Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:49:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Computer Hardware and Software (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Windows XP to be retired in 2008
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Windows XP to be retired in 2008  (Read 8360 times)
daniel1212av
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2007, 10:32:52 PM »

dear blackeyedpeas, Thanks for responding, and i am aware of the MS ethos. And this PC runs mostly on freeware. (if i could write software that is what it would be).  While it is certainly biblical to make a living off the honest work of your hands, as we also know from Scripture, affluence and power are very hard to handle rightly, and the tendency is to become arrogant and yet enslaved by insecurity about losing power.  But we can also thank God for such instrumentation that can be used for good, such as this forum, and it was largely MS that God used to develop it, while the devil uses it for evil.

I have tried Christian Ubuntu - and some unbelieving users are not happy we have our own version by the way - but again i find it too wanting, or too consuming as yet to enable it to do all that i need it to do. As you can see, i have a lot of programs, even though this PC is ony 3 months.

But while i think Vista is little improvement over XP, and  it may not be very long before MS comes out with another OS,  if God wills i hope to see Linux develop more, esp. the Christian version. If a few versions  One thing that Vista has improved, is on voice commands, so that even with Basic you can type via voice (speech to text, and vice versa). The way i type that may come in handy!

" The truth is in JESUS" (Eph. 4:21b).
www.peacebyjesus.com
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2007, 11:42:00 PM »

Hello Daniel1212av,

This forum has been running on Linux for many years unless things have changed again. It should be on a server running Linux Apache. Many Christian organizations are moving to Linux and other open source software. In fact, many governments and businesses are moving to Linux. As for me, I can do without some of the functions that Windows touts.

Things have gotten to the point of ridiculous with corporations trying to run our lives. I'm done with that, and I don't care if what I'm moving to has less functions. It will handle what I want to do quite nicely. I don't need a server, but I would chose a Linux server if I did, and that would be primarily for security and money reasons. I understand that many folks always want the latest and greatest, and they are willing to pay for it. I'm no longer interested. I'll make donations to people making free software that I like and use. As for me, I'm through spending money with Microsoft, but everyone is most welcome to make their own choices. I've made mine. I don't need Microsoft software to do volunteer work for the LORD. Everything I need to do or want to do can be handled quite nicely with completely free Linux software. I'll use the money I save with much more worthy recipients than Microsoft.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the