Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:26:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  A debate
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A debate  (Read 2585 times)
HimAll4

Trust and Obey

View Profile
« on: May 03, 2007, 07:47:47 PM »

Since this is going to be a debate, I thought this would be the place to post the link for information about it.  I read about it on another Christian site I'm on, and it looks like it would be interesting to watch.  It's in just two days!

http://www.christiannewswire.com/news/385522925.html

When we can soar like the eagles, why do we insist on hiding like the moles?
ibTina
Gold Member

Keep your eyes on JESUS!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 11:05:15 AM »

"But," Comfort continued, "there is something more sinister here than a few people not believing in God. Why would so many be so bitter against Christianity in particular? Why aren't they making videos that blaspheme Buddha or Mohammed or Ghandi?

I guess I never really thought about this before, that Atheist target Christians and not the other religions. Very interesting. The Devil won't do or have a need to fight/defeat himself ....but only the TRUTH!

Pastor Art

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 03:08:03 PM »

I would like to inject here another line of thought. This debate is important! For the most part I like what Ray and Kirk do. As far as this debate goes we need to take a sober view of its outcome - potential outcome.

We serve  the Creator - Yahweh (Father Son Holy Spirit or as I like to say -Abba Ben Rauch) who we understand to be logical. Therefore debate can bring about a ‘God exists’ conclusion revealing intelligence - power outside the “normal” of this life. However, to jump from a “Devine” being to the "God of Scripture" is not necessarily a one step connection. He Himself shows us evidence of this through His giving us revelation of Himself first in word - Scripture, then in deed - Jesus; Colossians 1:15-20 & 2:9.

Let us say the debaters concede, understanding through the logic of persuasion that they must recognize a “god figure”. Which one? What claims are reality - truth - consistent with the just realized conclusion? There is more to Christian reality then the mere existence of Deity, after all Romans 1:19-20 was written to give evidence of that. Paul continues to explain glory exchange is the issue - god worship by those who understand that deity exists  but who have stopped “ asking seeking knocking” Matt.7:7 and settled for the glory of nature are ‘almost persuaded’ as King Agrippa indicated to Paul in Acts16:28. This still leaves them without Yahweh in this world outside the commonwealth, strangers, and without God, Eph.2:12 & Colo.1:9f.

Will Ray convince those who will face him? That remains to be seen, however whatever the outcome entering into The Kingdom comes through the choice of commitment and not through persuasion alone. Prayer and more prayer for the souls who will hear will lay a foundation.

Pastor Art   
HimAll4

Trust and Obey

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 03:36:25 PM »

Good point, Art.

There really is no way, that I am aware of, to prove to this world who is so stuck in "logic" the reality of a Saviour and the faith that is required in Him.  That takes spiritual discernment, apart from the physical.

I do think this will be interesting, though, regardless of the outcome.

"He who has ears to hear, let him hear."  "He who has eyes to see let him see."

HimAll4

Trust and Obey

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 04:15:36 PM »

Update on the upcoming debate:

http://app.bronto.com/public/?q=message_preview&fn=Key&type=tracking&id=agqtrwieobtwukugaztixnwwrmzrbgj&link=bfxiwqczoswbixbjvkmrirjrhooobon

ibTina
Gold Member

Keep your eyes on JESUS!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2007, 05:54:18 PM »

So how did this go? Did anyone get to see this?

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2007, 06:07:13 PM »

I didn't see it but the update link above said it will be on their web site this Wendesday, May 9th for those that didn't get to see it on TV.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Joyfilled

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2007, 09:41:46 AM »

Since this is going to be a debate, I thought this would be the place to post the link for information about it.  I read about it on another Christian site I'm on, and it looks like it would be interesting to watch.  It's in just two days!

http://www.christiannewswire.com/news/385522925.html

No one curses Buddha, Allah, Krishna, etc., but most people curse Christ. That just shows that everyone knows that Jesus is Lord because they know who has power over them.  Cheesy
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2007, 09:44:57 AM »

No one curses Buddha, Allah, Krishna, etc., but most people curse Christ. That just shows that everyone knows that Jesus is Lord because they know who has power over them.  Cheesy

Amen!

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2007, 02:22:24 AM »

Fantastic debate...The reason we hear so much about all the other religions other than christianity is that the preaching of repentance has been replaced with false doctrines for those with itchy ears. churches are filled with people seeking anyting but repentance.  Mega churches who dote on their programs to keep people in what is a social club rather than coming to terms with their need for repantance. 2nd Tim. 4:1-4. Christians are given a calling and the calling is to preach the gospel even though it is not convienient or if one would suffer persecution, few will do this. If this were not so, this nation would not be 50 percent not knowing who God is. A vast missionfield with very few laborers.

Maryjane
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the