Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:59:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286777 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  What are you doing? (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  High Noon
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: High Noon  (Read 7597 times)
tony

Your Brother in Christ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2004, 09:56:46 AM »

Here's a link with a bunch of pictures of people in public with signs or t shirts.....   http://www.streetpreaching.com/pics/pictures2.htm
Nice website recommendation Onestar!!!
I checked it out and there was something about those images... people sacrificing their time, money, and energy to share the gospel...  Made me think about a local group I heard singing when I took a summer walk last year.  I could hear the singing from a distance, but could see no one.  Eventually, I could make out the words of the songs.  Thought there was possibly a gospel concert going on and I decided to swing by after running my errands... Upon a closer inspection I discovered that they were no longer singing but now sharing their testimonies while others were handing out pamphlets... I sat down on a bench that was probably 200 ft. away from where they were... yes, I was eves dropping...  Setting on the bench I began to think about what these people were doing... It was a Saturday--so many, if not all of them, were taking their time--our most prized commodity--and using it--not for recreation--not to earn additional money--but instead to share their faith with others...   In a caring way they shared their personal stories and handed out the pamphlets accompanied by a friendly smile.  They appeared to be friendly and approachable, people I would trust.  In no way, were they confrontive, or abrasive, nor did they “force” anyone into a conversation/debate.  As I headed back home I took just a moment to speak with one of the young men, who was about my age, and told him that, "God appreciates what you’re doing here, that you’re taking your time off to work for the benefit of others... may God abundantly bless your ministry". Smiley

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2004, 08:43:45 PM »

'Really good point, tony...
tony

Your Brother in Christ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2004, 09:16:43 AM »

Thank you Symphony...  :)it feels good knowing someone has taken a moment to read my posting...
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2004, 05:23:03 PM »

Hm.  Well, that was, let's see, seven months ( 'mos'  Grin) ago.

It appears now I may get to make a public address - by invitation.  No action yet.  Just an intimation.

I know Jesus warns us not to think what we should say in that hour.

Still, just starting to think how it might go, what I might say, for His glory, and to say the relevant thing, the appropriate thing, the suitable scripture.

I literally would, be walking right into the "belly of the beast" - literally.  As with anywhere else, no stones would be left unturned to see that I paid for being so audacious, or incisive, or daring.

I've been invited before, but not since I became outspoken.  But since I've been quiet for sometime now, it's possible I'll be asked again - and right into the middle of an unsuspecting enclave.

It's funny, but if we really are "walking the talk", it just makes sense that that will be sensed by those about us - and either a friend or foe mentality then takes over.

Nevertheless, you want to be appropriate, accurate, fair, loving, but pulling no punches.  

So I don't know how I would do it, or what I would say.

Likely, though, I would begin with a word of prayer, in Jesus' name, and I would pray about all the strife, and the recent losses for some.  I think that would set the proper tone.  I think I would pray for a modest and healthy respect for what the Lord has given us in His holy scripture.

But it certainly catch many off balance, and therefore, with repercussions.

It's interesting, though, how to 'navigate' such schoals.  Deadly and dangerous, to be sure.

So we have to be walking by the Spirit, every moment.
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2004, 09:59:03 PM »

It's easy to watch High Noon's Marshal Kane(Gary Cooper), as he is left to take on the stalking enemy alll by himself - even his deputy, and all of his 'friends' ( save for an ambitious 14-year-old), abandon him.

But how is it to be Marshal Kane??

It's easy to talk about Jesus Christ?

But how is it to be Jesus Christ?

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2004, 12:32:24 AM »

Hello Symphony,

It's also easy for your brothers, sisters, and friends to give you advice about what to do and how to do it, but you will be the one doing it.

I would simply say that I know you will pray about this and do what you feel led to do. So, I'll pray that God guides and directs you.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2004, 09:04:40 AM »

Yes, we each have to walk in our own moccasins.

Some things were set in motion years ago - partially deliberately on my part - that give me a little scoop on the inside workings of things -- i.e, how people really think, how they make their decisions, what their priorities are.  But, like working in intelligence, it requires you, too, being a 'part'.  I.e., the trick, is gathering the necessary information, while leaving yourself unscathed.

I'm not so sure that's wise.  The main risk is your emotions.  You may make it through unscathed, but your own emotions are rarely unaffected.  And later on, they can sneak up and grab you, and there you are, a casualty - and in some ways, a casualty of your own making.

Little wonder that Jesus said, "...Let them alone.  They be blind guides..."

So wisdom would say to stay away from them at all costs - these would be the movers and shakers of virtually any community setting, as far as I can see.

In a way, my involvements are unavoidable - but foreseeably, they do have resolution, or an end in sight, albeit not immediate sight.

So it means having a Herculean command of one's own emotions.

That's the whole trick in all of this - your own emotions, and not re-acting to what others are saying, or doing.  Acting is okay; but not 're'-acting.  

The only way I know to have a Herculean command of your own emotions, is to not have those emotions at all.  And the only way I know not to have thos emotions, is to have that meekness or humility before the Almighty.  And of course, that only he can give.

Going up against these people - or rather, in the midst of them, that is, 'into the belly of the beast', is formidable, to say the least.  The friendliest, nicest in all the world - sometimes patient to a fault.  But only as long as you are in agreement with them.  If they find out you are not in agreement with them, you will suddenly find yourself "disinvited".  And largely, or increasingly, I think this is applying to public events.

It's no different from going up before the Sanhedrin.  They would never tolerate you being "the Son of God", or, perhaps in our case, 'having the mind of Christ' - as I believe Paul intimates.

Jesus is no more welcome now, than He was in the days of the Roman Colisseum, and throwing the Christians to the lions.

There's a seeming bloodthirstiness in the air, with only a growing crescendo, to my mind.  I think America is increasingly becoming bloodthirsty, for anyone who disagrees with the infiltrated majority.  

I was watching my kitten munch last night on a baby chipmunk she'd caught.  You didn't dare stick your finger down close to where this was happening.  

That's how we're becoming - beastial.   Increasingly insatiable appetites for the next dominating victory, but it's all laced with beastial sorts of commentary, people muttering under the breaths, or to one another, profanity, and in the circles of 'movers and shakers'.  So you can only guess what going on at night, behind the scenes, and what's going on under the table.

But much of the conflicts of interest are done baldly, in broad daylight.  And no one sees the conflicts.   Or maybe they are pretending.  

"Let us walk circumspectly, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of the time, because the days are evil."  Eph. 5:15.

But again, just a few verses earlier:

"Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them." Eph. 5:11

And that's what I'm wanting to do - expose them.  

Hmm.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2004, 05:55:29 PM »

Symphony,

I don't believe in coincidence. I have a stack of pages with portions of Scripture kept next to my computer. I would like to share the ones currently on top because they relate to your post.

Psalms 150:6  Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD.

Isaiah 5:20  Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Isaiah 14:12  How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

Isaiah 26:3  Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

Isaiah 30:17  One thousand shall flee at the rebuke of one; at the rebuke of five shall ye flee: till ye be left as a beacon upon the top of a mountain, and as an ensign on an hill.

Isaiah 30:21  And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.

Isn't the WORD OF GOD awesome!!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2004, 11:19:08 PM »

Yes, bep, that is certainly true.  Thank you.  

It is unfolding with some 'possibilities', and some indicators.  Some good things may come of it.

Yes, that is what I must be focusing on.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the