Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:19:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Completed and Favorite Threads
| | |-+  GOD CALLING
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GOD CALLING  (Read 180334 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: December 31, 2007, 12:37:08 AM »

December 21

“Smile Indulgently ”

Children, take every moment as of My Planning and ordering. Remember your Master is the Lord of the day's little happenings. In all the small things yield to My gentle pressure on your arm. Stay or go, as that pressure, Love's pressure, indicates.

The Lord of the moments, Creator of the snowdrop and the mighty oak. More tender with the snowdrop than the oak.

And when things do not fall out according to your plan, then smile at Me indulgently, a smile of Love, and say, as you would to a human loved one, "Have Your way then" -- knowing that My loving response will be to make that way as easy for your feet as it can be.

And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities.   Luk_19:17 

GOD CALLING
Free Email Subscription From:
http://www.twolisteners.org/

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 31, 2007, 12:38:21 AM »

December 22

“Practice Protection ”

Fear no evil because I have conquered evil. It has power to hurt only those who do not place themselves under My Protection. This is not a question of feeling, it is an assured fact.

All you have to do is say with assurance that whatever it is cannot harm you, as I have conquered it. Children, in not only the big, but the little things of life, be sure of My conquering Power. Know that all is well. Be sure of it. Practice this. Learn it until it is unfailing and instinctive with you.

But practice it in the quite small things, and then you will find you will do it easily, naturally, lovingly, trustingly, in the big things of life.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.   Psa_23:4 

GOD CALLING

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 31, 2007, 12:39:32 AM »

December 23

“The World's Song ”

Bless us, O Lord, we beseech Thee and show us the way in which Thou wouldst have us walk.

Walk with Me in the way of Peace. Shed Peace, not discord, wherever you go. But it must be My Peace.

Never a Peace that is a truce with the power of evil. Never harmony if that means your life-music being adapted to the mood and music of the world.

My disciples so often make the mistake of thinking all must be harmonious. No! Not when it means singing the song of the world.

I, the Prince of Peace, said that I came "not to bring Peace but a sword."

And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also we are called...and be ye thankful.   Col_3:15 

GOD CALLING

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 31, 2007, 12:41:02 AM »

December 24

“He Is Coming ”

Our Lord, Thou art here. Let us feel thy nearness.

Yes! but remember the first Hail must be that of the Magi in the Bethlehem stable. Not as King and Lord in Heavenly triumph must you first hail Me. But as amongst the lowliest, bereft of earth's pomp like the Magi.

So to the humble the worship of humility -- the Bethlehem Babe -- must be the first Hail.

Then the worship of repentance. As earth's sinner, you stand by Me in the Jordan, baptized of John, worshiping Me the Friend and Servant of sinners.

Dwell much on My Life. Step out beside Me. Share it with Me. Humility, Service, Worship, Sacrifice, Sanctification -- Steps in the Christian Life.

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.   Joh_1:14 

GOD CALLING

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 31, 2007, 12:42:35 AM »

December 25

“Babe of Bethlehem ”

Kneel before the Babe of Bethlehem. Accept the truth that the Kingdom of Heaven is for the lowly, the simple.

Bring to Me, the Christ-child, your gifts, truly the gifts of earth's wisest.

The Gold -- your money.

Frankincense -- the adoration of a consecrated life.

Myrrh -- your sharing in My sorrows and those of the world.

"And they presented unto Him gifts: gold, frankincense and myrrh."

Though the Lord be high, yet hath he respect unto the lowly: but the proud he knoweth afar off.   Psa_138:6 

GOD CALLING

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 31, 2007, 12:44:01 AM »

December 26

“Health and Wealth ”

Be not afraid, health and wealth are coming to you both. My wealth which is sufficiency for your needs, and for My work you long to do.

Money, as some call wealth, to hoard, to display, you know is not for My Disciples.

Journey through this world simply seeking the means to do My Will and work. Never keep anything you are not using. Remember all I give you will be Mine, only given to you to use. Could you think of Me hoarding My Treasures? You must never do it. Rely on Me.

To store for the future is to fear and to doubt me. Check every doubt of Me at once. Live in the Joy of My constant Presence. Yield every moment to Me. Perform every task, however humble, as at My gentle bidding, and for Me, for love of Me. So live, so love, so work.

You are the Apostles of the Little Services.

Trust not in oppression, and become not vain in robbery: if riches increase, set your heart upon them.   Psa_62:10 

GOD CALLING

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 31, 2007, 12:45:17 AM »

December 27

“Glorious Work ”

I have stripped you of much, that it should be truly a life of well-being. Build up stone by stone upon a firm foundation, and that Rock is your Master -- that Rock is Christ.

A life of discipline and a joyous fulfillment is to be yours . . . . Never lose sight of the glorious work to which you have been called.

Let no riches, no ease entice you from the path of miracle-working with Me upon which your feet are set. Love and Laugh. Trust and pray. Ride on now in a loving humility to victory.

Riches profit not in the day of wrath: but righteousness delivereth from death.   Pro_11:4 

GOD CALLING

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: December 31, 2007, 12:46:34 AM »

December 28

“Signs and Feelings ”

Our Lord, Thou art here. Let us feel Thy nearness.

I am here. Do not need feeling too much. To ask for feeling too much is to ask for a sign, and then the answer is the same as that I gave when on earth. "There shall no sign be given but the sign of the prophet Jonah. . . . For as Jonah was three days and three nights . . . so shall the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth."

Veiled from sight to the unbeliever. To the believer the veiling is only temporary, to be followed by a glorious Resurrection. . . .

What does it matter what you feel? What matters is what I am, was, and ever shall be to you -- A Risen Lord. . . . the feeling that I am with you may depend upon any passing mood of yours -- upon a change of circumstances, upon a mere trifle.

I am uninfluenced by circumstances. . . . My Promise given is kept. I am here, one with you in tender loving friendship.

Thou art near, O Lord; and all thy commandments are truth.   Psa_119:151 

GOD CALLING

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: December 31, 2007, 12:47:48 AM »

December 29

“Work and Prayer ”

Work and prayer represent the two forces that will ensure your success. Your work and My work.

For prayer, believing prayer, is based on the certainty that I am working for you and with you and in you.

Go forward gladly and unafraid. I am with you. With men your task may be impossible, but with God all things are possible.

For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.   Phi_2:13 

GOD CALLING

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: December 31, 2007, 12:48:56 AM »

December 30

“Fishers of Men ”

When you think of those of whom you read who are in anguish, do you ever think how My Heart must ache with the woe of it, with the anguish of it?

If I beheld the city and wept over it, how much more should I weep over the agony of these troubled hearts, over lives that seek to live without My sustaining Power.

"They will not come into Me that they might have Life."

Live to bring others to Me, the only Source of Happiness and Heart-Peace.

Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest.   Joh_4:35 

GOD CALLING

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: December 31, 2007, 12:50:11 AM »

December 31

“Jesus the Conqueror ”

Jesus. That is the Name by which you conquer. Jesus. Not as cringing suppliants but as those recognizing a friend, say My Name -- Jesus. "Thou shalt call His Name Jesus, for He shall save His people from their sins."

And in that word "sins" read not only vice and degradation, but doubts, fears, tempers, despondencies, impatience, lack of Love in big and little things. Jesus. "He shall save His people from their sins." The very uttering of the Name lifts the soul away from petty valley-irritations to mountain heights.

"He shall save His people from their sins." Savior and Friend, Joy-bringer and Rescuer, Leader and Guide -- Jesus. Do you need delivering from cowardice, from adverse circumstances, from poverty, from failure, from weakness?

"There is none other Name . . . whereby you can be saved" -- Jesus. Say it often. Claim the Power it brings.

Let them praise the name of the Lord: for his name alone is excellent; his glory is above the earth and heaven.   Psa_148:13 

GOD CALLING

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: December 31, 2007, 12:51:33 AM »

January 1

“ Between the Years ”

Our Lord and our God. We joy in Thee. Without Thy Help we could not face unafraid the year before us. 

I stand between the years. The Light of My Presence is flung across the year to come - the radiance of the Sun of Righteousness. Backward, over the past year, is My Shadow thrown, hiding trouble and sorry and disappointment.

Dwell not on the past - only on the present. Only use the past as the trees use My Sunlight to absorb it, to make from it in after days the warming fire-rays. So store only the blessings from Me, the Light of the World. Encourage yourselves by the thought of these.

Bury every fear of the future, of poverty for those dear to you, of suffering, of loss. Bury all thought of unkindness and bitterness, all your dislikes, your resentments, your sense of failure, your disappointment in others and in yourselves, your gloom, your despondency, and let us leave them all, buried, and go forward to a new and risen life.

Remember that you must not see as the world sees.  I hold the year in My Hands - in trust for you. But I shall guide you one day at a time.

Leave the rest with Me. You must not anticipate the gift by fears or thoughts of the days ahead.

And for each day I shall supply the wisdom and the strength.

I am the light of the world; he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.   Joh_8:12

GOD CALLING

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: December 31, 2007, 12:53:04 AM »

January 2

“ Arm of Love ”

Our Lord and our God. We joy in Thee. Without Thy Help we could not face unafraid the year before us.

You are to help to save others. Never let one day pass when you have not reached out an arm of Love to someone outside your home - a note, a letter, a visit, help in some way.

Be full of Joy. Joy saves. Joy cures. Joy in Me. In every ray of sunlight, every smile, every act of kindness, or love, every trifling service - joy.

Each day do something to lift another soul out of the sea of sin, or disease or doubt into which man has fallen.  I still walk today by the lakeside and call My Disciples to follow Me and to become fishers of men.

The helping hand is needed that raises the helpless to courage, to struggle, to faith, to health. Love. Laugh. Love and laughter are the beckoners to faith and courage. Trust on, love on, joy on.

Refuse to be downcast. Refuse to be checked in your upward climb. Love and laugh. I am with you. I bear your burdens. Cast your burden upon Me and I will sustain thee. And then in very lightheartedness you turn and help another with the burden that is pressing too heavily upon him or her.

How many burdens can you lighten this year? How many hearts can you cheer? How many souls can you help?

And in giving you gain:  "Good measure, pressed down, and running over." I your Lord have said it.

Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart; wait, I say, on the Lord.    Psa_27:14

GOD CALLING

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: December 31, 2007, 12:54:25 AM »

January 3

“ The Way Wide Open ”

But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength.   Isa_40:31 

You must be renewed, remade. Christ, Christ, Christ. Everything must rest on Me. Force is born of rest. Only Love is a conquering force. Be not afraid, I will help you.

Be channels both of you. My Spirit shall flow through and My Spirit shall, in flowing through, sweep away all the bitter past.

Take heart. God loves, God helps, God fights, God wins.  You shall see.  You shall know. The way will open. All My Love has ever planned, all My Love has ever thought, you shall see each day unfold. Only be taught. Just like a child. A child never questions plans. It accepts gladly.

Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.   Mar_10:15

GOD CALLING

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: December 31, 2007, 12:55:37 AM »

January 4

“ Do Not Plan ”

Shew us Thy Way, O Lord, and let us walk in Thy paths. Lead us in Thy Truth and teach us. 
All is well.  Wonderful things are happening. Do not limit God at all. He cares and provides.

Uproot self - the channel blocker. Do not plan ahead, the way will unfold step by step. Leave tomorrow's burden. Christ is the Great Burdenbearer. You cannot bear His load and He only expects you to carry a little day-share.

Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Mat_11:28 

GOD CALLING

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the