Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:02:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Just For Women (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  god does answer prayers in his time not ours
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: god does answer prayers in his time not ours  (Read 22933 times)
gina

View Profile
« on: April 05, 2007, 12:05:03 PM »

hi it is gina and yes god does answer prayers.  as some of you know my husband and i had seperated, but now he has asked to come home.  he ended the relationship with the other person and has promised not to hurt me like that again( first time he has promised me this ever).  he has met with the pastor of our church and last sunday walked to the front of the church during an alter call to rededicate his life to the lord.  i have been praying and knew if it was god's will then he would make it happen.  i kknow that we have alot of work ahead of us  and that we both have to work on forgiving one another for past mistakes.  thank you all for praying for me thru this time that satan had a hold on my husband.  just keep on praying that satan loses his battle to hold on to my husband and that god will give him the strength to move on and work things out for him.  thanks and god bless.

in god's unending grace,

gina
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 12:17:01 PM »

Yes, I will keep you both in my prayers.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 12:35:11 PM »

Oh Gina, I am so happy not just for you and your children, but for your husband too.

I too am going to keep you all in my prayers.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 12:55:33 PM »

Amen to that.  Things have just begun and continued prayers will flow.  God is good and yes all prayers are answered in His time and to the good He sees.  I am so happy to hear this news. 

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 07:33:43 AM »

That's right GOD is faithful and true and will never go back on HIS Word.

Joh 14:13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
gina

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 01:15:24 PM »

help, he is starting to back slide, his friend has not stopped emailing him, and he hasn't told her to stop either.  i pray daily for him, he knows that if he sees her at all, that i will ask him to leave.  that i can not be put thru this again.  he said he was allowing her to email him so that he could make her feel the hurt that he felt from her.  i said two wrongs don't make a right, and you should stop playing games.  he says he feels guilty that she is alone, i said you shouldln't because she was planning on leaving her husband before you got involved with her, so she was going to be alone anyway.  i am so confused by him.  he hasn't seen her yet.  he gets mad at me that i bring her up in our conversations, i said i do because you kept her a secret and i was blindsided by her, and i don't want to be blind sided again.  i live daily with the fear that he will leave again, that he will come home from work and say he has chosen her again over me.  i try and not to let the fear run my life, i turn it over to God daily.  i think he wants me to say he can go back to her and that i will be okay without him.  but i love him with all my heart.  maybe i am being selfish by wanting him for myself and not letting him go be "happy" with someone else.  just pray for me ok.

gina
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 01:26:08 PM »

My prayers are with you both, gina.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2007, 02:48:23 PM »

Gina I will continue with the prayers.

May I suggest getting rid of the Internet access.  If he has no access he cannot get email.  I know that we will not get to talk to you but you can go to the library and update us Smiley

I would also talk with the pastor and have him involved as well.  Maybe further nudging is needed.  And maybe the threat of you leaving him instead of fearing him leaving you is needed as well. 

Either way continue to pray that God's will be done.  And leave it at the alter for Jesus to handle.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
gina

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2007, 07:35:40 AM »

brother jerry, he has internet at work that he has access to.  he is on a work committee that he chairs, so he needs emails to talk to others on this committee.  she is on this committee with him.  that is originally how they met.  he has a meeting today, he says i have nothing to worry about. but i am still worried.  just keep on praying that god will direct me on what to do next.  i love him with all my heart.

gina
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2007, 05:19:38 PM »

Gina I will pray.  Put your trust in God and He will work things out in His time and according to His will.

Ah the good ole days when we used to call people and write letters....LOL

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------

gina

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2007, 07:25:22 AM »

yeah the good ole days, who still write letters now a days.  it is so simple just to sit and type at the computer.  i do have a question though, i have written an email to this other person, it is not a very nice email, i did not call her names, but told her what i thought of her and the situation she and him have created, now do i send it.  i have written before and not sent them because i just needed to vent and let things out before i took them out on my kids or someone else who didn't deserve it.  i know if i do send it, he will be mad at me because he is always trying to protect her from me, i was never allowed to upset her or contact her..  i have prayed about this and i don't know if god is saying yes to send it, or if it is just what i want?  thanks for praying...

gina
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2007, 08:49:09 AM »

Some times it is best if we let sleeping dogs lay. As much as you have been hurt over this situation we must also remember to do as the Bible tells us,

Col 3:17  And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

That includes such times as this.

gina

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2007, 10:19:58 AM »

thank you, i will keep praying for god's direction in this situation.  i told him i wanted a relationship with him, i just did not want to co-exist with him, co-habitat with him.  i want to be involved in his life and i want him involved in mine.  right now he sits on the couch trying not to look miserable because he says he misses her so much.  he saw her yesterday at his committee meeting and said when he came home yesterday afternoon he was fine with being here, but as the day wore on he didn't want to be here but stayed.  he said he saw the difference in his feelings for her and me.  he still says he does not love me.  that he only loves her.  that he never really had any room in his heart for me ever.  but he says he is hoping by spending time with me that things will change, but i asked him how that works when he still won't really let go of her.  i am so confused, i just keep turning to the lord in pray for help in this.

god bless those who are praying for me

gina
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2007, 10:40:45 AM »

Hi gina,

Do you both have someone locally that you can get counselling through togethere? A good Christian marriage counsellor that you both would feel comfortable with. I strongly suggest that you seek someone like this out if you have not already done so. I am sure that all here are very glad that you are coming here for support, which we all are glad to give and will continue to do so, but I think that you need someone on a more personal basis that cannot be given on any forum and it needs to be done with both of you together. Your husband may reject this idea at first but I would assure him that if he is really earnest in wanting his marriage with you to work that this is something that needs to be done.

Neither one of you needs to be in this turmoil nor to be going back and forth over this. It is not helping either of you.

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2007, 12:04:13 PM »

What PR said.

A good pastor or councilor is in need. 

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the