, and  excellent in working.” Isa. 28:29

It is so important that we include God in every decision we make. In our reading today we see how David enquired of God before going out in battle against the Philistines. It is so important to know if God be with you in a venture, decision, journey etc. that you plan to make. To assume that He is with you in this decision just because He did so the last time is foolishness. A humble person will include God in the decisions that he makes. To fear God is to revere Him, to revere Him is the beginning of wisdom. “The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding ” Prov.9:10 Without understanding and knowledge we are set up for defeat. Solomon writes, “Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.” Prov. 4:7

When David went out against the Philistines the first time, God assured him of victory. David was successful in driving them away. Now the enemy was back again with reinforcements. They came in the same way, in the same place and with the same intent. David did not presume on Gods help with him and proceed into battle against them a second time. Instead, he enquired of God and God gave him a different method and strategy to attack the Philistines. The method God gave you the last time might not be the method He chooses this time. Seek God’s counsel! “There are many devices in a man's heart; nevertheless the counsel of the LORD, that shall stand.” Prov.19:21

If David had gone on ahead without the instruction from God he would have been defeated. Although God had promised David that he would be successful the first time, it seemed like the enemy had reappeared. David’s first encounter with the Philistines was when he defeated Goliath. Now he was facing them again and again. The Lord promised David that He would go before them and strike the enemy. Although they came with reinforcements this time, God also sent forth heavenly armies to wage war. It was the sound of this host in the mulberry bushes that gave David the sign of Gods help. This time they would be completely defeated.

What are the ‘Goliaths” in your life? What is that thing in your life which seems to keep returning to challenge you and your freedom? Even if they gather in numbers against you be confident that God and all of heaven backs you. Say along with David, “Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.” Ps. 27:3.  Ask God for help. Listen and obey His instruction to you. God is interested in your victory every time! “There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it .”1 Cor.10:13

Every time you are challenged you are gaining victory, and growing stronger in the Lord. Every victory is leading to the annihilation of that enemy that has challenged you and pursued you. When that enemy is dealt with the last time it will be the final blow and the Lord himself will fight for you in this. Be encouraged!

“Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.”

2 Kings 6:16

def
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 03:15:12 PM »

thank you very much Holypursuit,you are right on time for your message to me,God is good God is great God is faithful.Hollowed be His Name..Victory belong to God ..with Jesus Christ my Savior I am hidden in God.and nothing shall offend me.Coverd by Christ Jesus my lord and savior now and forever.thank you for sharing you have help me tremendously..love in Jesus.Def
Holy Spokes

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 09:16:21 AM »

Dear holypursuit,

Thank you for this wonderful message! Smiley

As long as we are sure He is with us in a decision, as you have mentioned here, He is with us in every way.  He will defeat our/His enemies.  If he gives us instructions/directions or a mission, He will protect us and will keep us safe!

Our freedom is important.  It is dependent upon releasing our faith and staying within His will for our lives!  Amen!

This is a glorious and a triumphant message you bring to us today!

I, for one, rejoice in these truths!  Hallelujah! Grin

Let us have a blessed day in Him!

~Your Sister In Christ~

holypursuit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2007, 07:13:48 AM »

Amen! The Lord be praised! Thank you for your responses Def and Holy Spokes! God Bless You!
Ann
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the