Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:19:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  I am just lost
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I am just lost  (Read 5521 times)
islandboy
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2007, 09:46:34 AM »

I think it is only human that we immediately think we are somehow to blame or doing something wrong, enough that God's words and a feeling of him being with us is not there. But our Lord is always there. He never leaves us. But he does sometimes step back and not answer, not to abandon us as we think, but to remind us of how much we need Him. In our day-to-day lives we often get caught up with handling everything that happens by our self's. We think we have a remedy for everything and everybody. We tell ourselves what a great job we have done and forget sometimes that the Lord had his hand in the outcome. Then suddenly as we are cruising along at high speed, we lose momentum and we feel an emptiness that wasn't there before. This is the time to go in prayer and thanksgiving in praise for what the Lord has done in our lives. Do not be sad, do not feel he has left you. He is gently reminding you that you need him. I have been there. Just give praises onto him and you will begin to feel all your prayers have been answered. And remember he our heavenly Father, loves you and will never leave you.

Be not weary in your serving; Do your best for those in need; Kindness will be rewarded by the Lord who prompts the deed.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2007, 02:56:20 PM »

I think it is only human that we immediately think we are somehow to blame or doing something wrong, enough that God's words and a feeling of him being with us is not there. But our Lord is always there. He never leaves us. But he does sometimes step back and not answer, not to abandon us as we think, but to remind us of how much we need Him. In our day-to-day lives we often get caught up with handling everything that happens by our self's. We think we have a remedy for everything and everybody. We tell ourselves what a great job we have done and forget sometimes that the Lord had his hand in the outcome. Then suddenly as we are cruising along at high speed, we lose momentum and we feel an emptiness that wasn't there before. This is the time to go in prayer and thanksgiving in praise for what the Lord has done in our lives. Do not be sad, do not feel he has left you. He is gently reminding you that you need him. I have been there. Just give praises onto him and you will begin to feel all your prayers have been answered. And remember he our heavenly Father, loves you and will never leave you.

AMEN and AMEN BROTHER!

mississippi_jesus_chic

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2007, 11:50:43 PM »

Once before I had a big scare somewhat like this.  One day I just woke up and all of the sudden I felt like God had just completely left me.  I went to school and I just couldn't understand how I had been living the way I was living.  I am usually very positive and everything, but I couldn't do it.  I thought that I had messed up bad.  I prayed and prayed and prayed some more.  I thought I had done something terrible and God had just completely left me.  I was scared.  After about a week everything cleared up and I guess went back to normal.  I think that God was just using that to show me how far I had come and how much I had changed.  I had only been saved for about a year at the time.  That experience really showed me how far I had come from what I used to be. 

I don't think this is the same thing though.  I can still feel God, but I feel like I am just living in a daze sometimes.  I can watch something on tv, hear something, read something, or anything and never catch any of it.  I am always just off in my own little world.  I do have a problem with trying to be too independent though.  I don't want to let anyone do anything for me.  I want everyone to know that I can do it myself.  I am working on that.  I need to start just letting God work things out for me.  I just wish I knew what was going on.

Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.     Joshua 1:9
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2007, 02:54:58 AM »

I do have a problem with trying to be too independent though.  I don't want to let anyone do anything for me.  I want everyone to know that I can do it myself. 

Sister, that is your problem that you have..............  In order for God to really work, you have to give yourself completely to Him.  Until you do that, you will have these feelings you have. Please see the verses I have posted below for you.   I will be praying for you sister.

Acts 16:30-32 And he brought them out [of the dungeon] and said, Men, what is it necessary for me to do that I may be saved? 31 And they answered, Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ [give yourself up to Him, take yourself out of your own keeping and entrust yourself into His keeping] and you will be saved, [and this applies both to] you and your household as well. 32 And they declared the Word of the Lord [the doctrine concerning the attainment through Christ of eternal salvation in the kingdom of God] to him and to all who were in his house.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the