Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:05:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  4 Year Olds Are Smarter than You
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 4 Year Olds Are Smarter than You  (Read 2865 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« on: May 17, 2007, 10:40:07 PM »

4 Year Olds Are Smarter than You

Do you have the mind of a *really* smart adult (as in a Top Professional!)...or...do you have the mind of a 4 year old?

Well, it probably depends on the time of day and what sort of mood you're in, but one way to find out is to take the quiz below.

Remember to think of an answer before you check out the correct response!

Question #1: How do you put a giraffe in a fridge?

Wait for it....

Correct answer: Open the fridge, put the giraffe in, and close the door.

This question was a test of whether or not you have a tendency to do simple things in a needlessly complicated way.

Question #2: How do you put an elephant in a fridge?

Again...wait for it...

Incorrect answer: Open the fridge, put the elephant in, and close the fridge.

Correct answer: Open the fridge, take the giraffe out, put the elephant in, and close the fridge.

This question was a test of your ability to understand the consequences of your actions (i.e. the giraffe filling the fridge, and therefore having to be removed before the elephant could be put in).

Question #3: The Lion, King of the animals, has called a conference of animals. All the animals are expected to attend. Which animal will not be attending?

If I didn't mention it...wait for it...

Correct answer: The elephant.

Why? The elephant is still in the fridge.

This question was a test of your memory.

Question #4: There is a river which you have to cross. However, the waters are crocodile infested. How will you cross?

Last time! Wait for it...

Correct answer: Swim across.

Why? The crocodiles are at the animal conference.

This question was a test of your ability to learn from your mistakes.

What does this have to do with my original question? Well, according to Anderson Consulting Worldwide, approximately 90% of professionals (really smart adults) tested, answered all the questions incorrectly.

However, most of the children below school age answered at least some of the questions correctly. So logically speaking, maybe it's better to approach life with the mentality of a 4 year old? Not, obviously, in terms of behavior (Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy!!!) - rather in terms of breaking things down to their simplest form, understanding the consequences, remembering the outcomes, and learning from our mistakes.

This is especially true when it comes to one of the core beliefs of Christianity called the Trinity. It is core because if you take it out of Christianity, you don't have Christianity any more...you have a cult. I think cults formed out of people taking the "quiz" about the Trinity and approaching it with an adult mind instead of the faith of a child. So let's take a slightly different version of our quiz to help you understand the simplest most complicated parts of being a Christian...depending on how you look at it.

Question #1: How do you define the Trinity?

Correct answer: One God...Three Persons

No need to make this any more complicated, folks. There aren't 3 gods, just one. The One God expresses Himself in the Persons of the Father, the Son, and The Holy Spirit. Remember, just because you don't 'get it' doesn't mean it isn't true. I don't get mullets, but take me to any NASCAR event and I'll show you they exist.

Question #2: How do you experience the Trinity?

Incorrect answer: Open your brain and try to figure out how something that apparently contradicts can be true.

Correct answer: Open your brain, take out your limited human understanding, and accept by faith what the Bible clearly lays out as truth.

One of the consequences for accepting the Biblical truth about the Trinity is connecting with the One True God on three different levels. Think about it. You have a Father...not a distant or angry or too busy or even absent father, but a perfect and loving Daddy who is always available and will never ever leave you or forsake you. You also have a Friend named Jesus, who has experienced every trial and temptation you'll ever face, and also who gave up His life so He could spend eternal life with you! And finally, you have a Fan. The Person of the Holy Spirit lives inside you, encouraging and empowering you to live the Christian life in victory. He even prays on your behalf when you don't know what to say (see Romans Cool.

Question #3: The Devil, Ruler of this present world, has called a conference on shame and loneliness. All the humans are expected to attend. Which humans will not be attending?

Correct answer: The Christians who have experienced the Trinity.

Why? Remember? Your past is forgiven, your present is loved, and your future is secure! Don't let Satan suck you back in to the "pre-Trinity" way of thinking and feeling.

Question #4: There is a life mission you need to complete. However, the years will be enemy infested. How will you cross?

Correct answer: Trust in God.

Why? You can go through life with the "tribe" of the Trinity at your side. When Satan whispers "you are alone," you whisper "I have a Father." When he says "you are guilty," you say "I have a Friend." When he shouts "you are a failure," you shout "I have a Fan!"

So maybe having the mind of a 4 year old isn't so bad after all...especially when it comes to seeing God as He truly is: One God...Three Persons. In fact, I think Jesus saw this "quiz" coming 2000 years ago, which is why He said this:

I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it. (Mark 10:15)

That's a quiz I definitely want to pass...how about you?
Head: What you need to know about this truth

The Trinity (One God... Three Persons - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) is a core belief of Christianity. In fact, one of the defining characteristics of a religious cult is that they deny the Trinity.
Heart: What you need to feel about this truth

There are so many feelings that this truth should stir up. A sense of belonging, a purpose in life, a feeling of forgiveness, a reassurance of being loved and accepted...and on and on. In fact, I think negative feelings about life sometimes come from a poor understanding and/or lack of belief in the Trinity. Ponder that one for a bit and see if you agree.
Hands: What you need to do about this truth

I think God let us in on His nature (The Trinity) not so we could fry our brains, but so we could connect our souls. God has revealed Himself as Father, Son and Holy Spirit so we could relate to Him on ever deepening levels. Jot a note of thanksgiving to God for letting us in on this mind-blowing and life-changing truth!

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the