Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:31:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The Noose Tightens(Gay Rights)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Noose Tightens(Gay Rights)  (Read 5359 times)
musicllover

Seek ye first the kingdom of God.........

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2003, 11:46:24 PM »

Symphony,
       Thank you, that is very sweet. You said
staying in the word and in prayer. I say Cheesy

amen and amen.

musicllover
Psalm 119

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2003, 11:11:07 AM »

""Likewise as it was also in the days of Lot: They ate, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they built (business as usual!) but on the day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed them all. Even so will it be in the day when the Son of Man is revealed." Luke 17:28-30

Compare the above verses to what is going on today! Everyone is going on like no big deal! What's all the fuss! But one day fire from heaven will appear!

Here is the believer's hope..... "Since it is a righteous thing with God to repay with tribulation those who trouble you, and to give you who are troubled rest with us when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels, in flaming fire taking vengenace on those who do not know God and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power.When He comes, in that Day to be glorified in His saints and to be admired among all those who believe, because our testimony among you was believed. 2Thess 1:6-10

Until then, we shall be troubled like poor Lot.

Psalm 119
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2003, 05:56:34 PM »

Thank you, Psalm, good scripture.  As it was in the days of Noah.  I'm still in shock, since Clinton announced the don't ask thing in the miliary, in 1992.  And can't get use to the idea that everyone here in US is just rolling over like that sluggard there in Proverbs, "...as the door turns upon its hinges, so the sluggard turns upon his bed...".

I "heard" that ret. General Wesley Clark was even saying that a 1000 plus gays in the military redeemed themselves in the current Gulf War.  Not sure if I heard correctly, but it sounded like he was endorsing it.

Katherine

Being a Christian means being EXACTLY like Christ!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2003, 05:11:31 PM »

First of all, Santorum NEVER compared homosexuality to those other acts. He was talking about the impact that changing the laws regarding sodomy would have on the laws regarding the other acts.

Secondly, Christians have a duty to stand up for what is right. We are the salt of the earth. But in the process we can't forget to DO what is right. It is not our place to condemn anyone to hell or to harrass anyone, it is however our place to judge between right and wrong, but most importantly, it's to show the love and compassion of Jesus Christ. I don't think Jesus would have treated the homosexual any different than the prostitutes.

God bless us if we're right! God forgive us if we're wrong.
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2003, 05:55:33 PM »

Thank you, Katherine.  

Maybe if you get a chance, you might take a look at mine, "Diplomacy: Gays.", here on this same column?  It regard's Pres. Bush's mention of gays today during his press conference...?
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2003, 08:54:01 AM »

CBS RAdio News this morning, of 250 corporations surveyed, 95 % bar discrimination based on "sexual orientation"--including bisexuals, it said.

"Bisexual" by definition then, like the other varieties, means basically, "immorality".

So the corporations, like the governenments, and now the churches, are all actually endorsing immorality, as a matter of course.

Let's see(scratches wooden head, says, "duh"),   "...the great harlot who is seated upon many waters, with whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and with the wine of whose fornication the dwellers on earth have become drunk...
...holding in her hand a golden cup full of abomination...    And I saw the woman, drunk with the blood of the saints and the blood of the martyrs of Jesus."  (Rev. 17:1b-6).

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2003, 07:26:44 PM »

Christians may consider homosexuality to be unnatural and sinful and that is perfectly understandable in the context of their beliefs

Hmmm.  In the "context of our beliefs".  Hmmm.

Wrong.  It's what the scriptures say.  Jesus dutifully and regularly quoted from the Old Testament.

It's not even whether we "believe" them, someguy.  

It's whether they are true.

If they aren't true, then, as you say, it's not right that they would apply to everybody or, even, to just the believers since, if they aren't true, even the believers won't be held accountable either, in the end.

The whole thing isn't about whether someone believes it.

It's about whether it's true--judgement, eternal  life, damnation, salvation--and salvation through only one person, the man Jesus Christ.

That's all it is about--whether that is true, or not, someguy.

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2004, 03:34:20 AM »

Hmm, five months later....

Corpus here on a separate thread just cited UK article mentioning illegal now to even criticize homosexual behavior...
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2004, 06:51:07 AM »

Per the thread title:

http://www.religionjournal.com/showarticle.asp?id=1134

Gay Behavior Becoming More Common in High Schools
Some adolescents confused about their sexual identity

Overtly gay behavior is becoming more common in American schools.

Some quotes from the article.....

"This year, for the first time, a curriculum guide written by a gay-rights group is being used in public schools to teach children about same-sex marriage.

The guide, written by the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network, was released in September. It is accessible to teachers on the group's Web site.

Books such as "When John and Jim Say 'I Do' " are recommended in the curriculum, and students are asked to think about what it would be like to be in a same-sex wedding.

The real goal of the gay-rights group is not equality, but turning children into homosexuals, Camenker said. The group denies the charge.

When teens see examples in popular culture, such as Britney Spears kissing Madonna, "they're encouraged to try it all," according to Breakpoint columnist Charles Colson. "The most detrimental message is 'Anything goes – everything's
legitimate.' "

Teenage girls are becoming confused, Colson said. "When a girl hugs another girl, she may wonder if she's lesbian, or shy away from once-innocent behavior for fear of being thought lesbian. Add to that the possibility that girls may be reacting to bad experiences with boys, and we have complete confusion."

Parents "need to encourage kids like never before that God designed them in His image, and He has a specific design for our relationships. They don't have to try out everything, only to be left in the end with nothing," Colson said."

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2004, 11:33:38 PM »

Thank you, sincereheart...
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the