Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:06:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  About You! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Wonder what'll happen?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wonder what'll happen?  (Read 1577 times)
kerrylou1

View Profile
« on: March 13, 2007, 02:17:02 PM »

Hi folk,

I wondered how well I would be received if I told you about myself? Nothing sinister of course. I am a Christian. I do believe that Jesus is the only way to God. I love the Bible and I love to witness.

My testimony? I was born with an illness the doctor was concerned about. A operation could have healed me but the doctor was concerned I would not survive the operation; his only course of action was to give me a rather severe medication and hope I survived till I was strong enough to survive the operation. Mum and dad, fairly young Christians were praying one day. My dad always prays around the world and back again so, while he monopolised the conversation one way mum took to reading her Bible and began reading in Mark's gospel. When he finally stopped she asked him, "I've been reading here in Mark 9. This man brought his son to Jesus, can't we do that with Kerry? Not having a plausible argument he agreed and they prayed for me. I awoke and started crying. "What should I do now?" mum asked. "Feed him, I suppose," answered dad (I had never been able to eat without medication first and they had run out). They discovered I was healed.

Of course I only knew this later in life when I could understand (either 5 or 6, I think). My dad telling this testimony stunned me. It was a Saturday night breaking of bread service where there was open ministry. At that tender age I walked around and around the church building and dedicated my life to God (rather I recognised that it fully belonged to Him). How could I, born dead, refuse God the life He had given? I doubly belong to Jesus.

I'm afraid those who tell me that miracles ceased with the apostles do not find me supportive of their argument. If you want to know who I am then you must be open to receive that I believe the Bible and I see in it miracles, speaking in tongues, the impulsive, Spirit induced manifestation of His own gifts and, most importantly the free gift of salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. I do not disrespect those who disagree with me and, quite honestly if they preach Christ have a great respect for their preaching of the Gospel.

I love reading Spurgeon. When I was a teenager, while others were talking of their rock stars I spoke about preachers. At the age 0f 16 or 17 I carried around a Billy Graham message - "The blood" (preached in India, I think) - as a witness tool. Since I had to endure listening to Gary Glitter and the like I made sure they heard that important message. Today my greatest joy is leading others to Christ. I am not a pastor in the church sense. I drive for a living. I write gospel choruses because I love singing and am priveleged to have a pastor who will share his pulpit with me.

I love you

Kerry
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 07:52:54 PM »

Hello Kerry,

I believe in miracles for many reasons, mainly because I know that GOD does whatever HE Will, whenever HE Will. As an example, I'm alive because of prayer.

BUT, I don't believe in the television circus shows that sell GOD for money and cheapen HIS HOLY NAME.

SO, on one side of the coin I would say that no man sells, commands, controls, or manipulates GOD. On the other side of the coin, I would firmly say there is no limit to the power of ALMIGHTY GOD, and HE does exactly as HE Will in heaven and on earth. I'm convinced that GOD answers our prayers when it is within HIS Will to do so. I don't spend my time arguing with those who believe in the circus shows, as I have better things to do with my time.

Regarding tongues, they are and were known languages. If they are used, they are to be used according to the instructions of the Bible. The Apostle Paul was a scholar of many languages before he even began his ministry, and he ministered to people of many languages and many places. Paul gave instructions for peace and order within churches, and part of those instructions involved tongues. In the discussion, Paul mentioned that he spoke more tongues than any of them, and he DID. They were known languages of the time, NOT GIBBERISH. Paul gave instructions about how many could speak at once in church, and he also gave instructions about translators when tongues not known by those present were used. So, tongues are quite real, and the people of the earth still speak many different languages. The first task of any missionary is to learn the tongues (languages) of the people they are going to serve. Paul had the same need in his many journeys, but Paul was already gifted in many languages before he began his journeys. So, I conclude that known tongues used according to the instructions of the Bible are for GOD, and gibberish used in violation of the instructions of the Bible are for nothing more than the vanity of man. This is another area that I have stopped wasting my time in arguing. If someone believes in gibberish, I simply consider it to be that person's "vanity of man problem." There are instructions for the use of REAL TONGUES in the Bible, and that's all I need to know about the subject.

Love In Christ,
Tom

John 10:8-10 NASB  "All who came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them. "I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 09:22:00 PM »

Amen, Brother Tom.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
kerrylou1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 10:22:42 PM »

Pastor Tom,

Thanks for your reply. I don't watch television so it would be unfair for me to comment on what they are doing other than its one of the reasons I don't watch. I get disappointed with people selling "holy water" or "anointing oil" or any other such gimmik. The gospel is and always should be free.

I, too, believe that God is sovereign (the term which is used, I think), I just place a different interpretation on it than you do. I believe God sovereignly gave me the permission to ask, so I do, and I expect Him to answer in accordance with His promise.

As for speaking in tongues well, Paul told Timothy to avoid endless arguments and, since we are both convinced in what we believe to the point of not being turned it is, perhaps best avoided.

There is so much we can still agree upon.

Love,

Kerry.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 11:00:23 PM »

Hello Brother Kerry,

I'm sure there is much that we agree on. If we are children of GOD bought, purchased, and delivered by the blood of JESUS CHRIST, we will spend eternity together regardless of our agreement or disagreement on lesser matters. This is the real basis of fellowship between brothers and sisters in CHRIST during this short life.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 1:17 NASB  For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, "BUT THE RIGHTEOUS man SHALL LIVE BY FAITH."

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the