Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:27:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  "Christians" that won't forgive
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Christians" that won't forgive  (Read 3387 times)
David_james
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2007, 11:13:26 PM »

DavidKortleve2: http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?topic=15893.0 do you think I am
Friend : I do not think you are harsh.  No one is addressing the situation that she was driving while drinking... and her own actions caused this to happen.  If people are going to drink and drive they need to pay the price for that.   The other family... for their own peace of soul ... must forgive.... but it doesn't mean they have to try to help the person who caused their family member's death to be free.  they can forgive and still say she should serve  the time for the crime she committed,  as a message to society that  drinking and driving kills people,  but they must forgive .. if they expect God to forgive them for their transgressions
DavidKortleve2: I agree
Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2007, 08:28:19 PM »

DavidKortleve2: http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?topic=15893.0 do you think I am
Friend : I do not think you are harsh.  No one is addressing the situation that she was driving while drinking... and her own actions caused this to happen.  If people are going to drink and drive they need to pay the price for that.   The other family... for their own peace of soul ... must forgive.... but it doesn't mean they have to try to help the person who caused their family member's death to be free.  they can forgive and still say she should serve  the time for the crime she committed,  as a message to society that  drinking and driving kills people,  but they must forgive .. if they expect God to forgive them for their transgressions
DavidKortleve2: I agree

I would like to explain more so you might understand the situation.    I do not agree with drinking but my cousin was not drunk but out drinking socially.  Her car was a very small car....it had no damage and she was not hurt.  Meanwhile, the other car, an SUV (the kind that rolls over very easily did roll over and the seat belts broke.

I think if it had been another type of car and if the seat belts had not broke....the other girl would still be alive.  Also, the couple in the car (with the girl that died) had also been drinking.

Plus the family sued the car manufacturer because the seat belts broke!!  And they were awarded money for this.....so apparently, they also think that their daughter died because the seat belts broke.

My cousin has served plenty of years and is no danger to society.   After her time served already, I think it would be better to put someone that is a danger to society in prison instead.  Once my cousin is out of prison she wants to continue to tell of how God saved her and helped her through this experience.  She probably will also start a business so she can provide for herself and her elderly mother.  As I said....she is no menace to society.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 08:32:44 PM by Debp » Logged

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
David_james
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2007, 08:40:08 PM »

Okay I understand now. I am no expert at law but I do think they should release her.
Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2007, 08:45:21 PM »

Okay I understand now. I am no expert at law but I do think they should release her.

Thanks, David, for your kind understanding.  God bless you.

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2008, 01:27:40 AM »

I have been thinking about your cousin. How is she?

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2008, 08:30:09 PM »

I have been thinking about your cousin. How is she?

Thanks, David, for thinking of her.  She is still in prison and is still training the dogs.  She really loves doing this work with the dogs and has trained a few already through the recent years.  She thinks she will be getting "work release".....not real soon....actually, she wrote us but I forgot when she said it would come up.

Maybe someone here can explain work release?  I think it's like living in a half-way house and going to work each day on the "outside".  In the meantime, she still loves working with the dogs.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2008, 12:10:53 AM »

Maybe someone here can explain work release?  I think it's like living in a half-way house and going to work each day on the "outside"

In prison systems, work release programs allow a prisoner who is sufficiently trusted or can be sufficiently monitored leave confinement to continue working at his or her current place of employment, returning to prison when his/her shift is complete. The concept was introduced in the state of Wisconsin in 1913 under the Huber Law program, which continues to be the casual name of Wisconsin's work release program presently.

Some work release programs allow greater freedom for the prisoner, allowing prisoners who follow a Monday-Friday work week to attend work and live at their homes on those days, and serve their sentences two days at a time on weekends.

Hope this helps Debp.

Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2008, 08:14:03 PM »

In prison systems, work release programs allow a prisoner who is sufficiently trusted or can be sufficiently monitored leave confinement to continue working at his or her current place of employment, returning to prison when his/her shift is complete. The concept was introduced in the state of Wisconsin in 1913 under the Huber Law program, which continues to be the casual name of Wisconsin's work release program presently.

Some work release programs allow greater freedom for the prisoner, allowing prisoners who follow a Monday-Friday work week to attend work and live at their homes on those days, and serve their sentences two days at a time on weekends.

Hope this helps Debp.

Thanks for explaining it.  Since we live on the West Coast, my mom and I only hear what's happening via the letters and sometimes my mom phones my cousin's elderly mom.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the