Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:50:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286766 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  What are you doing? (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Encouraging Eachother
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Encouraging Eachother  (Read 5042 times)
baxley

View Profile
« on: March 29, 2007, 10:56:18 AM »

Encouraging eachother in the Lord is one of the things God has really impressed upon me to do. So saying that please allow me to share with you a story I read by Andrea Doering.

"TEND MY SHEEP" --- John 21:17

When I was growing up we lived near open fields tall and thick with grass. Twice a year a herd of sheep would appear and spend a month or so grazing – the latest in organic fire prevention efforts!
   The shepherd would park his little camper under a tree and disappear. I rarely saw him but I did see his sheep. I had to go through the fields to get to my best friend’s house.
   Most days we did just fine, the sheep and I. I raced down the hard dirt path on my Schwinn as they grazed in the field. But I learned the truth about sheep one day. As I rode over the hill and into the field the sheep had decided to stop in the middle of the road.
   I thought they would  move when I rode near them. They didn’t. I tried shouting. No response. It was as if I didn’t exist. Which from their point of view, I didn’t. I had no claim on them and they knew it. And if they weren’t sure before I spoke they were sure after. My voice gave it all away – I wasn’t the shepherd!   
   Finally the shepherd stepped out of his trailor, saw me and said a word. One word from him and the sheep moved. They knew he was in charge and they could trust him.
   There are times for all of us when we stand in the middle of our own fields listening to voices giving us direction. You may wonder how you can tell which voice is from God. I take heart from my memory of those sheep. We are the sheep of God's pasture. We know the Good Shepherd's voice, because we belong to Him, and we have "heard" it before, in His Word. When He speaks, you'll move and not a moment before. Trust me.

Be encouraged! When God speaks you will know His voice and trust Him.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 11:09:49 AM »

AMEN Baxley!

This is beautiful, and I thank you for sharing it with us. One of the main things I thought about while reading this was the absolute and complete trust that we can have in the GREAT SHEPHERD. Belonging to HIM and letting HIM guide us in all things is really common sense. HE is always willing, and HE never fails.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Ephesians 6:10-17 NASB  Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. Stand firm therefore, HAVING GIRDED YOUR LOINS WITH TRUTH, and HAVING PUT ON THE BREASTPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS, and having shod YOUR FEET WITH THE PREPARATION OF THE GOSPEL OF PEACE; in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. And take THE HELMET OF SALVATION, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 11:13:42 AM »

AMEN   Cheesy

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 11:18:52 AM »

Amen!

As a child on my families farms I spent a lot of time around sheep and this is so very true of them. It is also so very true that the Lord is our Shepherd and He will never lead us wrong.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the