Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:49:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Va. Tech Shooting
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Va. Tech Shooting  (Read 2405 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« on: April 16, 2007, 01:47:53 PM »

I ask y'all to pray, for the families at the Va. tech.  Last report, at least 32 are dead.  Please pray for the families.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 01:50:11 PM »

Prayers for them all.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 01:58:30 PM »

There are 28 injured (some from jumping out of a window in order to escapre). There are 4 that are critical. May we all be praying for these people.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 02:20:55 PM »

Praying also.

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
TigerLily
Gold Member

Laugh often,long & loud.Laugh until you feel it!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 02:42:01 AM »

will be praying as well... sad.. Sad

Remember that tho the storms of life may rage & stir things up, cause chaos and at times many hurts, etc...In the end, It can unearth the most beautiful of treasure! Keep Holding on to Jesus thru the storm & He will indeed show you the beauty of life after its all settled & peaceful, Its His Plan!
TigerLily
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007, 02:02:24 PM »

hi again.. I just wanted to say that I was watching the news and some other TV shows last night that mentioned this, My heart goes out to the families and friends of the victims,,,please know if any one on here is personally attached to this by friends or relationships or from that area, or just plain bothered by it like I am, , please know and remember that even thru something so horrifying as this, God is in control and He will be the strength that will carry these poor people thru this terrible time..
you know.. there are times when things like this or just something really heart wrenching.. and we as Gods children sometimes say, I wouldnt want to be them, to have to go thru something like this and not have God to turn to for help and strenght and guidance etc, my belief and thoughts on this is..your right, they may not be in the place that they will,. or feel worthy enuff that the God of all Ages would listen to them, or they just are so entrenched into thier sorrow that they dont beleive God can. will , or even cares enuff to help them,, this is what I think tho....that this is the exact time that we who know our God.. who have been there and made it thru by the Grace of God and only that.. we KNOW.. without a doubt of what God CAN and WILL and actually Wonts to help us more then we want or need his help, He is our very help in times of trouble..  this is the time that we need to step into the gap, be the one that prays.. God we know that this person.or these people arent serving you, may not even see thier need to know you, but they are going thru such a horrible thing that we ask that you would send ministering angels to watch over them, we pray that You Our Heavenly Father would extend your wings of protection and help them feel that they arent alone thru this, Do whatever it takes, to show them thier need for you,,prayers that not only will lift them up out of... and thru the fires they are in, but prayers, that when the dust settles.. they have no choice but to admit that but for the grace of Almighty God... Id not be here.. or whatever the situation is,, that they will see thier most definite need of getting right with thier Saviour...
Now I know that ya'll know this already but I felt that someone. that may be reading this, thru member, or guest,  needed to be reminded of Gods grace.. and that we need to lift up our fellow man/woman and child when they need it most, Giving God all the Glory, and claiming that thru it all they find thier way to Him. and finally that God is ALWAYS in control of the situation.. His is Omnipotent, always was, is and always will be..He promises that He will NEVER leave.. NOR forsake you, Could it be, that the little gentle tug that someone feels on thier lives is that gentle knocking is God wanting to take up residence in your life? He will never force Himself on you.. But He loves you sooo much that He gave His very Life, willingly and continues to work in all our lives.., I just pray that the poor dear, victims of this terribly sad thing that has happened was serving you,!

Lord In Jesus name I pray you will be with the families, friends , the town etc, all those who have cause to mourn, for this situation and soo many many more  as the day of your returning is drawing so very close.. It seems this world is just getting so full of hardships, sorrow, But thank You God that as that song goes... Tears  will never stain, the streets of that city,..... no pain nor death at my mansions door......tear drops arent welcomed beyond the gates of Glory.... cause the heart, will never break anymore    (Its not exactly word for word.. just the parts I remember.. Its a Dottie Rambo song..) theres another song, I'm lookin for the lyrics.. I used to sing it some at church.. its a Beautiful song.. and very fitting... "Tears are a Language.. God Understands..."

Sorry for this being long, but felt to express , best I could , my heart..

Luv and Hugs
TL
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 02:28:13 PM by tigerlily » Logged

Remember that tho the storms of life may rage & stir things up, cause chaos and at times many hurts, etc...In the end, It can unearth the most beautiful of treasure! Keep Holding on to Jesus thru the storm & He will indeed show you the beauty of life after its all settled & peaceful, Its His Plan!
TigerLily
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2007, 02:46:31 PM »

I know these are songs.. and I know there is a place on the board for that, I understand that.. I personally felt that these songs are very fitting for this request, and really for most any request and thought that maybe when someone comes on to request something and hasnt got time and is upset and needing prayer.. they will see these and maybe listen to them, they are beautiful and soo very fitting songs, So to the Mods.. forgive me for mixing teh board some, I do apologise for that, but I do hope yous allow it to stay here.. and listen to them yourselves iffen yous havent heard them before they will bless you!!
Luv TL

http://www.sharonhusarik.com/lyrics/lytrstst.htm     <---link if you want to listen to the song)

If I could count all the tears that have fallen
It would seem like an ocean to me.
If my heart were a window you could look through
Oh the pain and scars you would see.

But tears will never stain the streets of that city
No wreath of death on my mansion door.
Teardrops aren't welcome beyond the gates of Glory
And the heart will never break anymore.

I've never met one man without sorrow
And I've never looked into eyes with no pain.
But I know a land where grief is a stranger
And joy is the only song they sing.

I have questioned the loss of a loved one
When the pain seems so final and cold.
But we'll meet again in a land where death has no victory
And we'll never grow old.

And tears will never stain the streets of that city
No wreath of death on my mansion door.
Teardrops aren't welcome beyond the gates of Glory
And the heart will never break anymore.
No, the heart will never break anymore.

http://www.sharonhusarik.com/lyrics/lytrlng.htm   <---link for Tears ar a language

Tears are a Language       

Often you wonder why tears come into your eyes
And burdens seem to be much more than you can stand.
But God is standing near. He sees your falling tears
And tears are a language God understands.

God sees the tears of a brokenhearted soul.
He sees your tears and hears them when they fall.
God weeps along with man and He takes him by the hand.
Tears are a language God understands.

When grief has left you low it causes tears to flow
When things have not turned out the way that you had planned.
But God won't forget you His promises are true.
And tears are a language that my God He understands.

God sees the tears of a brokenhearted soul.
He sees your tears and hears them when they fall.
God weeps along with man and He takes him by the hand.
Tears are a language God understands
Tears are a language that my God He understands.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 02:57:50 PM by tigerlily » Logged

David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2007, 06:28:40 PM »

I think it is important to pray for the killer's family too

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2007, 06:36:58 PM »

Amen David, that it is. The parents were so devastated they both had to be hospitalized.

Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2007, 07:04:55 PM »

Amen David, that it is. The parents were so devastated they both had to be hospitalized.

I hadn't heard anything about the parents on the tv news and did wonder about them.

I know our prayers are with everyone involved.  I felt numb for 2 days after this....I guess it was like shock.

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2007, 08:29:30 PM »

I think it is important to pray for the killer's family too
AMEN David, if y'all look I counted him in the death count.

islandboy
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2007, 09:55:42 PM »

The Virgina Tech shootings have been on my mind and heart. My thoughts and prayers are with the families of all those young adults and teachers that lost their lives. My hope is that they all can recover and go on with their lives in loving remembrance of their children, husband's and wife's. Each time a tragedy like this accrues it reminds us all how much we really need one another and the importance of going to our knees in prayer and thanksgiving. May God bless each and everyone of those involved.

Be not weary in your serving; Do your best for those in need; Kindness will be rewarded by the Lord who prompts the deed.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the