Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:29:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Very Toubled
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Very Toubled  (Read 9489 times)
peachykeen

No, I really AM a llama

View Profile
« on: October 16, 2003, 11:22:55 PM »

I am in so much pain right now, but I don't know from what.  I feel like I'm going crazy and the endless amount of drugs and doctor's tests have turned up nothing.  Right now I am considering dropping out of high school.  As much as I don't want to, I feel like my body is not giving me a choice-I feel like I'm a deck of cards that are about to collapse in on itself.  I am feeling so detached from Christ right now, and none of my friends seem to understand.  Does anyone have an answer???

Do not be decieved,Wormwood.Our cause is never more in danger than when a human,no longer desiring,but still intending to do God's will,looks round upon a universe from which every trace of Him seems to have vanished,and asks why he has been forsaken,and still obeys.-CS Lewis,Screwtape
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2003, 12:22:41 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Peachykeen,

I will pray for you that God gives you comfort and strength during this difficult time of your life. I will also pray that God gives your doctors wisdom in finding the best treatment for you.

This is the time you should trust in Jesus first, before anyone else. People may desert you, but Jesus will never forsake you, even in the worst situations. It is time to pray.

You are very young, so I hope and pray that it is something easy to treat or repair. Whatever you do, don't blame God for your illness and pain. All human beings will suffer illness, pain, and death sooner or later. When you pray, ask if it be HIS will.

Many here will pray for you. Keep us informed of any news so we can better pray for you. In the meantime, put your faith in Jesus and KEEP LOOKING UP!

In Christ,
Tom

Forrest
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2003, 12:46:54 AM »

PeachyKeen;
    You are on my prayer list I know it's hard, but have Faith.

Your Brother In Christ
          Forrest              
ROM 12:5 So we, [being] many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2003, 07:01:06 PM »

Peachy, this may sound silly, but I want to march right over there to Texas and give you a HUGE HUG. It might not make you feel better, but oh well.

Are you in physical pain, or emotional?

P.S. Even when you feel the most seperated from God - even in your deepest depression - these are the moments He's closest to you. You may feel alone and lost, but you aren't, Peachy. You may not realize this until the trouble is past and you are looking back on it. You have friends here who are praying for you.

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2003, 10:32:21 PM »

I'm praying for you. What happened?

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2003, 09:50:34 AM »

um...."toubled"?

You mean, as in, "Let not your heart be toubled?"

Huh
peachykeen

No, I really AM a llama

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2003, 02:27:05 PM »

Sorry I haven't been on in a while, but my life has seemed to ahve gotten progressivley worse in the last couple weeks.  The pain I feel is very physical, and pretty much any symptom there is out there (nausea, exhaustion, trembling, nightmares, innsomnia, faintness, lack of concentration, freezing/burning up temperatures, etc.), I have it.  I'm so exhausted, no matter if I get 13 hours of sleep or 4.  I've prayed and prayed but my body keeps on getting sicker.  I've been tested for so many things like anemia, but nothing has shown up on the tests.  My mother has fibromyalgia, or chronic fatigue, however, and I'm getting tested for that next.  I'm not too good at explaining what it is, but it's main symptom is exhaustion.  It's strange though because I'm so young, most cases have occured in adulthood, although teenage cases are not unheard of.  I know this is going to sound strange, but I am praying that I do has this ailment because if I do, I will at least be surrounded by christian friends and family who understand what I'm going through.  It's terrible not knowing what I have ant people just thinking I'm crazy.  If nothing turns up again, I'm not sure what I'll do.  I feel so lsot and alone and sick right now, and any prayers would be greatly appreciated.  I feel so seperated from God right now, and everything that can go wrong in my life is going wrong.  Please pray for answers, thats what I need the most right now--I need to know.  

Do not be decieved,Wormwood.Our cause is never more in danger than when a human,no longer desiring,but still intending to do God's will,looks round upon a universe from which every trace of Him seems to have vanished,and asks why he has been forsaken,and still obeys.-CS Lewis,Screwtape
WhitehorseToo

Distinct llamaic sympathies

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2003, 07:40:42 PM »

Will do, my friend. If you've been studying very hard or wearing yourself out, maybe there is a chance you have mononucleosis. This illness is associated with the Epstein-Barr virus, that can also cause chronic fatigue syndrome. Do you have a sore throat or swollen glands?
peachykeen

No, I really AM a llama

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2003, 08:43:45 PM »

swollen glands like thyroids??? I honestly have no idea lol.  The biggest problem is that I used to be a machine when it came to school work, now I do so little of it and I still feel burned out.  Its like I do so little now that I shouldn't be stressed or overworked at all, but I still am.  Even if I do absolutley nothing on a Saturday afternoon except go to a grocery store and read a book, I still feel like I've run a 26-mile marathon.  

Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2003, 07:14:41 AM »

Chronic fatigue is a very puzzling and sometimes overwhelming disease! Perhaps one of the worst things about it is, the sufferer can experience a great deal of pain, but since the doctor can't find out why they're hurting, the patient is told "it's in your head". This is not true! It may be a mysterious disease, but its a real one, and I have several friends (and relatives) that have this. And no, it is not unheard of in younger persons, I read somewhere that it is actually getting more common among teens.  Cry I will be praying, Peachy!

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
peachykeen

No, I really AM a llama

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2003, 08:07:18 PM »

Thank you very much for your prayers, and I'm going to see a doctor about chronic fatigue in a few days.  Right now I really am begining to hope that this is it, I'm so very desperate for answers.  I feel like I'm going crazy! Cry

chanelle

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2003, 10:42:31 PM »

Praying for answers, that your body may be healed, also your mind, heart, spirit or whatever needs healing...
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2003, 10:58:28 PM »

Smiley
peachykeen

No, I really AM a llama

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2003, 08:40:16 PM »

Well I hate to say it, but things have gotten SO much worse since my last visit to the site.  I'm so very ill now, and feeling very alone.  I feel like my friends are there for the occational "oh i hope you feel better" and "aww thats too bad" and "how come you wern't at school today?  You sure did miss a lot," but they don't do anything else!!!  You want to know the worst part?  Not one person in my youth group has even CALLED to see if I'm still alive (considering my absence from church for a signifigant amount of time).  The people who claimed to love me and would take care of me if I felt sick or unloved have not even left a message on the answering machine.  I realized that I was simply someone who added to the size of the youth group, and not the heart.

I just had an MRI done, and I'm going to a neurologist wednesday.  The only problem is I feel like I'm going crazy, and I feel like my body is destroying itself.  I don't know what to do.  Everything hurts so bad right now, and its hard to see God's greater outcome for me.  Why is God trying to destroy a follower that was once so healthy and strong?  What's his purpose if he's hurting someone who just wanted to help people?  What do I do when theres no medication to stop the sickness, no friends to stand by, and no answer from God?  Does anyone know??? Huh

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2003, 10:03:47 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to PeachyKeen,

It really sounds like the first thing you should do is stop blaming God for your illness. This is the most destructive thing that you can do. Go in the opposite direction and pray that God gives your doctors skill and wisdom to find out what is wrong with you. God is your ally, not your adversary. If everyone else forsakes you, HE is still there. You are never alone if you remember this.

I will be praying for you, and I'm sure that many others here will also pray for you.

In Christ,
Tom

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the