Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:25:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286775 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  About You! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Hello, I am new here
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hello, I am new here  (Read 179420 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #600 on: March 20, 2013, 04:58:50 PM »

Twenty more years and you'll be middle-aged. I have less time to wait.   Smiley

Stay warm and safe. It's in the 60's here in Southwest Oklahoma.

islandboy
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #601 on: April 05, 2013, 11:11:02 PM »

Cheesy Yes, I am just a young thing to many of my older friends. I will never be old to them either. Many of my best friends are up in their eighties and I am not playing catch up. lol

Thanks you the Easter greeting. I spent the day with my mother and made us a really good boiled dinner with ham and dumplings. Then we had coffee and cake. It was even more fun when a friend stopped in and told funny stories that made my mother laugh which I had not seen in a longtime. So my day was perfect. Thank the Lord!

Has attendance here slacked off? I see so many of the thread posts are over a year old. It is kind of lonely here for you it would seem.    Huh

Be not weary in your serving; Do your best for those in need; Kindness will be rewarded by the Lord who prompts the deed.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #602 on: April 06, 2013, 04:52:57 PM »

Cheesy Yes, I am just a young thing to many of my older friends. I will never be old to them either. Many of my best friends are up in their eighties and I am not playing catch up. lol

Thanks you the Easter greeting. I spent the day with my mother and made us a really good boiled dinner with ham and dumplings. Then we had coffee and cake. It was even more fun when a friend stopped in and told funny stories that made my mother laugh which I had not seen in a longtime. So my day was perfect. Thank the Lord!

Has attendance here slacked off? I see so many of the thread posts are over a year old. It is kind of lonely here for you it would seem.    Huh

Hello Islandboy,

I'm happy to hear that you had such a nice day with your mother. Yes, things have slowed down here considerably. Most of our users here now are readers, and you don't even have to log in to read. The important thing is that God is still using the forum for his purposes.

islandboy
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #603 on: August 15, 2013, 11:55:40 PM »

Here I am again, seems like forever since I have had time to stop in for a visit. Time seems to escape me anymore, with caring for my mom, and just trying to get things done. I have had the wonderful fortune this week to attend our churches bible-study in the local town park.

We met each night at seven o'clock, and sing songs with the children before moving off to our tent room class. Our teacher is a wise gentlemen from Lancaster, Pa., that has made the bible study interesting, as well as, informative. we have one more night and then we are back to Sunday services at the church.

I have been keeping busy with writing and sharing, and yet now and then get a yearning to stop by and say hello to all of you. I am hoping all is well with my friends on this site, as well as, with all those who visit here each night.

Those of you that know me or wish to make contact for a chat about life in this mixed up world, please post here and I will answer you. I remember when this forum was over-crowded and busy everyday. It would be such a blessing if all of you would come back again, if for no other reason then to say "Hello."    Smiley

Be not weary in your serving; Do your best for those in need; Kindness will be rewarded by the Lord who prompts the deed.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #604 on: August 16, 2013, 03:22:22 AM »

Hello Islandboy,

Hello back at you. I'm glad to hear from you. Many Christian forums are experiencing the same thing we are - lack of interest and lower participation. I honestly believe that it may be signs of the times. The vast majority of our participants now are readers and they do so as guests. That's fine - we still have thousands of page views every day, and God is using the content here for His purposes. God did promise that His Word would never return void. God's promises are good enough for me.

I wish you the very best and peace with God and from God. In the meantime - KEEP LOOKING UP!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #605 on: August 16, 2013, 09:50:47 AM »

Another hello back at you. It is a real blessing having you here and hearing about the wonderful time you are having with others in Christ. It is always a great time when we can share His words and His works with others.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
islandboy
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #606 on: October 15, 2013, 12:53:07 AM »

Well here I am again dropping in to say hello. Life for me has become very busy with caring for my mom and doing writing online. I have made bunches of new friends and have learned a lot about my health issues, as well as, the workings of my computer. Seems I am always running out of ink for my printer or just hoping the next time I turn it on it will work. lol

The weather is turning colder here. The fall leaves were so beautiful this year, although, I remember in my youth when maple leaves were much bigger in size, like the size of a dinner plate. Now most are the size of smaller plate. But the colors were so bright and no fungus or black spots this year. Also however strange the maple leaves have turned and are falling off the trees, but the oak leaves are still green.

I kind of like the slowing down that comes with fall. First we rush around doing last minute yard work and getting the garden cleaned up, and then it is time to relax until that snow comes and with it the need to shovel daily. But I guess we need our exercise somehow.

So what is new? I hope all is well with all who come here and I hope your all still looking up!  The way things are so out of control in government and many other areas of life in the USA, and around the world seems to point to the end times. Is this a common thought? 
I just don't understand how so many in high places can sit back and let this all happen. It kind of makes one think there are many more things going on behind those white house doors that we have no clue about.

Thanks be to God, that those of us who believe and have purpose in spreading the Word, can rest assured by faith alone that things will work out for the good in the end.     Any thoughts you want to share I would be interested in hearing.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #607 on: October 15, 2013, 03:10:12 AM »

Hello Islandboy,

Yes, things are looking more like the end of this age every day. Sadly, much of the evil we have is in high places, but we are still called to pray for them. They just might be fulfilling God's purpose and plan to usher in the tribulation period. I think that the rapture could happen at any time, and that would make me very happy - I'm ready. Regardless of what happens or when, God is still in charge.

Things are beginning to look like Fall here also. We've had a lot of rain this year, so things are still pretty green. I think that we'll start seeing some color changes in a couple of weeks as the temperatures get a little bit lower. It's time for us to take some drives in our Wildlife Refuge.

It's great to hear from you.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #608 on: October 15, 2013, 10:19:25 AM »

Hi Islandboy, It is always great to see you here.

With all of the mild weather we've had this year the trees here have not gone to full color yet. The Spoon River Scenic Drive that is held each year here in October has not been so scenic. In fact many are losing their leaves while they are still green.

Yes, I do think that things are coming together as scripture tells us it will and I do think most Christians do agree with that. Then again those thoughts have been seen before. I always take the belief, as you said, that God is control and things will work out in accordance to His will. As scripture also says, we are to be a watchman, to be ready and watching at all times for even though we are given signs of the times we still don't know the hour or day and must remain strong in Him no matter what may come.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
islandboy
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #609 on: October 15, 2013, 09:15:41 PM »

Gosh it is so good to hear from you both. I agree that prayer is the main focus of many Christians theses days. Over seas the Christians, are being killed in the name of greed and here we see battles over this evil healthcare law and immigration. I read a small news article that said up north in SD or ND, that a freak snowstorm killed thousands of beef cattle. They said it started with days of rain, followed by a blizzard and that the animals froze to death. It got calves just ready for market, as well as, many cattle that were carrying next years calves. If the story is true then I see the price of beef going through the roof.

Some say that the government has found a way to control the wind currents making it possible for them to start and stop, and turn storms in any direction they want them to go. This freaky storm would almost make a believer out of me. Maybe they want us all to become vegaterians or vegan. lol

It is time to re-band together here to give strength and assurance to all who love the Lord. I hope more folks will have the courage to sign in and share their good times and bad, so that we can encourage one another. I have been away too long but I think it is time to rejoin this fold. Blessing to all of you and also those who need still to hear the word of God. l 

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #610 on: October 16, 2013, 10:24:09 AM »

I think that you are talking about HAARP on the control of weather. Having been a Navy Chief Radioman I am familiar with that program and am sure that it is not true. Having also seen the condition of our sun recently I am convinced that the lack of activity of the sun has a whole lot to do with it. I just read a report this morning from the South Dakota Stockgrowers Association saying that 20 to 50 percent of their herds had been killed from the storm, totaling a number around 100,000 cattle. Some of it was blamed on the cattle not having their winter coat yet and that farmers hadn't moved them from summer pastures to those with more protection from winter weather. Yes, it probably will cause already high prices to go much higher. There are also reports from around the world of many early winter storms like this one also causing similar events.

No matter what is happening nor why it is always time to join together and seek the strength and assurance of our Lord and Savior.

islandboy
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #611 on: October 16, 2013, 11:32:02 PM »

What you said about the leaves not turning in your area, but falling down green, brings a question to mind. Is there a bible verse that talks about the return of our Lord, and a sign being when the oak leaves fall from the trees still green? My mother says she remembers reading such a passage but now of course she has no memory of where it might be found.

That is such a sad happening in South Dakota, not only did a great number of animals die, but a lot of those farmers stand a chance of losing their entire farms and ways of living. Seems a real cruel blow so early in the season.

Yes, I was referring to HAARP. Though it seems easy to believe, I would really need to see it to believe it. But there are those that say it works, by using heat cones that push out the outer layers of the earths protective rings, which when done in several areas around the world,can steer wind currents. Thus steer the storms.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #612 on: October 18, 2013, 12:12:37 PM »

I've been ill, so I'm late in responding. I give thanks that we had a good year in this part of the country. I've heard of HAARP, but I really don't have an opinion on it. We've been in drought several years, but God gave us plenty of rain this year. I'll take the natural explanations for the weather.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #613 on: October 18, 2013, 11:33:10 PM »

HAARP is an ionospheric research program (the study of the earth's atmosphere). It is designed to better understand how the atmosphere effects radio waves in order to increase the effectiveness of radio communications especially with submarines. All of this equipment was the area of my expertise as a Navy Radioman. Without getting into the technical apects I'll just say the equipment is not capable of doing the things that some people think it can.

I don't know of any verses that speak of an oak casting it's leaves while still green. There is the one of an Olive tree that had green leaves but did not bare fruit that Jesus made baren of leaves but that is the closest that I can think of.

islandboy
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #614 on: November 05, 2013, 09:24:02 PM »

Thanks for your reply. Seems there are lots of things that some people believe in and the old saying goes the more you say it people tend to believe it. This can be said for both just about anything, to fool people or confuse them, or even in preaching the word of God.

Since you were in radio communacations did you ever get into ham radio?? It is a really fun hobby now that the use of the internet is involved you can talk with mostly anyone around the world or in space.

Mom may have read that passage in another book, she does not remember as good as before. But her favorite channel on tv is the church channel. She enjoys listening to the beautiful christian and country christian songs. Plus most have really good speakers that tell things straight from the bible. I only wish they would not tempt older people to buy products from them that are very over priced and made to sound better than they really are.

I have been cleaning house. Finally got up the nerve to clean out the things that don't fit or work, or just don't get used. Baggage carried around from place to place, just taking up space. Books are the hardest thing for me to let go off and crafts come in second. But I am determined to clean house from top to bottom. It just takes a lot of time to sort through.

Have you been there and were you able to throw away the clutter??

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the