Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:15:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286800 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The Noose Tightens(Gay Rights)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Noose Tightens(Gay Rights)  (Read 5357 times)
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: April 23, 2003, 05:11:39 PM »

Gay Groups Want Santorum Out of Leadership

E-Mail This Article

Printer-Friendly Version

Subscribe to The Post

By LARA JAKES JORDAN
The Associated Press
Tuesday, April 22, 2003; 10:45 AM

WASHINGTON - Gay-rights groups, fuming over Sen. Rick Santorum's comparison of homosexuality to bigamy, polygamy, incest and adultery, urged Republican leaders Monday to consider removing the Pennsylvania lawmaker from the GOP Senate leadership.

A coalition of groups in Washington and Pennsylvania compared Santorum's remarks to those by those last December by former Senate Majority Leader Trent Lott about Strom Thurmond's 1948 segregationist campaign for the presidency. Shortly afterward, Lott was forced to resign as Republican Senate leader.

Santorum is chairman of the GOP conference in the Senate, third in his party's leadership, behind Majority Leader Bill Frist of Tennessee and Assistant Majority Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky.

"We're urging the Republican leadership to condemn the remarks. They were stunning in their insensitivity, and they're the same types of remarks that sparked outrage toward Sen. Lott," said David Smith, a spokesman for the Human Rights Campaign, the nation's largest gay advocacy organization. "We would ask that the leadership reconsider his standing within the conference leadership."

In an interview with The Associated Press, Santorum criticized homosexuality while discussing a pending Supreme Court case over a Texas sodomy law.

"If the Supreme Court says that you have the right to consensual (gay) sex within your home, then you have the right to bigamy, you have the right to polygamy, you have the right to incest, you have the right to adultery. You have the right to anything," Santorum, R-Pa., said in the interview, published Monday.

Santorum spokeswoman Erica Clayton Wright said the lawmaker's comments were "were specific to the Supreme Court case."

The White House did not immediately return a call seeking comment, and a spokesman for Senate Majority Leader Frist declined comment.

Lott resigned his post in December after making remarks at a 100th birthday celebration for Thurmond that were widely considered racially insensitive and condemned by the White House. Lott later apologized.

Among the groups condemning Santorum's remarks were the Center for Lesbian and Gay Civil Rights, the Pennsylvania Log Cabin Republicans, OutFront, and the Pennsylvania Gender Rights Coalition.

---

On the Net:

Sen. Rick Santorum: http://santorum.senate.gov/

Human Rights Campaign: http://www.hrc.org/

© 2003 The Associated Press

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2003, 05:17:22 PM »

Thanks Bro  Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2003, 11:49:21 PM »

I didn't say whether I "like" homosex'y or not.  I said in the bible it's an abomination.

It's a "confusion":(Leviticus 18): 22  "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.
   23: And thou shalt not lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith; neither shall any woman stand before a beast, to lie down thereto: it is confusion.
   24: Defile not ye yourselves in any of these things: for in all these the nations are defiled which I cast out from before you;
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2003, 03:17:09 AM »

I say as good God fearing Christians we send him a letter of congrats on standing up for that which is right.

I'd say his stance is true and correct because sodomy is on the same level as those others.  It's pretty sad to see that people are slowly beginning to to believe the lie that gays deserve rights as race of people.  They aren't a race of people the are sexual diviants defying God and living a disgusting lifestyle.  I pray that more gay people will be saved and turn from their sin like all other sinners.  Ask the burning ashes of sodom how God felt about messing with the plumbing.

It's not bigotry to dispise and hate something that is OBVIOUSLY wrong.  There is no defense for homosexual lifestyle.  It's not "in the genes" and it's contrary to nature.  

It's also wrong for heterosexual people to engage in sodomy not just gays.

God bless,
Jason

Saved_4ever
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2003, 03:18:46 AM »

I didn't say whether I "like" homosex'y or not.

UH OH symph are you turning to the dark side.  Grin  You think it's sexy now huh.   Wink

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2003, 06:43:51 AM »

he's unfairly criticising people. we don't need bigoted people in washington.

Um?, homosexual acts were listed as a felony in most states until very recently. It may still be a felony in the majority of states. If it's a serious crime in many places and completely condemned by the Holy Bible, what's the big deal of JUSTLY CRITICISING AND CONDEMNING THOSE FOLKS?

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2003, 09:05:09 PM »

and one final note: the Bible isn't that great of an argument, it's a great argument for why you find it immoral, but there is a line between morality and legality that some of you obviously aren't seeing.

You obviously didn't read my post. This behavior is still a felony crime in most states. Let's assume they take all of those laws off the books and pay no attention at all to the Holy Bible. Guess what:

I will never approve of that behavior, period, end of story. I will still pay attention to the Holy Bible and condemn that behavior for as long as I live. They can't make a law that will make me accept and respect that behavior. The rest is all a moot argument for me. I CONDEMN THAT BEHAVIOR, PERIOD.

Saved_4ever
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2003, 02:58:03 AM »

I don't see why you think that people who think EXIT ONLY means, "I can go in if I want" deserve "special" rights.  To pretend this is an anti-gay thing is plain ignorance.  It's pretty simple too you see, NO ONE is allowed by law to do such a thing.  It's not just homosexual people.  By your retarded (that means slow) logic before you know it, we won't be allowed to say stealing is wrong because we just might be infringing upon brigands rights?  Please think a little harder before you swallow this homosexual agenda without even needing some water to wash it down with.

Homosexual people OFTEN (I have had more then enough experinces) try to recruit you.  They say that's just not so ,but I can't even begin to count the number of times a gay person has tried to convince me I'm actually or may be gay.  They do that all the time and it's most repugnant, and then we get labled liars for something they do often.  If I constantly ask you "are you SURE you don't want to smoke some weed?" over and over again you'd be pretty annoyed wouldn't you?  To constantly tell someone (and it wasn't just me or anything) or imply something like that is beyond rude and can't be labled anything other than RECRUITING people into a disgusting lifestyle.

One might take note that it's illegal to pay for sex as well.  What?!?! someone should have the right to tell me I can't pay a hooker to have sex with me?!?!  How unjust!, I declare we need to fix these unjust laws that infringe upon my personal rights.  As a matter of fact why should any tell me I can't smoke some weed in my house?  Etc, etc etc.

Yes it's ALL the same.  There is NO defense for the homosexual lifestyle and the many abhorrent things they proclaim.  
« Last Edit: April 30, 2003, 05:31:11 AM by Saved_4ever » Logged

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2003, 03:35:02 AM »

Hmmm, well anyway, the Santorum statement comes from the case pending before the U.S. Supreme Court right now, as to whether the Texas law forbidding sodomy is a violation of the right to privacy.

In other words, what one does in private is none of the government's or anyone else's business.

It's assumed by many or most that that Texas sodomy law will now be overturned, otherwise, says columnist John Leo, why would the U.S. Sup. Court have taken the case?

John Leo in U.S. News this week(May 5) says that even the activist gays intimate this may open the gates to all sorts of deviant behavior, which was Santorum's point.  If your right to privacy is absolute, you can do anything you want--bygamy, polygamy, incest---and homosexuality.

Yes, Jason, I looked at that phrase you quote there, and thought it sure could be taken that way.  Good point.  I decided to leave it as is.  Obviously, homosexuality is wrong, I find it wrong.
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2003, 01:02:33 AM »

You won't get it unless God  let's you at this point.  If you can't figure out that nature itself protests the gay lifestyle you're a fool.

Let me give you a brutal truth.  Aids is spread through blood.  Guess why it spread through the gay community at lightning speeds.  It has to do with nature my friend.  

There is no deffense for homosexual activity.  If you have never met a gay person that tried to tell you you where gay you must be lucky.  I live near philly not that that should have anything to do with it.

it's never happened to me, maybe people just think you're gay.

(and it wasn't just me or anything)

Learn to read, I'm not the only one this has happened to.  I think you are in denial or you live a pretty sheltered life.  These people I speak of and experiences where before i was saved, so it has nothing to do with being a Christian.

I argued from nature before and now I know that God doesn't approve either.

that's getting into two very different arguments, careful now.

No it's not at all.  You can pretend it's not.  The entire nation can pretend it's not.  Someday you will find out for sure and I can tell you God will not be changing his mind.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2003, 05:20:39 AM by Saved_4ever » Logged

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2003, 05:11:27 AM »

underground,

You called me a hateful person for condemning homosexual behavior. I condemn and hate the sin, not the person. That would be difficult to understand unless you know something about the Bible and have Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour.

It is just and correct for a Christian to condemn homosexual behavior. This will never change, regardless of what laws are passed. They can't make a law that forces respect of sin. I doubt you will understand what I just said, but I said it anyway. God loves the person, but hates the sin.

I could really care less who believes that homosexual behavior should be accepted and respected. I will never accept or respect homosexual behavior. If you don't like that, TOUGH!

I'm not a politician, and I don't have to be politically correct or sugar-coat abominable behavior. It's not hateful to call sin "SIN", and that's what it is.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2003, 05:16:46 AM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2003, 08:22:10 AM »

B, CE - Is that you?

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2003, 07:42:06 PM »

Um, duh?
Forrest
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2003, 09:12:52 PM »

underground,

You called me a hateful person for condemning homosexual behavior. I condemn and hate the sin, not the person. That would be difficult to understand unless you know something about the Bible and have Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour.

It is just and correct for a Christian to condemn homosexual behavior. This will never change, regardless of what laws are passed. They can't make a law that forces respect of sin. I doubt you will understand what I just said, but I said it anyway. God loves the person, but hates the sin.

I could really care less who believes that homosexual behavior should be accepted and respected. I will never accept or respect homosexual behavior. If you don't like that, TOUGH!

I'm not a politician, and I don't have to be politically correct or sugar-coat abominable behavior. It's not hateful to call sin "SIN", and that's what it is.
     Blackeyedpeas;
      Amen!!!!!!!!!!

Your Brother In Christ
          Forrest              
ROM 12:5 So we, [being] many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2003, 10:15:19 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to GarColga,

God doesn't change, the Holy Bible doesn't change, and the interpretation of the Bible doesn't change. Mankind changes, sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse.

The Scriptures in the Holy Bible that include any refererence to "master" are just as accurate and applicable today as they ever were. Man's interpretations are simply a matter of semantics and sometimes a matter of twisting Scripture to mean what they want. Is your employer your "master"? Are there other authorities in your life that the Holy Bible refers to that are just as accurate today as ever? By the way, many slaves were self-imposed slaves (bonded) as their only way to pay for passage, education, land, etc. My father's family are white and they were sharecroppers. They could have easily been called slaves, but they were self-imposed slaves.

Regardless of how badly some might want the Holy Bible to change and accept certain behavior, the Holy Bible will remain the same and unchanged.

In Christ.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the