Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 06:21:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Witnessing (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Share your witnessing methods!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Share your witnessing methods!  (Read 28581 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2007, 06:49:52 PM »

AMEN ISLANDBOY!

LOVE is a key ingredient to the best things in this short life.

GOD Loves us and wants to rescue us.

JESUS CHRIST Loved us enough to take our place and die for us on the CROSS.

Many young people don't have any real experience with LOVE these days. Many have parents who could care less about them, abuse them, or worse. They also lack anyone in their lives to respect, or they respect the wrong things because of the horrible role models they had or the horrible raising they had. SO, many of them become perfect candidates for street gangs - just to belong and feel that someone cares about them. It's also true that their respect and values system is turned inside-out because of what their lives have been permeated with (i.e. drugs, alcohol, violence, criminal activity). In all reality, many of them have been programmed all of their lives for being a loser, prison, and death. Christian LOVE and the LOVE of JESUS CHRIST might be the only thing that can break through the hard shell of protection they have devised for themselves over their short lives just to survive. There are 6 year-old children now who think about suicide. If they live to their teen years, they turn out the way they have been programmed unless someone intervenes. This is why so many Christian volunteers give their time in Vacation Bible Schools, sports programs, the YMCA, Boy Scouts, etc., etc.

Christian LOVE from someone is many times a glimpse at something that is foreign to everything they know. Wholesome activities might also represent a temporary escape from the torture they are receiving at home. Some of them escape completely with JESUS, but their young life is harder than anything we can imagine. Their parents could be drug addicts, criminals, and who knows!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Philippians 3:8-9 NASB  More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ, and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith,

faithgranny

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2007, 11:09:56 AM »

Amen islandboy. You sound like me in what I do.  To reach the youth and young adults I hunt for good CDs to give out.  Most are not in the mood for reading the Bible yet, where I go, but have access to a Player. It works well with them and then the next time I see them I have the Bibles for them and any Bible based books and study guides I can get   This is my ministry.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2007, 12:09:45 PM »

Amen, children are so important and often so neglected in the hearing of the word of God. It warms my heart to hear of others that also have a mission to children.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2007, 07:03:14 PM »

Most of the witnessing I do has been by having God place me in the right place at the right time. I have done special programs in churches and have spoken one on one to people I have met by accident or of people who have come to me for help. My parent's taught me to care for and be friends with all people regardless of race or color. Growing up many of my friends were the ones no one else wanted. Some were poor, disabled, had freckles, the quiet or shy ones etc..........the forgotten ones. My mother always  said of me that I  put everyone else before myself. I had never thought about i, I was just doing what I had learned about how we should live our lives from the Bible. I truly believe that "LOVE" of others is more important than "LOVE" of self.
When you strive to live a good Christian life, people who see this want to know more and will listen when you speak about God, and learn something from it that they in turn can apply to their lives.

I agree....when we sincerely love people with Christ's love, they are more apt to be open and listen to what we  have to say.

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
islandboy
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2007, 10:00:58 PM »

Amen to that.
It is putting that best foot forward and actively helping our people not just thinking about the grand things you could do, but getting out there and doing something. When I first came to Florida, I met a young woman who had a child, and in trying to keep this child clothed and fed she had no money to buy clothes for herself. Well, I was broke at that time, and yet it weighted on my mind. So I prayed about it long and hard asking God, for a way I could help. A few days later I went for a ride with a friend back in a wooded area  along a country rode. We found a bunch of stuff someone had dumped out along the road. Turns out there were bags of clothes just the right size for this woman and even a few toys in good condition. We loaded up everything we thought she could use and cleaned up the toys and washed the clothes and gave it all to her. There were tears of gratitude in her eyes and I felt humbled by the whole experience. God answered my prayers and hers as well.

Be not weary in your serving; Do your best for those in need; Kindness will be rewarded by the Lord who prompts the deed.
Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2007, 07:46:01 PM »

Amen to that.
It is putting that best foot forward and actively helping our people not just thinking about the grand things you could do, but getting out there and doing something. When I first came to Florida, I met a young woman who had a child, and in trying to keep this child clothed and fed she had no money to buy clothes for herself. Well, I was broke at that time, and yet it weighted on my mind. So I prayed about it long and hard asking God, for a way I could help. A few days later I went for a ride with a friend back in a wooded area  along a country rode. We found a bunch of stuff someone had dumped out along the road. Turns out there were bags of clothes just the right size for this woman and even a few toys in good condition. We loaded up everything we thought she could use and cleaned up the toys and washed the clothes and gave it all to her. There were tears of gratitude in her eyes and I felt humbled by the whole experience. God answered my prayers and hers as well.

That's wonderful!!   Wonderful that you were willing to take the time and do this for this lady and her child.

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
Paulduc

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2008, 07:34:07 PM »

I see that some of you use The Way of the Master. I have tried most all other methods to witness and a few years ago I discovered The Way of the Master thru a friend. I now use this method exclusively. I witness with others around Brown University in Rhode Island where you will find a lot of intellectuals. I love the way The Way of the Master circumnavigates the intelect so I don't get into an argument with them. We have good results with this method. We don't get a lot of decisions but we do plant a lot of seeds. Now I have expanded to witnessing on line. I go to a site called Second Life which is a 3D World with Avatars etc.. I witness there the same way I do on the streets of Rhode Island. I walk up to them and hand them a tract and say, do you have a christian background. Well you know the rest... Try second life, you can witness without even getting out of your PJ's. I now train others at my church, which is not that hard. All you have to do is watch a DVD. If anyone is interested, I have a web site at (       
                     to help those in my class. It has almost all the videos, books, audios, tracts etc. all in one place. If is site will be of any use to anyone here, feel free to use it.
I love The Way of the Master and there tract. What a good way to witness. If anyone is located in the Rhode Island area, maybe we can witness together some time. God Bless
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 07:43:50 PM by Pastor Roger » Logged
Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2008, 02:48:58 AM »

To witness effectively is to walk the talk...When friends, family are troubled..and especially when they do not have a prayer...they will seek you out..because they will know you are genuine by the way you live day by day...not just on Sunday and Wednesday night...but day by day...applying what God has instructed in His word to your life...We are to let our light shine before men..and lights do not make a sound, but the brightness draws people to the light when they are in darkness...It is easy to live for the Lord when things are going well but not so easy when things fall apart and believe me..people watch you and how you react to each circumstance...

Sincerely,
Maryjane

Again I say amen to this.

In my early years I would do 3 Spiritual Laws style evangelism.  But now I find that my life in Christ, and my sincere caring for people helps to open doors for sharing about my faith in Christ to them. 

Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2008, 11:55:24 PM »

When I first became a christian..I had so much zeal..everything that moved..I witnessed to..I gave out whatever I could to lead people to the Lord..The more mature I became as a christian..the more circumstances that would try to tear me to pieces would come..I thought I would be pounded down to the ground..and to this day there are still circumstances that try to tear me apart..but I think everyday how we are to endure to the end for to endure is to reign with Him..and because of grace we can..People see what I have been going through and wonder why I keep on going and it is then that God is glorified because it is only because of the greatness and the mercy of God that I keep on going and  live each day  to proclaim the greatness of our Lord and the blessed hope He gives ..We are not by word only christians..but living testimonies to glorify God and the Holy Spirit draws all men to the Lord as He uses those who are available to glorify Himself..in whatever we do..we never cease to witness and we will never be able to count those who have came to know the Lord for the glory is the Lord's..
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2008, 08:03:19 AM »

Amen Maryjane!

GOD didn't promise Christians an easy time in this life. We will have our trials, but GOD is with us and we will hopefully learn in our trials to grow stronger in CHRIST. GOD does get all of the GLORY!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Revelation 22:1 NASB  Then he showed me a river of the water of life, clear as crystal, coming from the throne of God and of the Lamb,

Revelation 22:2 NASB  in the middle of its street. On either side of the river was the tree of life, bearing twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit every month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

Revelation 22:3 NASB  There will no longer be any curse; and the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and His bond-servants will serve Him;

Revelation 22:4 NASB  they will see His face, and His name will be on their foreheads.

Revelation 22:5 NASB  And there will no longer be any night; and they will not have need of the light of a lamp nor the light of the sun, because the Lord God will illumine them; and they will reign forever and ever.

Revelation 22:6 NASB  And he said to me, "These words are faithful and true"; and the Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, sent His angel to show to His bond-servants the things which must soon take place.

Revelation 22:7 NASB  "And behold, I am coming quickly. Blessed is he who heeds the words of the prophecy of this book."

Revelation 22:8 NASB  I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I heard and saw, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who showed me these things.

Chara

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2008, 12:58:51 PM »

Being new at this format I took 30+ minutes to figure out how to find and write something. Please be patient.
As a new ministry with the local jail the opportunities to witness are endless. I have found that most people need to feel that someone cares and is interested in how they feel, think, and fear. If we reach them on the personal level they tend to listen when we offer them solutions that are not general or secular. All of us need to know that someone can help us even if the situation seems hopeless. I try to reach them on a conversational level and then offer Jesus and use examples of things He said and did.
When in other locations or situations, I let the Holy Spirit guide me. I have been known to ask my waitress if she knew the Lord and was saved but after general chit chat to promote some conversation and let her know how I believe. Praying prior to the meal when you eat out is a great witness starter just don't over do the contact by making them feel like you judge.
I pray for boldness to reach as many as the Lord sends my way. Presently, I am seeking to enrich my own studies and memory verses to have available when the situation calls for God's Word and not my own.
1 Cor 13 - says if we can do all things but do not have Love then nothing will be profited. I feel that to reach anyone even a stranger they have to feel the Love of Christ reaching out to them and that is the Holy Spirit working through out submitted lives.
I want to be all He can make me so that is why I look to others to help me remain just His vessel.

God's Best

Chara
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2008, 02:12:06 PM »

Amen Chara!

It looks like you learn quickly. You'll be a PRO at posting before you know it.

The content of what you're saying is beautiful, and your posts are looking GOOD.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2008, 08:58:39 PM »

Being new at this format I took 30+ minutes to figure out how to find and write something. Please be patient.
As a new ministry with the local jail the opportunities to witness are endless. I have found that most people need to feel that someone cares and is interested in how they feel, think, and fear. If we reach them on the personal level they tend to listen when we offer them solutions that are not general or secular. All of us need to know that someone can help us even if the situation seems hopeless. I try to reach them on a conversational level and then offer Jesus and use examples of things He said and did.
When in other locations or situations, I let the Holy Spirit guide me. I have been known to ask my waitress if she knew the Lord and was saved but after general chit chat to promote some conversation and let her know how I believe. Praying prior to the meal when you eat out is a great witness starter just don't over do the contact by making them feel like you judge.
I pray for boldness to reach as many as the Lord sends my way. Presently, I am seeking to enrich my own studies and memory verses to have available when the situation calls for God's Word and not my own.
1 Cor 13 - says if we can do all things but do not have Love then nothing will be profited. I feel that to reach anyone even a stranger they have to feel the Love of Christ reaching out to them and that is the Holy Spirit working through out submitted lives.
I want to be all He can make me so that is why I look to others to help me remain just His vessel.

God's Best

Chara

Amen.  We need to love and care for people, not just superficially.  People can tell if you really care or not.   Making friendships/having conversations with people is good and this can open up dialogue about our faith in Christ....especially, if people have seen that our faith in Christ does make a difference in how we get through life and handle our trials.

Recently, I read an article about a man that asked his neighbor to go to church with him for 5 years.  The man never went...always made excuses.  But one day, the Christian man invited his neighbor on an outdoors trip (fishing/hunting) with his men's church group.  The neighbor accepted that invitation...and after being with these men, and having a great time and seeing what they were really like....the neighbor actually asked to go to church with them the next Sunday!!  He and his family showed up at church and became Christians, too, a bit later.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the