Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:16:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286800 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  You Offend Me So I'm Going To Sue
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: You Offend Me So I'm Going To Sue  (Read 875 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« on: May 29, 2007, 10:45:48 AM »

Woman offended by 'Don't get drunk' advice
Says doctor's instructions were 'to humiliate'

A woman's formal complaint – filed with the city of Denver – alleges she was hurt and humiliated by instructions from an emergency room doctor that she should not get drunk and hurt herself.

The complaint stemmed from an incident that developed when a 34-year-old mother of two, Karin Howe of Littleton, was riding in a rickshaw in Denver's trendy Lower Downtown district, and stood up and fell back onto a sidewalk, where she hit her head and was knocked out, according to a report by CBS Channel 4 television.

She had been partying with friends, and appeared to have been drinking just before the accident. Documents obtained by the television station showed her blood alcohol level measured 0.216 percent after the accident, and that Howe was uncooperative with emergency response personnel and was tied down.

Howe, according to hospital records obtained by the station, was "acutely intoxicated," but then also suffered from the comments from Dr. Yadavinder Sooch, who instructed that she should no longer "get drunk and fall, causing harm to your head or body."

The woman's complaint said such comments constituted "substandard treatment," and were "outrageous discharge instructions," according to the report from CBS 4 News investigator Brian Maas.

A spokeswoman for Denver Health Medical Center told Maas that a threatened lawsuit over the situation had been resolved but no details were available.

However, the television report said the woman had to wait five hours to be treated in the emergency room, and then the doctor did not order X-rays, an MRI or other types of tests to determine a head injury.

She reported that Sooch treated a cut on her head and then prescribed Tylenol, adding these instructions: "Do not abuse alcohol. Do not get drunk and fall causing harm to your head or body. Apologize to your family, friends and [emergency department] faculty for your extremely inappropriate behavior and rudeness while intoxicated. Be a great mother to your kids."

The television station's report said Howe later was treated for a hairline skull fracture and closed head injury, and another doctor who was asked by Howe's lawyer to evaluate her case concluded the comments were "intentionally cruel and hurtful."

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 02:48:55 PM »

If you ask me... all I would have to say is the "Truth hurts don't it?"

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 03:04:52 PM »

That would be a well deserved comment.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Faithin1
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 03:03:02 PM »

Our country has gone too far with the frivolous lawsuits.  Anytime a judge sues a drycleaner for 65 million for a lost pair of pants, you know things have gotten out of control.

Heb. 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the