Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:19:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286807 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Should the church promote young marriages to deal with sexual immorality?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Should the church promote young marriages to deal with sexual immorality?  (Read 16180 times)
Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 07, 2007, 12:40:50 AM »

Dreamweaver...Do you post your sermons?...just wondering...

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: June 07, 2007, 12:52:02 AM »

Dreamweaver...Do you post your sermons?...just wondering...

I normally don't, I can though if I remember to bring it home.  I've posted a few of my sermons, in the past.

Though I may not be able to, cause of a wildfire not far away from me.  With wind gusts up to 70 miles per hour, they lost control of the fire. But we are not under evaculation orders yet. Cheesy

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 07, 2007, 01:15:57 AM »

I normally don't, I can though if I remember to bring it home.  I've posted a few of my sermons, in the past.

Though I may not be able to, cause of a wildfire not far away from me.  With wind gusts up to 70 miles per hour, they lost control of the fire. But we are not under evaculation orders yet. Cheesy

Brother,

I'll be praying for you and your neighbors. It hasn't been that long ago that we also went through wildfires, but recent floods have made everything too wet to catch fire. So, we seem to be going through extremes. We have had wind gusts up to 50 mph several times in the last several days, but that's fairly normal for Oklahoma.

Brother, if the fires start getting close, don't play Julie Andrews and sit there singing "The Hills Are Alive With The Sound Of Music", LEAVE! Let's see - that is the song of the MOUNTAIN MAN - Right?   Grin

Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 07, 2007, 01:25:41 AM »

I am praying for you Dreamweav and your family.....Wildfires are terrible...we get them here in Texas...The weather changes on a dime here and it was cold today with high wind and later in the day..it became so hot with high wind...We do not have floods but I live in Tornado Alley...
The reason I asked abut your sermons is that on the left of the page it says Audio sermons...so I wondered if you posted yours...

Ummm...Do you hear someone in the background singing the hills are alive?.. Roll Eyes

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: June 07, 2007, 01:28:43 AM »

Brother, if the fires start getting close, don't play Julie Andrews and sit there singing "The Hills Are Alive With The Sound Of Music", LEAVE! Let's see - that is the song of the MOUNTAIN MAN - Right?   Grin
No the song of mountain men Roll Eyes is, "Bye Bye Love."  Remember I was here for the Rodeo-Chediski fire in june 2002.  In fact I think it was just about this date, the Rodeo-Chediski fire started.

Don't worry brother, the trailer is packed hooked up to the truck. The truck gassed up, ready to go.  All that needs packing are the animals, meds, and us.  Lizzie will take my car, her car will be put in the pasture.  It's a gas guzzler, 12 miles to a gallon.

Course I always have the trailer re-packed every year, in March.  Theres water, tents, ice chests, animal food, important papers, and pictures.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: June 07, 2007, 01:34:59 AM »

I am praying for you Dreamweav and your family.....Wildfires are terrible...we get them here in Texas...The weather changes on a dime here and it was cold today with high wind and later in the day..it became so hot with high wind...We do not have floods but I live in Tornado Alley...
The reason I asked abut your sermons is that on the left of the page it says Audio sermons...so I wondered if you posted yours...

Ummm...Do you hear someone in the background singing the hills are alive?.. Roll Eyes

Thank you sister for your prayers.  When I post sermons I post them on the forum.

No I hear "Bye Bye Love" cause I love the area I live in. Though that won't hold a candle to what Jesus has promised us.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 01:38:38 AM by DreamWeaver » Logged

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 07, 2007, 09:41:51 AM »

"The Hills Are Alive With The Sound Of Music"  ...   Let's see - that is the song of the MOUNTAIN MAN - Right?

LOL ..... 

No the song of mountain men Roll Eyes is, "Bye Bye Love."

Never lonely nor empty with the Lord at your side. My prayers with all within the area of that fire.

We do not have floods but I live in Tornado Alley...

We get both here but no wildfires to speak of. We do get an occasional bad grass fire out in the country.

We are getting the high winds today also and a high of 92 degrees. 50 mph winds today and tonight. Yesterday it was 45mph winds. They have already posted a tornado watch for later this evening and tonight.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: June 07, 2007, 11:31:48 AM »

Well we just got great news, a few minutes ago.  The wildfire they managed to control, about 3:00 am this morning.  Four hours of clam winds helped (I'm looking up, praying a big thank you Lord.) No structures were lost except for land, grass and trees. 

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 07, 2007, 02:52:18 PM »

Well we just got great news, a few minutes ago.  The wildfire they managed to control, about 3:00 am this morning.  Four hours of clam winds helped (I'm looking up, praying a big thank you Lord.) No structures were lost except for land, grass and trees. 

Brother,

Thanks for the great news. You will still be in our prayers.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Galatians 4:4-6 NASB  But when the fullness of the time came, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the Law, so that He might redeem those who were under the Law, that we might receive the adoption as sons. Because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, "Abba! Father!"

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 07, 2007, 03:47:43 PM »

That is great news.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 07, 2007, 04:48:36 PM »

That is great news...
Jon-Marc

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 27, 2007, 12:47:07 PM »

Any marriage based on one's sexual desires will fail when the sex gets old, or someone more exciting comes along. Teens marrying rather than commit fornication is a poor reason to tie the knot. They should be taught that morality is right in God's eyes and immorality is wrong.

Secure in Christ--Holy Spirit in me.
Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 27, 2007, 01:13:57 PM »

Anyone who promotes gay marriage..is calling God a liar of his word when he created man and woman his creation is perfect.It is man who is not perfect..It is the sin of man that makes God's creation distorted...We are  born in sin..until one finds the Lord...they continue to live in sin and continue to go by their own feeble judgements that bring death..Those who call themselves christian homosexuals and those who promote homosexuality are lost and are not part of the body of Christ but are given through God's mercy a Savior that if they come believing in Jesus...they will be set free from sin and in reading the Word of God will know what is acceptable to God...until then...they walk in darkness that leads to ..mentally, physical and eternal death...
Jon-Marc

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 27, 2007, 06:49:28 PM »

A "man" one time propositioned me and wanted me as his new boyfriend. The conversation went something like, Him: "Well, you know I'm gay." Me: "I suspected something like that." Him: "I believe I was born this way." Me: "I've always thought that qu--rs have a severe mental disorder." Him: Haven't you ever wondered what it would be like with another man?" Me: "No." Him: "A lot of straight guys do." Me: "They can't be very straight if they do." Him: "I believe that God accepts me as I am." Me: "Yes, He says to come unto Him just as you are, and He will make you a new creature."  Him: "I'm very disappointed." Me: No answer to that. I was just happy to disappoint him.

The reason for that conversation was that he had a very nice apartment in a decent neighborhood with reasonable rent. I found out why the rent was so reasonable after that conversation and when he said, "You can have the run of my home, and I'll cook for you." I didn't rent the apartment. I was afraid I'd wake up some morning and find him in bed next to me. Shocked

Secure in Christ--Holy Spirit in me.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 29, 2007, 09:32:48 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

This is an increasingly sad and evil world that we live in. I've said this before, but I'll say it again, "Things are getting worse by the minute." The sewers are overflowing everywhere, and it's hard to get away from the stench of this world. For Christians, I just give thanks that this world isn't our home and we are just passing through. Great hosts will suffer in the stench for eternity, but JESUS CHRIST will take us far away from it forever.

THANKS BE UNTO GOD FOR HIS UNSPEAKABLE GIFT, JESUS CHRIST, OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR FOREVER!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the