Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:26:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286807 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Should the church promote young marriages to deal with sexual immorality?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Should the church promote young marriages to deal with sexual immorality?  (Read 16181 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2007, 07:49:00 PM »

This is not a muslim forum nor do we allow promotion of such. Muslims allow marriage of children that are in no way mature enough physically or any other aspect.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2007, 09:38:23 AM »

Not only that in many Muslim areas it is still arranged marriages.  So there is not even the excuse of love to be had.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Okie

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2007, 08:31:02 AM »

There are just a couple of things that I may add to this discussion.

As far as abstinence is concerned.  I would like to point you towards two examples.  Jesus and Paul.  We all know Jesus was without wife, and so was Paul.   

I am not disagreeing with you about both Paul and Jesus being without wives, but is that backed up by the Bible? I have been seeing many things on Tv about Jesus being married to Mary Magdelene. They say they have found other letters written by Paul that talk about Jesus and Mary haveing Children. I have always been taught different, but what does the Bible actually say?
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2007, 09:00:44 AM »

Yes, it is backed up by the Bible. Paul states in 1 Cor 7:8 that he remained single.

We know that Jesus remained pure because He was the perfect sacrifice in our place. Even Jesus sanctified celibacy in Mat 19 "for the kingdom of heaven's sake". Many of these "books" that are coming out recently were written by the Gnostics which made an attempt to denigrate the deity of Jesus in order to elevate themselves as equals or even above Him. These are all attempts by the devil to make Jesus look like an ordinary man and nothing more.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2007, 10:08:30 AM »

One other point....is that Jesus purpose in this life was to reconcile man to God....not marry and establish an earthly family.

Jesus said:
Joh 5:30  I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

Jesus was not looking for women to wed in this life.  He was seeking a Bride consisting of ALL believers...HIS CHURCH to present to His Father.   Not some woman in the 1st Century.   It was all about redeeming all men to God.

Rev 21:9  And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will show thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

If you read the rest of Revelation chapter 21, you will see the Lambs bride.

Seems like each year now there is more and more supposed evidence regarding Jesus earthly life and so called secrets revealing things we never knew about Him.   This is all nonsense, and clearly an outright attempt by the enemy to confuse man regarding Grace and Salvation.   Much of that evidence you see on TV, is quickly debunked as well, many times by non-Christian scientists as surprising as that is.

Blessings!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2007, 10:38:09 AM »

Amen 2nd Timothy!

Brother, it really does seem as if the devil knows that time is short and is working overtime in building up to his worst. There's no doubt that great numbers of people will be deceived, most especially those who enjoy the dark and really want to stay there. There will be many reasons for men and women to stay away from he LIGHT, and the consequences will be eternal.

The life of Paul was quite beautiful. He really didn't want to divide his devotion between JESUS CHRIST and a wife. Paul basically was saying that it would be better to marry if one wasn't strong enough to avoid the temptation of sin with a woman, but the BEST was 100% dedication to JESUS CHRIST. Many confuse these teachings and think that Paul taught there was something evil or wrong with marriage. BUT, we all know there are many teachings of Paul that are misrepresented. The devil wants Paul's message to be misunderstood and questioned because Paul's primary message was the BEST NEWS ever heard on this earth - JESUS CHRIST, the CROSS, and rescue from the curse of sin and death.

I think that Paul would be a fascinating man to meet. For Christians, I always associate Paul with running a good race, fighting a good fight, and finishing the course to hopefully hear one day, "Well done good and faithful servant."

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 8:28 NASB  And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

HimAll4

Trust and Obey

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2007, 11:04:54 AM »

This is an interesting thread. 
In my opinion, when marriage and family were looked on positively, and people understood we do not live this life in a vacuum but have infinite affect on those around us, young marriages were extremely healthy. 
Unfortunately, society has done the typical stray away from God's design, and most people are now too concerned about themselves to worry about their choices having a negative affect on the young people who are following, be it children, nieces/nephews, or whatever.
How many people do you know that you graduated with who don't still have the same juvenile attitudes that they had in school?
People do not "grow up" nowadays, for the most part, and we wonder why the next generation can't "get it together."
Not being responsible, making right choices, loving BY CHOICE with our whole hearts; those are the things that are making marriages not work.
Who's willing to step up to the plate and be a worthy example?
Not many nowadays, I'm afraid.  Too much fun to act and live immaturely.
This selfishness is destroying families, churches, and the United States.
What happens in the heart ripples out and touches the whole world.
When we can stop putting our feelings in the number one position, and use the heads God gave us to control those feelings, then we can be the example God wants us to be.
Christ CHOSE to die for us.
I PRAISE HIM HE DID NOT PUT HIS OWN "WANTS" FIRST, BUT WAS WILLING TO DIE FOR ALL MANKIND!

My opinion, anyway  Wink
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 11:20:33 AM by HimAll4 » Logged

When we can soar like the eagles, why do we insist on hiding like the moles?
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2007, 11:16:58 AM »

An excellent opinion.

The following is something that I wrote elsewhere that also fits the subject of Jesus not be married to Mary of Magdalene.

No Woman is Called "Wife of Jesus"

Luke 8: 1-3, is the main passage that people point to claim that Jesus Christ was married, because for what other reason did these three women travel among a group of men?

Luk 8:1  And it came to pass afterward, that he went throughout every city and village, preaching and shewing the glad tidings of the kingdom of God: and the twelve were with him,
Luk 8:2  And certain women, which had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities, Mary called Magdalene, out of whom went seven devils,
Luk 8:3  And Joanna the wife of Chuza Herod's steward, and Susanna, and many others, which ministered unto him of their substance.

Mary is always called Mary of Magdalene, because she was from the town of Magdala. Unlike Joanna the wife of Cuza, Mary Magdalene is NEVER referred to as the wife of Jesus. Even at the cross she was still referred to as Mary of Magdalene.

Joh 19:25  Now there stood by the cross of Jesus his mother, and his mother's sister, Mary the wife of Cleophas, and Mary Magdalene.

When Mary saw the resurrected Jesus in John 20:14-17, she did call Him husband or darling or anything of that sort, rather she called Him Raboni, or teacher.

Joh 20:14  And when she had thus said, she turned herself back, and saw Jesus standing, and knew not that it was Jesus.
Joh 20:15  Jesus saith unto her, Woman, why weepest thou? whom seekest thou? She, supposing him to be the gardener, saith unto him, Sir, if thou have borne him hence, tell me where thou hast laid him, and I will take him away.
Joh 20:16  Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master.
Joh 20:17  Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

HimAll4

Trust and Obey

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2007, 11:24:00 AM »

Isn't the whole idea of Christ and Mary being married a leftover from "Jesus Christ Superstar?"

I hate leftovers!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2007, 11:36:51 AM »

Actually it was leftovers from the Gnostics, but then leftovers are leftovers.

Okie

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2007, 12:16:44 AM »

Actually, the notion of Mary being the Wife of Jesus is now being "Proved"( Yeah right) by using the picture of the Lord's Supper, painted by Leonardo Divinci. It is said that Mary is the Holy Grail and is depicted standing next to Jesus in the picture.
 I myself can't tell by looking whether the painting depicts a man or a woman, but I do know a little about Mr. Leonardo. He was ostrisized by the Church for being a bastard. He has no love for Christian Churches or what they stood for. He had a fanstastic mind, but has harmed the Christians as much as Darwin. I say they have harmed Christians, perhaps it is more the seperating of the goats from the sheep.Cool
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2007, 12:42:48 AM »

Do not believe anything that is related to Dan Browns work with Da Vinci and all of that. 

They try to say that John in the Last Supper is Mary.  What they fail to ignore is Da Vinci's early sketches for the work have the people labeled and that is John.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
HimAll4

Trust and Obey

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2007, 07:00:58 AM »

It could all seem so comical if so many people weren't believing it Sad  .

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2007, 07:14:19 AM »

It could all seem so comical if so many people weren't believing it :(  .

YES - this is very sad, but the Holy Bible tells us that the devil will deceive many. This has been true for the entire course of human history, but it's listed again as a sign of the end of this age. As Christians, the Bible tells us that no man knows the day or hour, but we should all have an urgency to share the GOOD NEWS with the lost. It really doesn't matter if we have 3 months, 3 years, 300 years, or 3,000 years left before the 2nd Coming of JESUS CHRIST. This might be the last day of life for the lost person we are trying to witness to, so there is always an urgency.

I would simply ask every Christian to never pass up an opportunity to share the GOOD NEWS. I'm convinced that GOD gives all of us opportunities to share on a regular basis, and we should use them. Today might also be our last day in this short life. We really don't know, and nobody but GOD does know. I must state that the young and the strong tend to never think about dying, but many of them die every day. SO, we should never put off something that deals with eternity. If you are lost and reading this - Don't wait another day - make your decision for CHRIST today!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 1:17 NASB  For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, "BUT THE RIGHTEOUS man SHALL LIVE BY FAITH."

Hebrews 11:6 NASB  And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

mississippi_jesus_chic

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2007, 11:13:32 PM »

Well if no one minds, I would like to throw my opinion in here.  I am almost 16 years old.  I think that the church shouldn't support waiting OR going ahead and getting married.  I think that the church should above anything else encourage the couple to pray, pray, pray!  It doesn't matter if we think we are old enough.  Age doesn't matter a bit if God doesn't want 2 people to be together.  I do agree that if you are older you will be more capable of making a good decision.  But, I think that there are probably just as many 25 clueless couples as there are 15 year olds.  If you tell kids to wait because they should wait until they are more mature, they are just gonna have sex so that they don't have to wait 10 years.  And if you tell them to go ahead and get married so they can have sex that's gonna be the 1 and only reason they get married in many cases, but not all.  As a teenager, I think that most of us are too young to really know if we are in love or just raging hormones and being gulible.  Also, I know that there is a good thought behind teenge premarital counseling, but I will tell you that in many cases, teenagers will sit through that class not paying the least bit of attention (we have a lot of practice at this).  They are just waiting for it to be over so that they can go and do their own thing. 
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 11:14:11 PM by mississippi_jesus_chic » Logged

Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.     Joshua 1:9
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the