Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 10:18:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286766 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  What are you doing? (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Ambassador for Christ...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ambassador for Christ...  (Read 27457 times)
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2003, 06:27:44 AM »

I supposed I knew my Bible,
Reading a piecemeal, hit and miss,
Now a bit of John or Matthew,
Now a snatch of Genesis,
Certain chapters of Isaiah,
Certain Psalms (the twenty-third),
Twelfth of Romans, First of Proverbs—
Yes, I thought I knew the Word!
But I found that thorough reading
Was a different thing to do,
And the way was unfamiliar
When I read the Bible through.
You who like to play at Bible,
Dip and dabble, here and there,
Just before you kneel, aweary,
And yawn through hurried prayer;
You who treat the Crown of Writings,
As you treat no other book—
Just a paragraph disjointed,
Just a crude impatient look—
Try a worthier procedure,
Try a broad and steady view;
You will kneel in very rapture
When you read the Bible through!
— Amos R Wells

Yet another Good One Bro

Thanks

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2003, 01:16:59 PM »

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. II Corinthians 10:3-5 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to THE PULLING DOWN OF STRONG HOLDS;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ. Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle NOT against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 2 Timothy 2:4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2003, 05:12:26 AM »

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. II Corinthians 10:3-5 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to THE PULLING DOWN OF STRONG HOLDS;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ. Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle NOT against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 2 Timothy 2:4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Amen to the Word of God.

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2003, 07:23:04 AM »

I have a 'confession' to make.  Grin

I thought A4C might have been a bit hard on 'avemaria'. Seemed a bit out of character for him. Yes, I know he likes to mess with people and some get irritated. But this was different somehow.
Anyway, I went to her site:
http://www.aimoo.com/TraditionalCatholic
and was amazed. Roll Eyes Apparently, she is the owner (OremusMaterDei) of the site and is on a mission to lead the 'heretics' here at CU to the only true religion that will get you to Heaven; which is, of course, Catholicism  Roll Eyes. See: http://www.aimoo.com/forum/postview.cfm?id=529328&CategoryID=244048&startcat=1&ThreadID=1126842 and http://www.aimoo.com/forum/postview.cfm?id=529328&startcat=1&start=1&CategoryID=244049&ThreadID=1083750 for starters.

So my apologies A4C! You picked up on it way ahead of everyone else!

I've made my confession and apologized publicly. Am I forgiven?  Wink

Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2003, 09:51:50 AM »

I thought A4C might have been a bit hard on 'avemaria'. Seemed a bit out of character for him. Yes, I know he likes to mess with people and some get irritated. But this was different somehow.
and was amazed. Roll Eyes Apparently, she is the owner (OremusMaterDei) of the site and is on a mission to lead the 'heretics' here at CU to the only true religion that will get you to Heaven; which is, of course, Catholicism  Roll Eyes. See: http://www.aimoo.com/forum/postview.cfm?id=529328&CategoryID=244048&startcat=1&ThreadID=1126842 and http://www.aimoo.com/forum/postview.cfm?id=529328&startcat=1&start=1&CategoryID=244049&ThreadID=1083750 for starters.

Good, helpful information, I hope others read it.
Thanks for posting it.

"Grace & Peace"-

Brother Love Smiley

Brother Love Smiley
« Last Edit: December 22, 2003, 10:03:19 AM by Brother Love » Logged

<Smiley))><
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: December 22, 2003, 03:38:25 PM »

Thanks sincereheart, I needed that, you made my day and I accept your apologies. And thanks for the links.

Have a GRRRRRRREAT Day Grin  

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2003, 08:13:44 PM »

Thanks sincereheart, I needed that, you made my day and I accept your apologies. And thanks for the links.

You are most welcome! Thank you for accepting my apologies AND not asking me to recite any Hail Mary's... Wink

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: January 03, 2004, 09:28:22 AM »

"To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory"  Col 1:27

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: January 03, 2004, 10:48:45 AM »

BIBLE MEDITATION: “For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.” Romans 10:4

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT: The world thinks that sin is being bad and righteousness is being good. They say, “If I am just a good person, then I will go to heaven.” God seems like a Santa Claus, making a list and checking it twice, trying to find out if we are naughty or nice. That is just not so. Righteousness lies only in Jesus Christ. He left heaven, came to earth, lived a perfect, righteous life. Then, He suffered, bled, and died on a cross to atone for our sins. He was buried and raised to life by the power of God and has ascended into glory. His blood was applied to the mercy seat of God – that is righteousness. Galatians 2:21 tells us, “If righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.” Do you know what that means? If you could be saved by being good, then Calvary was a blunder. If there was some other way for you to be saved, God would not have let His Son die upon a cross.

ACTION POINT: On this Christmas Day, how do you see God – is He your Santa Claus making sure you’re naught or nice? Is He a butler – tending to your every whim and fancy? Or is He the High and Exalted King of kings, the Almighty One, the Everlasting Father?
from Love Worth Finding

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: January 03, 2004, 03:30:23 PM »

BIBLE MEDITATION: “For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.” Romans 10:4

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT: The world thinks that sin is being bad and righteousness is being good. They say, “If I am just a good person, then I will go to heaven.” God seems like a Santa Claus, making a list and checking it twice, trying to find out if we are naughty or nice. That is just not so. Righteousness lies only in Jesus Christ. He left heaven, came to earth, lived a perfect, righteous life. Then, He suffered, bled, and died on a cross to atone for our sins. He was buried and raised to life by the power of God and has ascended into glory. His blood was applied to the mercy seat of God – that is righteousness. Galatians 2:21 tells us, “If righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.” Do you know what that means? If you could be saved by being good, then Calvary was a blunder. If there was some other way for you to be saved, God would not have let His Son die upon a cross.

ACTION POINT: On this Christmas Day, how do you see God – is He your Santa Claus making sure you’re naught or nice? Is He a butler – tending to your every whim and fancy? Or is He the High and Exalted King of kings, the Almighty One, the Everlasting Father?
from Love Worth Finding

AAAAAAAAAAAAMEN!!!!

Thanks for posting this sincereheart

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

The Crusader
« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2004, 09:32:15 AM »

from Love Worth Finding

Good Devotional thought

The Crusader
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 07, 2004, 08:34:25 AM »

...AND not asking me to recite any Hail Mary's...

Roll Eyes
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2004, 05:07:11 PM »

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

The Crusader
« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2004, 06:11:10 AM »

I Am A Soldier In God's Army

I am a soldier in the army of my God. The Lord Jesus Christ is my commanding officer. The Holy Bible is my code of conduct. Faith, prayer, and the Word are my weapons of warfare. I have been taught by the Holy Spirit, trained by experience, tried by adversity and tested by fire. I am a volunteer in this army, and I am enlisted for eternity. I will either retire in this army at the Rapture or die in this army; but I will not get out, sell out, be talked out, or pushed out. I am faithful, reliable, capable and dependable. If my God needs me, I am there. If He needs me in the Sunday school, to teach the children, work with the youth, help adults or just sit and learn. He can use me because I am there! I am a soldier. I am not a baby. I do not need to be pampered, petted, primed up, pumped up, picked up or pepped up. I am a soldier. No one has to call me, remind me, write me,
visit me, entice me, or lure me. I am a soldier. I am not a wimp. I am in place, saluting my King, obeying His orders, praising His name, and building His kingdom! No one has to send me flowers, gifts, food, cards, candy or give me handouts. I do not need to be cuddled, cradled, cared for, or catered to. I am committed. I cannot have my feelings hurt bad enough to turn me around. I cannot be discouraged enough to turn me aside. I cannot lose enough to cause me to quit.
When Jesus called me into this army, I had nothing. If I end up with nothing, I will still come out ahead. I will win. My God has and will continue to supply all of my needs. I am more than a conqueror. I will always triumph. I can do all things through Christ. Devils cannot defeat me. People cannot disillusion me. Weather cannot weary me. Sickness cannot stop me. Battles cannot beat me. Money cannot buy me. Governments cannot silence me and hell cannot handle me. I am a soldier. Even death cannot destroy me. For when my commander calls me from this battlefield, He will promote me to Captain and then allow me to rule with Him. I am a soldier in the army, and I'm marching claiming victory. I will not give up. I will not turn around. I am a soldier, marching heaven bound. Here I stand! Will you stand with me?

Guess what? If you've received Jesus Christ as your Savior you're already enlisted! Question is, which part of the service are you in:

1. Active Duty: Serving the Lord faithfully, daily, and on duty 24-7?

2. Reserve status: Serving only when called upon or twice a year, Christmas and Easter?

3. Guard status: Backing up the Active Duty group?

4. AWOL! Absent without the Lord?

THINK ABOUT IT!!!

Author Unknown

Amen

No one has to send me flowers, gifts, food, cards, candy or give me handouts. I do not need to be cuddled, cradled, cared for, or catered to. I am committed. I cannot have my feelings hurt bad enough to turn me around. I cannot be discouraged enough to turn me aside. I cannot lose enough to cause me to quit.
When Jesus called me into this army, I had nothing. If I end up with nothing, I will still come out ahead. I will win. My God has and will continue to supply all of my needs. I am more than a conqueror. I will always triumph. I can do all things through Christ.

And Amen

Your friend and brother

The Crusader
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2004, 03:50:11 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Ambassador4Christ & The Crusader,

AMEN BROTHERS!

That was a beautiful post from both of you. We are rich beyond measure with treasures in Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour. It is a beautiful thing to consider that our passports for this world are short-term and our CITIZENSHIP IS IN HEAVEN.

Thanks be unto GOD for HIS unspeakable GIFT!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the