Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:46:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Where Have All The Children Gone?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where Have All The Children Gone?  (Read 2888 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2007, 11:40:20 AM »

I do not disagree that churches should be more inclined to minister to children as well as adults. Unfortunately many churches are going by the wayside in the aspects of all things concerning the Lord. If you cannot find a church that is more suitable then it falls completely to you. Is it hard, of course it is. I will say again it is ultimately our responsibility as parents to begin with and it is the parents that will be held accountable. This does not mean that we as parents will be accountable if our children do not accept the Lord but rather if we did nothing to insure that they were properly taught to begin with.

I pray that you have a good day at work.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
islandboy
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2007, 06:09:52 PM »

The way our world is going it might be some churches are afraid to cater to young people and small children. A person's reputation can be ruined in a instant by a wrongful accusation by a child or parent.
Also it is sometimes hard to get older teens to listen and learn, as well as, keeping in tune with the short attention span most young children have. I still remember the colorful  bible picture books and stories that we had in Sunday School and Vacation Bible School. We would read the stories out loud and could relate to the pictures, as the teacher explained the lessons. I think sometimes to much is put toward entertainment instead of good ole reading and learning, and listening and praying together.

Be not weary in your serving; Do your best for those in need; Kindness will be rewarded by the Lord who prompts the deed.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2007, 11:45:06 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

It's really a matter of looking for the right church that can fill your needs. Regardless, nothing relieves the parents of the ultimate responsibility of bringing children up in the ways of the LORD. Sunday School is every day for Christian parents, with or without the support of a church.

Love In Christ,
Tom

angel

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2007, 02:15:55 AM »

thankyou pastor roger i had a good day at work although tiring as i have only been home about an hour. .

while i agree that some are worried about being with children as there is the possibility of false alegations being made ther rules are strict that 2 people have to be in a room, 2 adults that is, to prevent things like this happning.  the nearest church to that has a sunday school is quite a distance away and it is hard to do that trip every week when not only is it the distance but the fact that often i am home after working a night shift at a weekend and the last thing i want to be doing is driving from a safety point of view.

island boy i can remember my sunday school as well and it sounds like mine was similar to yours even tho it seems many years ago.  i do what i can with regards to my children and i hope that i lead by example  in my daily life but at the end of the day it will be their choice.

at work we always have a family service which everyone is invited to attend, from restbite care residents to daily residents and their families if they want to as well.  this we have once a week as we believe that even tho many have handicaps in different forms they are all loved in both our eyes and the lords as well

love to you all.  please excuse me while i go rest.

jo

look in your heart and know that the lord is always with you
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the