Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:03:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286978 Posts in 27572 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Where are muslims Persecuted?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where are muslims Persecuted?  (Read 2067 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« on: April 08, 2007, 07:21:51 PM »

Where are muslims Persecuted?

There Is Not One Christian Nation On Earth Where muslims Are Persecuted.

Yet in 83% of nations where the majority of the population are muslims, there is systematic government persecution of Christians. This persecution includes imposing the death penalty for sharing the Christian faith with a muslim; national laws prohibiting conversion from islam to Christianity; destruction of churches; and murder or expulsion of Christian missionaries. Even in the few predominantly Muslim countries where the government does not openly participate in the persecution, it ignores and even encourages illegal persecution by Muslims against Christians.

The laws of most of these islamic nations give lip service to religious freedom. Nothing could be further from the truth. In most of the countries I researched, the death penalty was common for converting from islam to Christianity (or any other religion). Christians receive no protection from these governments when they are persecuted; indeed, most often the governments themselves are the persecutors. Children of Christians are stolen from their parents so that they can be raised as Muslims. Speaking about Christianity to a muslim can result in beatings, long prison sentences and even death.

In Sudan, Christians are sold into slavery or murdered for no other crime than naming the Name of Christ. Over two million have been murdered, and 200,000 have been sold into slavery by their government. An organization named Christian Solidarity International has raised money to buy almost 60,000 slaves from their captors and free them. One 22-year-old Protestant girl, a virgin, was captured by government soldiers and raped repeatedly for five days as she was marched through the jungle tied to twenty other slaves. Many women and children died during this march. She was then used as a slave and forced to study Islam.

What about our "allies"? You can dress a monster up in a pinstriped suit, teach him to speak formally and use the right fork at state dinners, and put him in a group of diplomats for a photo opportunity, but that doesn't make him civilized. Our "friends" in the international community, including Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Egypt, and our most recent buddy, Pakistan, are all guilty of atrocities against Christians based on nothing other than their profession of faith.  Allow me emphasize that we are not talking about a radical minority of citizens acting on their own. We are talking about systematic state persecution, state murder and state crimes against humanity, all legal according to the various constitutions and laws of these vicious nations.

Turkey, our "military ally", is 99.8% muslim. Recently, eight Americans were arrested in Turkey for the "crime" of giving away copies of the New Testament. In 1974 Turkey overran Cyprus which is 80% Christian and has ruled that small nation with an iron fist since then. The Turkish government expelled thousands of Orthodox Christians, then took a thousand-year-old monastery and turned it into a mosque! Imagine the international outcry if a mosque anywhere were to be stolen by a government and turned into a Christian church.

The Libyan government took a Christian Cathedral and converted it to a mosque. In Kuwait, the nation America's military saved from a brutal occupation by Iraq, the government tries to bribe Christians to convert to islam. A Kuwaiti Christian was recently condemned to die by the religious court for converting from islam. It should come as no surprise that 150,000 Christians have fled Iraq to avoid persecution. Over 150 Christian churches have been demolished in Iraq, where death is the penalty for proclaiming faith in Christ.

NOW, you tell me islam is peacful? Fair warning, I'll laugh at you, for that!

Resting in the gentle arms of our Lord.
Bob

Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 08:06:48 PM »

Where are muslims Persecuted?

There Is Not One Christian Nation On Earth Where muslims Are Persecuted.

Yet in 83% of nations where the majority of the population are muslims, there is systematic government persecution of Christians. This persecution includes imposing the death penalty for sharing the Christian faith with a muslim; national laws prohibiting conversion from islam to Christianity; destruction of churches; and murder or expulsion of Christian missionaries. Even in the few predominantly Muslim countries where the government does not openly participate in the persecution, it ignores and even encourages illegal persecution by Muslims against Christians.

The laws of most of these islamic nations give lip service to religious freedom. Nothing could be further from the truth. In most of the countries I researched, the death penalty was common for converting from islam to Christianity (or any other religion). Christians receive no protection from these governments when they are persecuted; indeed, most often the governments themselves are the persecutors. Children of Christians are stolen from their parents so that they can be raised as Muslims. Speaking about Christianity to a muslim can result in beatings, long prison sentences and even death.

In Sudan, Christians are sold into slavery or murdered for no other crime than naming the Name of Christ. Over two million have been murdered, and 200,000 have been sold into slavery by their government. An organization named Christian Solidarity International has raised money to buy almost 60,000 slaves from their captors and free them. One 22-year-old Protestant girl, a virgin, was captured by government soldiers and raped repeatedly for five days as she was marched through the jungle tied to twenty other slaves. Many women and children died during this march. She was then used as a slave and forced to study Islam.

What about our "allies"? You can dress a monster up in a pinstriped suit, teach him to speak formally and use the right fork at state dinners, and put him in a group of diplomats for a photo opportunity, but that doesn't make him civilized. Our "friends" in the international community, including Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Egypt, and our most recent buddy, Pakistan, are all guilty of atrocities against Christians based on nothing other than their profession of faith.  Allow me emphasize that we are not talking about a radical minority of citizens acting on their own. We are talking about systematic state persecution, state murder and state crimes against humanity, all legal according to the various constitutions and laws of these vicious nations.

Turkey, our "military ally", is 99.8% muslim. Recently, eight Americans were arrested in Turkey for the "crime" of giving away copies of the New Testament. In 1974 Turkey overran Cyprus which is 80% Christian and has ruled that small nation with an iron fist since then. The Turkish government expelled thousands of Orthodox Christians, then took a thousand-year-old monastery and turned it into a mosque! Imagine the international outcry if a mosque anywhere were to be stolen by a government and turned into a Christian church.

The Libyan government took a Christian Cathedral and converted it to a mosque. In Kuwait, the nation America's military saved from a brutal occupation by Iraq, the government tries to bribe Christians to convert to islam. A Kuwaiti Christian was recently condemned to die by the religious court for converting from islam. It should come as no surprise that 150,000 Christians have fled Iraq to avoid persecution. Over 150 Christian churches have been demolished in Iraq, where death is the penalty for proclaiming faith in Christ.

NOW, you tell me islam is peacful? Fair warning, I'll laugh at you, for that!

Resting in the gentle arms of our Lord.
Bob

Yes, atrocities are occurring against Christians in Muslim countries, I agree.  But we do need to reach out with Christ's love and love individual Muslims.  Elsewise, how will they get to know what real Christians are like?  Most of them have distorted ideas about Christians and Christianity because of the junk on tv, in movies, etc.   Some Muslims are so happy to be living in the USA and are just regular people....so let's try to be friendly and perhaps they will come to know the gift of salvation through Christ as a result.

I help a couple of indigenous missions to Muslims through Christian Aid and regularly get a prayer letter from one in Iraq.  They say the people in Iraq are so eager to received a New Testament (only cost $2 to print).  They have given out many, many thousands of copies....even are allowed to do so in the schools!!  Churches are being built....one in Ninevah has recently opened.

Also, the peaceful, Northern part of Iraq (mainly Kurdish) is inviting the Christians to move up to that region....they will even give them free land to build churches!!!  This is truly a wonderful thing!!!   Also, at Christmas the Iraqi tv was saying Merry Christmas (rather than happy holidays)!  The mission writes this has all occurred since the overthrow of Saddam Hussein.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 08:11:53 PM by Debp » Logged

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 03:34:48 AM »

Yes, atrocities are occurring against Christians in Muslim countries, I agree.  But we do need to reach out with Christ's love and love individual Muslims.  Elsewise, how will they get to know what real Christians are like?  Most of them have distorted ideas about Christians and Christianity because of the junk on tv, in movies, etc.   
Keep in mind that what they have seen on TV and movies and such is not the movies and TV that you and I watch.  And the distortions are by their own teachings of that in the Quran. 

Some Muslims are so happy to be living in the USA and are just regular people....so let's try to be friendly and perhaps they will come to know the gift of salvation through Christ as a result.
I agree that we should continue to stretch out our hands to them in the love of Christ.  However we should also not allow that to cloud or discernment with them.  Their religion, which stresses that their governmental structure should be a theocracy called Shiara Law.  So their religion is their government.  And this religion states that non-believers are second rate citizens, and that Jews and Christians are worse than that.

And we as a nation are allowing the cancer to grow.  We have Islamic inmans giving prayers to state Legistlative sessions that put down Jews and Christians.  A Senator that swore an oath on the Quran.  And another Senator with Islamic history in the run for the White House.  We could see the initiation of Islamic rule in the United States before we ever got close to a female President.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 08:27:27 AM »

I disagree with the original post somewhat. Muslims are being persecuted and it is by other muslims. Many of them have been forced into the religion of islam and any variances from that belief system can mean death for them.

Amen Brother Jerry.

islamist want to take over the entire world. Yes, we need to reach out to these people with the word and love of God. At the same time we must also fight against the evil that is perpetuated by them. We must continue in the fight to prevent them from taking over the entire world. As I have said before the battle against evil is not fought just on one front alone.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 06:40:23 PM »

Some Muslims are extremely happy to be out from under Islamic law.....so we should definitely try to reach out to these people with the love of Christ.  What if you or I had been born in a Muslim country.....that is all they know and have been taught.  Also, as I mentioned, they usually have a distorted idea of Christians/Christianity.  So we can really be ambassadors for Christ if we will try to reach out to them...in love and led of the Holy Spirit.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 06:41:57 PM by Debp » Logged

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the