Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:02:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Answered Prayer (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  God Drives a Big Red Van
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: God Drives a Big Red Van  (Read 15098 times)
TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« on: March 06, 2007, 01:56:14 PM »

Grin Hello Old Friends!   It's been many months since I've visited, but I'm sure there are still those of you that recall my testimony. 

In May, 2006 I left an abusive marriage.  My CU friends all prayed for me and got me through the ugliness, for which I am extremely grateful.  Before I could file a petition for Dissolution Of Marriage, my husband took the ambulatory equipment I needed to be mobile.  This included an F150 equipped with a wheelchair lift, a ramp, a wheelchair, crutches, a walker, a quad-cane - you name it, I had it and he took it and sold it for profit.... leaving me without "legs".   My mother purchased a manual wheelchair for me and I counted my blessings, cut my losses and went on with a new life.

OK - now comes February 6, 2007 when we have some things to donate and a very nice couple comes to pick them up.  After some discussion, I wound up witnessing to them and giving them my testimony.  A few days passed, when one day a knock comes to the door - it was the nice couple.  With keys to a new van, equipped with a lift for my wheelchair, plus a new motorized scooter!  For Me!  "Take the keys, it's yours!" they said "compliments of the Lord!" 

I cannot express how I felt at that moment.  Only that I knew I would have to become even bolder in praises for the Lord (as if I wasn't bold enough already!).

Yep!  God drives a big, red van and carries me wherever I go!

Blessings ~

TalkerCat

David_james
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 02:11:52 PM »

That is so amazing! May God continue to bless you.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 02:55:15 PM »

AMEN! The Lord is indeed wonderful and works wonders on peoples hearts.

It's great to see you TC. It has been too long a time. I'm happy to hear that things are going so good for you now.

I have just been sitting here praising the Lord today also. I just received my first power chair today and am now mobile also. I am looking into getting one of those bid red vans to get it around but in the meantime I am very happy just to be able to get around the house better.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 03:00:37 PM »

AMEN.  and praise God for that.

It is always so wonderful to hear how God blesses people. 

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 07:49:50 AM »

Hallelujah!!!

Terri I am so happy to hear that. God sure is Jehovah Jireh!!

You are blessed indeed, my dear friend. By the way it's great to see you here

Love in Christ,
Maria  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
ibTina
Gold Member

Keep your eyes on JESUS!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 11:01:05 AM »

All I can say is "PRAISE THE LORD" and....

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2007, 12:27:08 PM »

Hello TalkerCat,

Sister Terri, I love to hear about how GOD works. This just adds to your already beautiful testimony. I know that you've gone through some horrible times, but GOD was with you. I give thanks that you are safe and out of harm's way now. By the way, you are still on our prayer list, and I hope that many of us are still in your prayers. Prayer and fellowship is a wonderful gift that GOD wants us to give to each other. We will all go through trials of various kinds in this short life, but our retirement plan is out of this world.

In the meantime, we all have much to give thanks for and should KEEP LOOKING UP.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Galatians 4:4-6 NASB  But when the fullness of the time came, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the Law, so that He might redeem those who were under the Law, that we might receive the adoption as sons. Because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, "Abba! Father!"

TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2007, 05:46:15 PM »

So far my big red van is serving me perfectly!  I truly believe that the Lord blessed this vehicle. 

Check this out:  A couple of months ago I decided to upgrade the lift that was already on the van, to make things easier on my care-giver.  However, I hadn't thought about how to get it installed! OhMyHeavens!  So as usual, I turned it over to God and waited ...... then just last week I was sharing fellowship with a young man I'd never met before ~ he just walked up and asked if he could pray with me..... and you know what?  He turned out to be a mechanic that specializes in wiring (stereos, alarms, etc.) ..... he's installing my new lift  today and I can pick up the van tomorrow.  The cost$0    

PRAISE THE LORD!  GOD IS GOOD!  GOOD IS GOOD!  GOD'S BEEN SO GOOD TO ME!

~Blessings~

=^..^=

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2007, 05:51:37 PM »

Amen! I'm glad to hear that things are going good for you this way. The Lord does work miracles in providing our needs.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2007, 08:14:26 PM »

sorry I didn't reply earlier but I am so happy for you. You're like Job, he lost everything but kept his faith in God. After he received more than he lost. May God keep blessing you.

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2007, 09:44:25 PM »

Another AMEN!

Sister Terri, I rarely consider things to be a coincidence, especially for children of GOD who are being blessed. Our Heavenly Father doesn't make any mistakes, and day by day we have more to give thanks for.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2007, 04:10:14 PM »

Amen TC

Was just teaching my SS class this past week of how we are to build our faith.  And how God uses blessings to do just such a thing.  Cause when we do work in faith and let God guide us then He will bless us in some way...and when we are blessed our faith grows and we want to do more in His name...what a wonderful circle of love it is.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2007, 10:41:31 AM »

All we can do, the only right thing to do is rest in faith.  God said it, I believe it.  Enough said.

=^..^=

Def

My Father, it is me your daughter, in Jesus.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2007, 05:18:28 PM »

All we can do, the only right thing to do is rest in faith.  God said it, I believe it.  Enough said.

=^..^=
God is a Good Good God (+¸+)

But to us There Is But one God,  the  Father, of  whom  Are  all  things, and we in Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ by whom Are all things and we by Him(1Cor 8:6  KJV)
I believe that Jesus died for my sins  was buried rose again and is sitting at the right hand of God Almighty interceding for me Amen
TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2007, 06:34:47 PM »

Has anyone else noticed that the words "good" and "God" are only one letter from being the same word?Huh  Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the