Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:26:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  About You! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Hello, I am new here
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hello, I am new here  (Read 179752 times)
islandboy
Gold Member

View Profile
« on: March 25, 2007, 09:34:02 PM »

I live in Florida. I am not crazy about hurricanes and often wish i had somewhere else to go during the summer months. I am 53 years older but feel wiser than I was in my youth. I continue to study the Bible and keep many people in my thoughts and prayers. I have changed to a different church recently and feel that I will develop many new christian friends that believe in the Bible, as it stands without new changes to soften and hide it's true meanings. Our world is changing and now more than ever we as christians must seek out each other in fellowship and in prayer. I hope in posting and sharing and reading others posts, I will be able to learn more which will help me as I continue to serve the Lord.

Be not weary in your serving; Do your best for those in need; Kindness will be rewarded by the Lord who prompts the deed.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 10:02:13 PM »

Hi islandboy,

I already welcomed you in another thread but I would again like to welcome you to Christians Unite.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
ibTina
Gold Member

Keep your eyes on JESUS!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 11:25:26 AM »

Hi there and welcome to the forum.....

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 11:53:57 AM »

Hello again Islandboy, I live in Florida too, but I am not afraid of hurricanes or tornadoes or even lightening, as you know Florida is known to have more lightening storms than any other state.

God is in control of my life and I do not fear. God has not given us a spirit of fear:

2Ti 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Ps 91:1 ¶ He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
islandboy
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 09:53:02 PM »

I did not say I was afraid, although, I do have a healthy respect for the powers of nature. If I have learned anything over these past few years of hurricanes it is to always be prepared to take care of your earthy needs, food and water, and shelter, and to trust God to handle the rest.  "The Lord helps those who help themselves."

Be not weary in your serving; Do your best for those in need; Kindness will be rewarded by the Lord who prompts the deed.
Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 10:19:12 PM »

Welcome Islandboy!!  God bless!!

I'm in Los Angeles....we have the earthquakes!

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
NateyCakes

Radical for Christ!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 07:13:37 AM »

Smiley Welcome! Im in FL too & I agree, the Hurricanes are probably the worse part of living here. I survived 3 of them although Charlie gave us {Central FL} a beating- Lost my home, business Sad it was tough but Gods love, mercy showed us what we really had & didn't lose!!

Where abouts in FL are you? So glad U Joined! May The Lord Bless U daily!
~Hugs

~*Rejoice for the Lord is GOOD!!*~
Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 08:02:47 PM »

Smiley Welcome! Im in FL too & I agree, the Hurricanes are probably the worse part of living here. I survived 3 of them although Charlie gave us {Central FL} a beating- Lost my home, business Sad it was tough but Gods love, mercy showed us what we really had & didn't lose!!

~Hugs

I know you are asking Islandboy but....   Smiley  I have some cousins in Ft. Walton Beach, and some others (that I don't hear from) in Miami, Tampa area and Palm Beach.  I love the tropics but don't think I can take the hurricanes.

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
islandboy
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2007, 02:50:16 PM »

I live in (South Florida), near Fort Myers area. It is beautiful around here in it's own way, but I am or originally from up north and I do miss the flowing rivers and singing streams and the mountains. Mostly I miss the changing of the seasons. In Florida it is either green (rainy season) or brown (dry season). Yes, it is warm, but the danger of hurricanes is a all to familiar reminder of the tropics. If you want to live here you except the risk of these storms.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 02:53:39 PM by islandboy » Logged

Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2007, 06:11:36 PM »

I live in (South Florida), near Fort Myers area. It is beautiful around here in it's own way, but I am or originally from up north and I do miss the flowing rivers and singing streams and the mountains. Mostly I miss the changing of the seasons. In Florida it is either green (rainy season) or brown (dry season). Yes, it is warm, but the danger of hurricanes is a all to familiar reminder of the tropics. If you want to live here you except the risk of these storms.

I am from Pennsylvania originally, but have been in Los Angeles for most of my life.  Yes, the N.E. is very beautiful....I have many good memories of the beautiful green woods, streams, etc, and in winter, the beautiful snow-covered scenery.  I also love the Fall colors...

Do you have any orchids in your yard?  I know your climate is perfect for them.  I have two (Phaleonapsis or Moth Orchids)  in my apartment.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2007, 09:05:51 AM »

~Hugs

Hey Natey, I'm in Central Florida too! Seminole County  Cheesy

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
islandboy
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2007, 12:29:03 PM »

I have lots  of native flowers and plants in my yard. I have some orchids though at this moment I can't remember the names of them, but my nickname for one is "Dancing Ladies". They are bright yellow with bits of Burgundy. Once years ago I had a bunch of them in a large pot and I placed a mirror underneath them and took the picture in a slight breeze. Hence the name dancing ladies. I have another one that gets white and lavender blooms on it.
Plus, I have banana trees, orange trees, and wild grape vines. I have added hibiscus bushes in many colors and these blend in well with the natural woodland vegetation. I have a yard that is beautiful in the fact that it supports native plants and animals. Wildlife is abundant with squirrels and rabbits, many types of birds both water and land and butterflies.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2007, 12:44:16 PM »

I have lots  of native flowers and plants in my yard. I have some orchids though at this moment I can't remember the names of them, but my nickname for one is "Dancing Ladies". They are bright yellow with bits of Burgundy. Once years ago I had a bunch of them in a large pot and I placed a mirror underneath them and took the picture in a slight breeze. Hence the name dancing ladies. I have another one that gets white and lavender blooms on it.
Plus, I have banana trees, orange trees, and wild grape vines. I have added hibiscus bushes in many colors and these blend in well with the natural woodland vegetation. I have a yard that is beautiful in the fact that it supports native plants and animals. Wildlife is abundant with squirrels and rabbits, many types of birds both water and land and butterflies.

That sounds beautiful Islandboy, sounds like a great place to sit and meditate on the WORD  Wink

Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2007, 09:20:07 PM »

Yes, that really is a beautiful environment for you to live in!!  What a blessing from God!!

islandboy
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2007, 07:05:51 PM »

Yes, It is beautiful here and very quiet, that is except for the squirrels. I have made pets of them by feeding them. Well actually I was trying to feed the birds but the squirrels got into all the bird feeders. So I finally gave up and just feed them every once in a while. Lately it has been from a container of old dog food. Today as I was watching TV, I heard a very loud  ch ripping and screeching noise by my front door. I opened the door thinking  a snake was bothering the squirrels, only to find one lone squirrel who was brave enough to come up to my screen door and tell me "He Wanted Some Food, RIGHT NOW"!!  It was so funny.

By the way Debp, what part of  Pennsylvania are you orginally from?? 

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 42 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the