Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:56:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Ron Paul Speech--Constitution vs Statism
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ron Paul Speech--Constitution vs Statism  (Read 2086 times)
cheryljones
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2007, 10:18:17 PM »

Dreamweaver,

I am not sure what you mean...do you think God is behind all this?  I attempted to give an overview of God in history in a few paragraphs, so I am not sure what you mean.

Yes, obey God rather than man.  But to disobey the Constitution in preference of secular, conventional, politically correct and popular thinking is not obeying God.  The Constitution is the highest law of the land created under God's guidance.  Did the Lord tell you it is out of date?
cheryljones
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2007, 10:22:10 PM »

Pastor Roger,

For your further study:

« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 10:28:13 PM by Pastor Roger » Logged
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2007, 10:45:12 PM »

Cherly you know what Franklin D. Roosvelt did to the Constitution. 

On March 9, 1937, Franklin Roosevelt, in a national radio address, announced his support for legislation that would allow the President to appoint a new Justice for every sitting Justice over the age of 70.  Transparently, he cited a concern over the Court's workload rather than its ideological tenor as justification for his decision.  The President received warm backing from some of his closest aides, such as Felix Frankfurter, and from liberal journals nationally. But the secrecy with which he had launched his campaign alienated traditional allies, including some of the Senate's strongest progressive voices.  A Senate debate of 168 days over the measure began.

Until 1937, the Justice had found virtually every major New Deal program unconstitutional. Yet, in the aftermath of FDR's campaign to increase the size of the Supreme Court, Roberts suddenly reversed course, joining with Chief Justice Charles Evans Hughes and the court's three most liberal members to ensure that the Court would not strike down critical elements of the New Deal, such as the Wagner Act and the Social Security Act.  Thus FDR's scheme to pack the Court, although in itself unsuccessful, applied enough political pressure to end the Court's hostility to the New Deal. Legal liberalism, meanwhile, took from the constitutional crisis a conviction that the Court should defer to legislative initiatives on economic questions and focus instead on using the judiciary as a bastion to protect individual rights.

Basically what Roosvelt did was to dis-miss the Constitution, through his "New Deal" act.  Do you know the land you own, doesn't belong to you but the treasury dept.

Just as we can thank Clinton for trying to by-pass the Senate, on treaties he signed.  Senate's refusal to ratify his various United Nations treaties, Bill Clinton is arrogantly trying to bypass the Senate by signing international agreements to implement them anyway. Each one cedes more U.S. sovereignty to some global organization.

Clinton knows that his proposed United Nations Convention (treaty) on the Rights of the Child will never be ratified by the Senate because it would be a codification of Hillary's plan to put the global "village" in charge of raising children instead of parents. So Clinton made an end-run around that obstacle by going to the UN in New York and signing two protocols to the unratified Convention on the Rights of the Child.

While in Cologne, Germany, on June 20, 1999, Clinton announced that he and then-Russian President Boris Yeltsin had agreed to negotiate amendments to the 1972 Anti-Ballistic Missile (ABM) Treaty. This was a follow-up to the "Memorandum of Understanding" on the 1972 ABM Treaty signed by Secretary of State Madeleine Albright on September 26, 1997.

This charade is a dishonest attempt to manufacture a new treaty that takes the decision about defending America against a missile attack away from Congress and cedes it to foreign countries, something that the Senate would never approve. Clinton is using the ploy of these new executive agreements to try to resuscitate the now-moribund 1972 ABM Treaty, which is actually null and void because the Soviet Union no longer exists.

Everything about this treaty-bypass ploy is hurtful to the United States. Clinton is pretending that the successors to the former Soviet Union are only four states, Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan and Ukraine, but the remaining 11 countries of the former Soviet Union would be free to develop and deploy ABM systems.

Clinton told the United Nations General Assembly on September 22, 1997 that he wants to take America into a "web of institutions and arrangements" that will set "the international ground rules for the 21st century." Unable to get the advice and consent of the Senate, he usied his last few months to try to bypass the Constitution and do it anyway he could..

I could go on, and on, but I won't do that.  I believe and trust only God, He is the only one who can do right.  For all men and women fall short in the Glory of God.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2007, 11:00:55 PM »

I asked questions because you jumped in with an obvious and sole agenda. You didn't even have time to introduce yourself, say hello, or do anything else.

Further, it appears that you think most Christians must be pretty stupid and need someone with higher intelligence to think for them. We get a bunch of folks like that near every single election - then they go away until the next election.

The news is that most Christians are very intelligent people and are quite capable of thinking for themselves and making informed choices. Many political campaigns and those working for politicians will be here in fairly large numbers as the election draws nearer, and most of them will suffer with the same thoughts you do. We don't need anyone to educate us, and we aren't the great unwashed masses with low IQs. Those who come here to teach us are many times in much greater need of teaching than we are.

AND - WOW! - What could we say about some of the political candidates? It's pretty sad so far, and I wouldn't help them get elected to dog catcher. Most of the time it isn't very bright for those involved in the campaign to brag about how smart they are. There are always people in the audience "smarter" than they are.

We can all get whatever information we want to about any candidate running. We can also get whatever we want about anyone working for them. Most of us actually have indoor plumbing, electricity, and running water. I know this is a surprise to many politicians and the people working for them.

Now - I need to repeat something you've already been told. You will need to take any other Ron Paul campaign material elsewhere and pay the customary advertising fees. NO MORE HERE!

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2007, 11:30:44 PM »

Topic Locked

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the