Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 05:49:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286811 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Parenting (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Autistic child anyone?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Autistic child anyone?  (Read 2656 times)
sjoara

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2007, 08:50:27 PM »

I have a 8 year old Autistic child, and I have found it to be not only challenging, but an emotional rollercoaster.
 I am just wondering if any others out here have any disabled or impaired children, and what kind of things you do and teach your child. I love my son- he is the greatest little boy( I am bias-LOL) But he really is a doll, and very loving and kind and wouldn't harm a fly. But he is very wild, and hyper and I struggle a lot of times, especially in church. I have left many times early, because I just can't control his behavior.
 I get depressed and emotional occasionally and have these crying bouts because I feel alone and like nobody else in my church contends and deals with this, not only on Sunday, but everyday of the week.
 I guess I am looking for a Christian prospective on children with impairments or as I like to call them, God's special angels. I guess I am just feeling sorry for myself tonight, and I probably have no right to complain. Just curious. Thanks:)

GOD IS MY DEFENCE, I SHALL NOT BE MOVED.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 09:25:30 PM »

God gives special needs children to special parents. We have two special needs children. Our daughter is educationally handicapped. A genius in many ways but cannot do school work. She is 22 yrs old now with a daughter of her own. Even with her educational difficulties she has taught her own daughter math, reading and other subjects that most kindergarten children do not know yet.

My youngest son is both mildly autistic and has dyslexia. He is now 19 yrs old, has a set of twins. At 19 he is working for a company making more money per hour than most people twice his age. In fact his autism made it possible for him to excel in the field he is in.

Yes, it is very difficult raising and teaching children with these situations but the reward in the long run is more than worth it.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 03:18:07 AM »

I don't have any children, but just wanted to mention something I saw on the news a few days ago.  It was about autistic children and some new class for them.  One little girl that took the class was relating and doing much, much better per her mother.

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 04:11:43 AM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I'm thinking back to a very special young man who told me that he didn't want to be called disabled, rather "differently abled". He was "differently abled" and had many gifts to give nearly everyone who ever knew him during his short life. I've had many opportunities to do volunteer work with people who had various kinds of special needs. The question became, who gave and benefited more, them or me.

I can only speak as a volunteer with many kinds of children with various special needs. I know  that many parents speak about becoming emotionally and physically drained, but they also speak of many gifts and satisfaction. The thought keeps coming back to me that they are GOD'S special gifts to us, and they probably help us more than we help them when everything is considered. Regardless, I think that GOD has a special purpose, and those with special needs enrich our lives in more ways than we can dream of.

I don't think that I'll mention the many kinds of illnesses and different abilities. Instead, I like to think about GOD'S Purpose and GOD'S Will for all of us, regardless of our health and abilities. I already know that GOD doesn't make any mistakes. So, I ask again, who gives more and who benefits more - and in how many ways? May GOD help us all to see many things from our hearts.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Isaiah 12:2-3 NASB  "Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; For the LORD GOD is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation." Therefore you will joyously draw water From the springs of salvation.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the