Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:24:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Reap What We Sow
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reap What We Sow  (Read 5659 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« on: April 22, 2007, 01:22:06 PM »

This is transcript from an online video that I saw. It may not be word for word as I did the transcribing but it gets the point across. This is a partial broadcast that was originally aired on American Family Radio (AFR). The feature is from an unknown author and has been circulated on the Internet. The parallels of the state of our nation and the purposeful removal of God from public life makes a powerful very true statement.

Dear God,

Why didn't you save the school children in Moses Lake, WA; Bethel, AK; Perl, MS; West Paduka, KY; Stamp, AR; Jonesboro, AR; Edinborough, PA; Fayetteville, TN; Springfield, OR; Richmond, VA; Littleton, CO; Tabor, Alberta, Canada; Conour, GA; Dennings, NM; Fort Gibson, OK; Santee, CA; El Cajon, CA; Blacksberg, VA,

Sincerely,

Concerned Student.

Dear Concerned Student,

I am not allowed in schools.

Sincerely,

God.

How did this get started. I think it started when Madeline O'Hare complained she didn't want prayer in schools and we said, OK.

Then someone said you better not read the Bible in school. The Bible says thou shall not kill,  thou shalt not still and love your neighbor as yourself. And we said OK.

Dr Benjamin Spock said we shouldn't spank our children when they misbehave because their personalities would be warped and we might damage their self esteem. And we said, An expert should know what he is talking about so we won't spank them anymore.

Then someone said teachers and principles better not discipline our children when they misbehave. And the school administrator said no faculty member in this school better touch a student when they misbehave because we don't want any bad publicity and we surely don't want to be sued. And we accepted their reasoning.

Then someone said let's let our daughters have abortions if they want and they won't even have to tell their parents and we said that's a grand idea.

Then some wise school board member said since boys will be boys and they are going to do it anyway let's give our sons all the condoms they want so they can have all the fun they desire and we won't have to tell their parents they got them at school and we said that's another great idea.

Then some of our top elected officials said it doesn't matter what we do in private as long as we do our jobs. And we said, It doesn't matter what anybody, including the President, does in private as long as we have jobs and the economy is good. And someone else took that appreciation a step further and published pictures of nude children and then steps further by making them available on the internet. And we said everyones entitled to free speech.

And the entertainment industry said let's make TV shows and movies that promote profanity, violence and elicit sex and let's record music that encourages rape, drugs, murder, suicide and satanic themes. And we said, It's just entertainment and it has no adverse effect and nobody takes it seriously anyway so go right ahead.

Now we are asking ourselves why our children have no conscience, why they don't know right from wrong and why it doesn't bother them to kill strangers, classmates or even themselves. Undoubtedly if we thought about it long and hard enough we could figure it out. Surely it has a great deal to do with "We reap what we sow".

As followers of Christ it is our duty to stand up for the ways of our Lord. To take a stand against evil. To long have we remained silent, giving our blessings to evil with our continued silence and lack of action. We must step up and spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ to all.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 02:06:14 PM »

Mind if I take this and post it on another site?

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 02:24:06 PM »

Most assuredly. Give it to all that you may wish.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Okie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 05:55:41 PM »

Wonderful Post PR.
ajharris

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2007, 06:53:16 PM »

This post is so true.  Sad
ibTina
Gold Member

Keep your eyes on JESUS!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 09:30:01 AM »

How sad, but true....

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 05:14:41 PM »

Very sad and Very true.

I could send that to a friend of mine and he would disregard it since it talks about God....but the sad thing is that even if we removed the religious connotations to it it is still true.  Our society declines and we let more and more moral grounds rot away and we continue to ponder and wonder why our children are shooting themselves and their classmates.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2007, 05:55:03 PM »

That is where the problem comes in. When we remove God then we remove all basis for any moralistic values.

In public schools God was removed from the origination of mankind. With that advent comes all sorts of ungodly values. We are taught that we are nothing more than animals. There is therefore no difference between us and animals except that they have not "evolved" as far. We slaughter and eat animals without a thought, so what is the difference in killing other humans including unborn babies.

We are taught through evolution that different races of humans evolved separately and that there is difference in how highly evolved the different races are. A teaching that substantiates racism.

We are taught in public schools that this is the only life that we will have. So it doesn't matter what we do here and now. So why not do all sorts of immoral things.

God says we were made in His image that we are a separate category above the animals and the murder of another human is wrong.

God tells us that all humans descended from the same two parents and that all were created equal.

Those today that do not believe in God that have any sort of moralistic values got them from somewhere. Most say if I did that I would be jailed. Or if I did that I would be disowned by my family. Where did those laws and moralistic values come from. We can trace them back to standards that were set by God.

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2007, 05:57:34 PM »

Agreed 100% and then some Smiley

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Faithin1
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2007, 10:34:22 AM »

How true!  When God was permitted in schools, we didn't have the rampant violence and immorality that exists today.   When our society allowed God to be minimized, we also opened the door to all forms of ungodly and deviant behaviors that have become accepted in our society.  Unfortunately, the innocence of childhood has also become somewhat obsolete.  I can't recall the last time I saw girls jumping rope.  They're too busy trying to emulate the tasteless images they are bombarded with from raunchy music videos and movies.  We are indeed in a sad state of ungodliness.

Heb. 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 
HimAll4

Trust and Obey

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2007, 11:34:13 AM »

Excellent thread!

.  Unfortunately, the innocence of childhood has also become somewhat obsolete.  I can't recall the last time I saw girls jumping rope.  They're too busy trying to emulate the tasteless images they are bombarded with from raunchy music videos and movies. 

TOO true!

When we can soar like the eagles, why do we insist on hiding like the moles?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the