Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 02:23:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Student Leaves Ham Sandwich on Lunch Table Near Muslims, Suspended for Hate Crim
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Student Leaves Ham Sandwich on Lunch Table Near Muslims, Suspended for Hate Crim  (Read 3510 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« on: April 24, 2007, 07:42:41 PM »

Student Leaves Ham Sandwich on Lunch Table Near Muslims, Suspended for Hate Crime
Somali Muslim Students Highly Offended, Scarred for Life

By Nicholas Plagman CLOUT INDEX
Published April 23, 2007

A middle school student in Lewiston, Maine is being investigated by the police for a possible hate crime after he placed a bag containing a ham sandwich on a table where Somali students eat lunch. According to the school's superintendent, Leon Levesque, the student has been suspended, and more disciplinary action could follow pending the outcome of the investigation.

Muslims, who believe pork to be unclean and highly offensive, were reminded of a man who threw a pig's head into a mosque located in Lewiston last summer. "That ham sandwich in a bag where we couldn't even see might as well have been that pig's head," said one of the traumatized Somali students, "and that cafeteria might as well have been the most religious building for Muslims in the state of Maine."

According to Superintendent Levesque, "the school incident is being treated seriously as a hate incident." Police are currently investigating the matter alongside the Center for the Prevention of Hate Violence, who is also working with the school to create an anti-ham "response plan."

"We've got some work to do to turn this around and bring the school community back together again." Said Levesque, "These children have got to learn that ham is not a toy, and that there are consequences for being nonchalant about where you put your sandwich."

"Placing ham where Muslim students were eating as an awful thing," said Stephen Wessler, the executive director of the Center for Prevention of Hate Violence. "It's extraordinarily hurtful and degrading. They probably felt like they were back in Mogadishu starving and being shot at. No child, Muslim or normal, should have to endure touching a ham sandwich."

Wessler continued, "incidents like this that involve degrading language or conduct are often said by the perpetrator as a joke. But unfortunately we don't live in a world where young children try to be funny, we live in a society in which these types of actions always escalate into violence against minorities."

"If people think insulting Muslims with ham is okay, more degrading acts will follow. The Jews had to go through the same thing when the Nazis would force-feed them bacon; do we really want our schools to become concentration camps?"

Added Levesque, "the incident does not reflect the moral values of the school staff and students. We need to take a look at this and review how a careless act is degrading and causes hurt to other people. All our students should feel welcome in our schools, knowing that they are safe from attacks with ham, bacon, porkchops, or any other delicious meat that comes from pigs."

According to Levesque, a letter has been sent home to parents to explain the incident and outline the school's response. The next step will be for Wessler to meet with the students to address the school's atmosphere, after which staff will discuss how to respond to future hate incidents, with emphasis on their prevention.

Said one of the students who witnessed the event, "I know the guy who put the sandwich there, he just wanted to be funny and see how those Somalis would react. I'm just glad that kid I beat up yesterday was white; I wouldn't want to be in that mess."

One of the victims, whose mother didn't want his name released, said "we didn't know what was in this bag. One of my friends reached inside it. It was a big ham steak. There were five of us at the table, all Somali. Right then, I could feel allah condemning me to burn for eternity for being within a 6.2 meter radius of ham, so yeah, it was a hate crime."

The boy said that he felt better after several students apologized for the incident and said that the kids who did it were jerks, "but for the rest of my life when I remember middle school, this will pop up right away," the boy said, "it's like I'm back in Somalia being shot at all over again."

Student Leaves Ham Sandwich on Lunch Table Near Muslims, Suspended for Hate Crime

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 07:46:45 PM »

Just when you think it can't get any crazier.  So if the school serves pork, is the school also in on the hate crimes?? This country has lost all common sense. Before you know it, they won't allow ham sandwiches in the lunchroom, so those kids don't offend the muslims who have to watch them eat it. 

Now the 'offended' students will probably have the ACLU sue the school and the student for creating a 'hostile' environment.

I say the good people of that city should rise up and roast about 20 hogs all around the city in open pits. This offensabilty of muslim people is just becoming utterly stupid. Grin Grin Grin

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 07:51:27 PM »

I liked this comment next to the picture on that story.

Although docile in nature, the ham sandwich is the natural predator of the Muslim middle-school student, often disguising itself as a lunch item until it can get close enough to the Muslim to consume its soul.

Now that was real funny.   Cheesy Cheesy

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 08:17:08 PM »

stupid or not, if their beliefs don't affects us then we should respect them

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 08:29:51 PM »

That is just the point. Their beliefs do affect us and will be doing so even more as they expand their numbers here in the America.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 08:36:30 PM »

I liked this comment next to the picture on that story.

Although docile in nature, the ham sandwich is the natural predator of the Muslim middle-school student, often disguising itself as a lunch item until it can get close enough to the Muslim to consume its soul.

Now that was real funny.   Cheesy Cheesy
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 08:46:47 PM »

oh I think I understand now
We make small changes for them, more of them come, they demand more changes, we change, more come and become majority. Need I continue?

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2007, 08:54:42 PM »

oh I think I understand now
We make small changes for them, more of them come, they demand more changes, we change, more come and become majority. Need I continue?
You got it now............... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2007, 08:55:28 PM »

Exactly. Don't get me wrong though. I don't advocate what the student did but I do think that they are making to big a deal out of it by calling it a hate crime. Especially when muslims do much more than that to those that are not of their beliefs.

Before long it will be considered offensive by them if someone sitting at the table next to them was eating a ham sandwich. Sorry but I like my ham and won't give it up just because they are offended by it.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2007, 08:59:48 PM »

Before long it will be considered offensive by them if someone sitting at the table next to them was eating a ham sandwich. Sorry but I like my ham and won't give it up just because they are offended by it.

If they get offended by my ham, and cheese sandwich they can move. 

I will NOT give up my ham to aplease a muslim. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2007, 10:40:48 PM »

I have Muslim friends and their little girl will not eat ham (pork) in the school cafeteria.  But they do not tell anyone else not to eat it.

My opinion is that it's best not to be disrespectful to another's belief.  How can we be "ambassadors for Christ" if we deliberately seek to offend others that need the Lord as their Savior?  I realize the boy that left the ham sandwich by the Muslims might not have even been a Christian.....but most Muslims think all Americans are "Christians".  We will help much more by reaching out to Muslims with Christ's love....and then share our assurance of salvation through the Savior as led by the Holy Spirit.

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
barelahh
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2007, 12:02:10 AM »

I have Muslim friends and their little girl will not eat ham (pork) in the school cafeteria.  But they do not tell anyone else not to eat it.

My opinion is that it's best not to be disrespectful to another's belief.  How can we be "ambassadors for Christ" if we deliberately seek to offend others that need the Lord as their Savior?  I realize the boy that left the ham sandwich by the Muslims might not have even been a Christian.....but most Muslims think all Americans are "Christians".  We will help much more by reaching out to Muslims with Christ's love....and then share our assurance of salvation through the Savior as led by the Holy Spirit.
i don't believe that is the point.  the point is that its not a hate crime.  There is no such thing as a hate crime.  The society has gone nuts with the political correctness and it has morphed into Thought control.  won't be long before thinking will become a crime.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2007, 12:54:20 AM »

I was watching that bizarre foods show and it was brought up that the reason Spain has so much pork and it pretty much hangs all over the place, is because after they kicked the invading Muslims out of their country they did that to make sure they would never come back again. Sounds like a plan to me and I just love pork.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2007, 01:21:42 AM »

You will find very few like that Debp.

Debp, I am not saying anything bad about you.

My son, has see muslim love. He ended up in the hospital, for a while while in high school.  He was supended, while the muslims got off.  I love the people, but not the faith of islam.

Leviticus 19:17 You shall not hate your brother in your heart; but you shall surely rebuke your neighbor, lest you incur sin because of him.

My son, went into the Army serving a full year, in Iraq, and a tour of duty in Afghanistan.  I have pictures, he took, while in Afghanistan, and Iraq.  The violence the muslims inflict, upon there own faith would make you sick.

The systematic brainwashing that Muslims are subjected to since birth. The majority of the Non-Islamic world has deluded itself into believing that the principles of Islam are tolerant in nature.

Muslims all over the world have been known to point their fingers at Western society and comment on how degenerate westerners have no sense of family, and that as a consequence, crime, immorality and violence are rampant all over the West. The implication is that Western society is ridden with the consequences of their "descadent and immoral" liberality and irreligious attitude.

The truth is something completely different. The fact is that the highest incidences of violent crimes such as murder, rape, child molestation, dismemberment and armed robbery happen in islamic countries. In non-islamic countries, wherever terrorist and subversive activities take place, one is sure to find the presence of muslims.

This pattern is so obvious that it leads one to wonder what exactly is it that makes muslims so viciously engaged in violent crimes against the rest of humanity. Why are all terrorist activities that target innocent non-muslim victims always abetted by muslim terrorists? What is it that makes the muslim mind so subject to criminality and the display of such violent tendencies right from his/her childhood days?

The "All-Merciful allah" is now specifically instructing all "peace-loving muslims" to heap up a mountain of corpses of the non believers. Of course, in order to do this holy task for allah, the muslim must first go out and attack innocent non-muslims and massacre them so that allah's wishes are fulfilled.

Any deluded non-muslim who thinks that Islam is the religion of peace and that it is only misguided muslims who commit terrorism and atrocities, can pick up an English translation of the koran from any bookstore and refer to these verses (surahs). Here are a few for thought, from the koran.......

[4:171]  O  people  of  the  Scripture  (Jews and Christians)! Do  not exceed  the limits  in  your religion, nor say of  Allah aught but the  truth. The Messiah 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam  (Mary), was (no more than) a  Messenger of Allah and  His Word, ("Be!" - and he  was) which He bestowed  on  Maryam (Mary) and a spirit (Ruh) created by  Him;  so believe in Allah and His Messengers. Say  not:  "Three (trinity)!" Cease! (it is) better for you.  For Allah is (the only) One Ilah (God), Glory  be to Him (Far Exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belongs all  that is in  the heavens and  all that is in the earth. And Allah is All-Sufficient as a Disposer of affairs.

[6:157] Or  lest you  (pagan Arabs)  should say:  "If only the Book had been sent down to us, we  would surely have been  better guided  than they  (Jews and Christians)."  So now  has  come unto  you  a clear proof (the  Qur'an) from your  Lord, and  a guidance and a  mercy. Who then  does more  wrong than one who rejects the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons,  signs,  revelations,  etc.)  of Allah and turns away therefrom? We shall  requite those who turn  away from Our  Ayat with an  evil torment, because  of  their  turning  away  (from them).

[5:14] And from those who call themselves Christians, We took their covenant, but they have abandoned a good part of the Message  that was sent to  them. So We planted amongst them enmity and hatred till the Day  of  Resurrection  (when  they  discarded Allah's Book,  disobeyed Allah's  Messengers  and His Orders  and  transgressed  beyond  bounds  in Allah's disobedience), and Allah will inform them of what they used to do.

[9:29] Fight  against those  who (1)  believe not in Allah, (2) nor  in the Last  Day, (3) nor  forbid that which has  been forbidden by  Allah and  His Messenger (4) and those  who acknowledge not  the religion of truth (i.e. Islam) among the  people of the  Scripture  (Jews and  Christians),  until they pay the Jizyah (taxes) with willing submission,  and feel themselves subdued.

[3:188] Think not that those who rejoice in what they have done  (or brought  about),  and love  to  be praised for what they  have not done,- think  not you that they are  rescued from the torment,  and for them is a painful torment.  Muslims will make sure Christians taste the severest

[4:159] And  there  is  none of  the  people  of  the Scripture (Jews and Christians), but must believe in him ['Iesa (Jesus),  son of Maryam (Mary),  as only a  Messenger of  Allah and  a human  being, before  his  'Iesa  (Jesus)  or  a  Jew's  or  a Christian's death (at the time of the appearance of the  angel  of  death).  And  on  the  Day  of  Resurrection,  he  'Iesa  (Jesus)  will  be  a witness against them.

[5:51] O you who believe! Take  not the Jews and  the  Christians  as  Auliya'  (friends,  protectors, helpers, etc.),  they  are  but  Auliya'  to  one another. And  if any  amongst you  takes them as Auliya', then surely he  is one of them.  Verily, Allah guides not those people who are the Zalimun (polytheists and wrong-doers and unjust).

Islam also uses the Hadith (another "holy" book of Islam) that says Jihad, or holy war, is the second best thing to believing in Allah and his apostle (Muhammad). Allah's apostle was asked, "What is the best deed?" He replied, "To believe in Allah and his Apostle." The questioner then asked, "What is the next?" He replied, "To participate in Jihad in Allah's cause." (Hadith vol. 1, no. 25).  So when you hear militant Muslims threatening “holy war”, you will now understand where that expression comes from their God.

As a Christian my beliefs are entirely incompatible with this.  Christians believe that Jesus was the Christ and Messiah, and only through his sacrifice can we obtain salvation from God’s righteous judgement and eternal damnation in hell for our sin.  Jesus preached an entirely different message than Muhammad,  in his famous “Sermon on the Mount”. The Sermon on the Mount contains Jesus' best known advice on having a healthy relationship with God and people.

Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2007, 02:19:45 AM »

You will find very few like that Debp.
Debp, I am not saying anything bad about you.

My son, has see muslim love. He ended up in the hospital, for a while while in high school.  He was supended, while the muslims got off.  I love the people, but not the faith of islam.

Leviticus 19:17 You shall not hate your brother in your heart; but you shall surely rebuke your neighbor, lest you incur sin because of him.

My son, went into the Army serving a full year, in Iraq, and a tour of duty in Afghanistan.  I have pictures, he took, while in Afghanistan, and Iraq.  The violence the muslims inflict, upon there own faith would make you sick.

The systematic brainwashing that Muslims are subjected to since birth. The majority of the Non-Islamic world has deluded itself into believing that the principles of Islam are tolerant in nature.

Muslims all over the world have been known to point their fingers at Western society and comment on how degenerate westerners have no sense of family, and that as a consequence, crime, immorality and violence are rampant all over the West. The implication is that Western society is ridden with the consequences of their "descadent and immoral" liberality and irreligious attitude.

The truth is something completely different. The fact is that the highest incidences of violent crimes such as murder, rape, child molestation, dismemberment and armed robbery happen in islamic countries. In non-islamic countries, wherever terrorist and subversive activities take place, one is sure to find the presence of muslims.

This pattern is so obvious that it leads one to wonder what exactly is it that makes muslims so viciously engaged in violent crimes against the rest of humanity. Why are all terrorist activities that target innocent non-muslim victims always abetted by muslim terrorists? What is it that makes the muslim mind so subject to criminality and the display of such violent tendencies right from his/her childhood days?

The "All-Merciful allah" is now specifically instructing all "peace-loving muslims" to heap up a mountain of corpses of the non believers. Of course, in order to do this holy task for allah, the muslim must first go out and attack innocent non-muslims and massacre them so that allah's wishes are fulfilled.

Any deluded non-muslim who thinks that Islam is the religion of peace and that it is only misguided muslims who commit terrorism and atrocities, can pick up an English translation of the koran from any bookstore and refer to these verses (surahs). Here are a few for thought, from the koran.......

[4:171]  O  people  of  the  Scripture  (Jews and Christians)! Do  not exceed  the limits  in  your religion, nor say of  Allah aught but the  truth. The Messiah 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam  (Mary), was (no more than) a  Messenger of Allah and  His Word, ("Be!" - and he  was) which He bestowed  on  Maryam (Mary) and a spirit (Ruh) created by  Him;  so believe in Allah and His Messengers. Say  not:  "Three (trinity)!" Cease! (it is) better for you.  For Allah is (the only) One Ilah (God), Glory  be to Him (Far Exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belongs all  that is in  the heavens and  all that is in the earth. And Allah is All-Sufficient as a Disposer of affairs.

[6:157] Or  lest you  (pagan Arabs)  should say:  "If only the Book had been sent down to us, we  would surely have been  better guided  than they  (Jews and Christians)."  So now  has  come unto  you  a clear proof (the  Qur'an) from your  Lord, and  a guidance and a  mercy. Who then  does more  wrong than one who rejects the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons,  signs,  revelations,  etc.)  of Allah and turns away therefrom? We shall  requite those who turn  away from Our  Ayat with an  evil torment, because  of  their  turning  away  (from them).

[5:14] And from those who call themselves Christians, We took their covenant, but they have abandoned a good part of the Message  that was sent to  them. So We planted amongst them enmity and hatred till the Day  of  Resurrection  (when  they  discarded Allah's Book,  disobeyed Allah's  Messengers  and His Orders  and  transgressed  beyond  bounds  in Allah's disobedience), and Allah will inform them of what they used to do.

[9:29] Fight  against those  who (1)  believe not in Allah, (2) nor  in the Last  Day, (3) nor  forbid that which has  been forbidden by  Allah and  His Messenger (4) and those  who acknowledge not  the religion of truth (i.e. Islam) among the  people of the  Scripture  (Jews and  Christians),  until they pay the Jizyah (taxes) with willing submission,  and feel themselves subdued.

[3:188] Think not that those who rejoice in what they have done  (or brought  about),  and love  to  be praised for what they  have not done,- think  not you that they are  rescued from the torment,  and for them is a painful torment.  Muslims will make sure Christians taste the severest

[4:159] And  there  is  none of  the  people  of  the Scripture (Jews and Christians), but must believe in him ['Iesa (Jesus),  son of Maryam (Mary),  as only a  Messenger of  Allah and  a human  being, before  his  'Iesa  (Jesus)  or  a  Jew's  or  a Christian's death (at the time of the appearance of the  angel  of  death).  And  on  the  Day  of  Resurrection,  he  'Iesa  (Jesus)  will  be  a witness against them.

[5:51] O you who believe! Take  not the Jews and  the  Christians  as  Auliya'  (friends,  protectors, helpers, etc.),  they  are  but  Auliya'  to  one another. And  if any  amongst you  takes them as Auliya', then surely he  is one of them.  Verily, Allah guides not those people who are the Zalimun (polytheists and wrong-doers and unjust).

Islam also uses the Hadith (another "holy" book of Islam) that says Jihad, or holy war, is the second best thing to believing in Allah and his apostle (Muhammad). Allah's apostle was asked, "What is the best deed?" He replied, "To believe in Allah and his Apostle." The questioner then asked, "What is the next?" He replied, "To participate in Jihad in Allah's cause." (Hadith vol. 1, no. 25).  So when you hear militant Muslims threatening “holy war”, you will now understand where that expression comes from their God.

As a Christian my beliefs are entirely incompatible with this.  Christians believe that Jesus was the Christ and Messiah, and only through his sacrifice can we obtain salvation from God’s righteous judgement and eternal damnation in hell for our sin.  Jesus preached an entirely different message than Muhammad,  in his famous “Sermon on the Mount”. The Sermon on the Mount contains Jesus' best known advice on having a healthy relationship with God and people.

I know very well what Islam teaches and know about the atrocities committed by many Muslims in this world.  That is why I try to help native missionaries/pastors in Islamic countries through Christian Aid.  I might not be able to be a missionary in those countries, but I can try to help people who are.

My point is that as Christians we are to love all people with Christ's love.  Christ not only told us to love our neighbor as ourselves, but Christ told us to love and pray for our enemies.   This is the way we can reach Muslims with the good news of Christ, not by making fun of their beliefs.

Imagine if you or I had been born in an Islamic country?  And if we didn't know if God would be sending us to paradise or hell....all we could do is try our best, do ritualistic prayers, and hope that He would not send us to hell.   Imagine if you or I had been so indoctrinated into Islam.   We must pray for these people.

If I were a Muslim coming to this site and would see some of the unkind things said about Muslims.....well, it would just reinforce a Muslim's misconception about Christians and Christianity.   I used to go to another Christian site and was appalled at the extremely rude talk to actual Muslims there.  (Alot of the Christians there were flinging insults and mud as easily as could be....so sad.)  So the essential point is will we be a hinderance or a help to those without Christ?  Are we willing to lay our lives down to try to actually reach these people with the good news of the free gift of salvation through Christ?

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the